Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TX Coaching Search

Started by trashcan maN, December 06, 2013, 09:50:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Newhopehog

Saban's legacy as the only three in a row NC coach bit the dust...He could go to tsip and win a NC and would be the only coach to win at three diff schools...that would be something for him to hang his hat on.... 

TMc

Quote from: kj0N on December 06, 2013, 10:11:05 am
Good question. I've heard chirpings of Smart staying to keep continuity and keep the wheels rolling, but I don't remember who said it which means it probably wasn't very reliable.

I hope it happens and Smart does take over.., I'm willing to be he'll be another Will Muschamp.  I'm tired of all the Kirby Smart talk.., when you really don't know what he is / or isn't.

hogs25

Saw this on Twitter.

SST Radio Show‏@SSTRadio                                                                                                                  1h
BREAKING NEWS:  Nick Saban has agreed to a new a contract at Alabama, which will keep him in Tuscaloosa through retirement and beyond.

board

All you Gusser's to texas imagine his wife sipping tea. That should clear your head. Not saying it will, but it should............

GalaHawg

Saban's new contract at Bama is 5 years $40 mil.

Source: A Bama Professor very close to athletic dept

board

Gus to Texas. Source: My anus.............

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogs25 on December 06, 2013, 06:22:33 pm
Saw this on Twitter.

SST Radio Show‏@SSTRadio                                                                                                                  1h
BREAKING NEWS:  Nick Saban has agreed to a new a contract at Alabama, which will keep him in Tuscaloosa through retirement and beyond.
Did i not tell you folks that in this thread? Saban was not going anywhere. Sexton got him more money from Bama.

WilsonHog

Quote from: GalaHawg on December 06, 2013, 06:35:50 pm

$8 million a year.

I said earlier this season that we would see a coach paid $10 million a year within the next 25 years. It's almost a certainty.

PorkSoda

I what's sexton's commission is.  dude must be banking after all the raises he's gotten for his clients.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TeedupHigh

Saban, not leaving Bama, for Texas

TeedupHigh

Quote from: Newhopehog on December 06, 2013, 05:23:37 pm
Saban's legacy as the only three in a row NC coach bit the dust...He could go to tsip and win a NC and would be the only coach to win at three diff schools...that would be something for him to hang his hat on.... 

He would never win another one at Texas, He would have to beat Bama to do so,  LOL can You imagine what that would look like?  Kinda like when they beat Texas before only much worse.  Dislocate more than a QB shoulder.......

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: kj0N on December 06, 2013, 10:12:50 am
Good call, but he's NW alum isn't he? It's always hard to get those guys. Same with Shaw.

Rich Rodriguez was West Virginia alum and still left. Alumni is overrated element.

kaiserhog

texas tush hog

Quote from: The NewEra on December 06, 2013, 02:45:56 pm
I've been wondering if Lake Travis was still an empty canyon.  God that lake use to be beautiful.

Up until three weeks ago it was Pond Travis however there was some flash flooding in Travis County and the surrounding area that may have changed things. My brother lives in Buda, I'll call and ask him he should know.

rhames

Quote from: TeedupHigh on December 06, 2013, 06:48:08 pm
Saban, not leaving Bama, for Texas

But it was a super secret that everyone knew this is just part of the super secret.

On a real note. Y'all want to see what a staff does when they know they aren't coming back? Watch the 2012 razorback season.

Mac gets another year in Texas.

Btw. I'm dating Kate Uptom. It's a super secret. She doesn't even know.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 06, 2013, 06:40:52 pm
$8 million a year.

I said earlier this season that we would see a coach paid $10 million a year within the next 25 years. It's almost a certainty.

Saban could get it this year if he wanted it.

LZH

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on December 06, 2013, 07:55:42 pm
Saban could get it this year if he wanted it.

Probably.  I heard Finebaum say a few weeks ago that the honchos at Alabama think the $5.2M that they pay Saban is a bargain.  He pointed out what a NC would be worth to a SEC school, or two, or three....

Newhopehog

Quote from: TeedupHigh on December 06, 2013, 06:52:52 pm
He would never win another one at Texas, He would have to beat Bama to do so,  LOL can You imagine what that would look like?  Kinda like when they beat Texas before only much worse.  Dislocate more than a QB shoulder.......
You think bama would replace him with an equal or better.....

racingpossum

Mack Brown will be the head coach at Texas next season.

GoHogs1091

If Texas makes a change, they could be going the NFL route.  They know that they need someone who can go up against Kevin Sumlin's recruiting in the State of Texas.  Getting someone with a NFL background means that Texas will have a Head Coach who can tell recruits in the State of Texas that he knows what it takes to get them to the NFL, which can override the aspect that Texas A&M is probably now using regarding telling recruits that they can play in the SEC while staying close to home.

Here is some NFL options that Texas might contact/consider.

Lovie Smith-  Smith is originally from Texas.  He would "tear it up" in regards to recruiting in the State of Texas.  Perplexingly, Smith wasn't hired for any NFL coaching position before the start of this current NFL season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovie_Smith

Bill Cowher

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cowher

Jim Caldwell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Caldwell_(American_football)

Mike Groh-  Groh was named the National Recruiter of the Year by 247sports.com this past recruiting season (Groh was an Assistant at Alabama before going back to the NFL to coach).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Groh

Boardon Hamsay

Saw this on Twitter.

Sounds about right.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

East Clintwood

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on December 06, 2013, 08:40:02 pm
If Texas makes a change, they could be going the NFL route.  They know that they need someone who can go up against Kevin Sumlin's recruiting in the State of Texas.  Getting someone with a NFL background means that Texas will have a Head Coach who can tell recruits in the State of Texas that he knows what it takes to get them to the NFL, which can override the aspect that Texas A&M is probably now using regarding telling recruits that they can play in the SEC while staying close to home.

Lovie Smith-  Smith is originally from Texas.  He would "tear it up" in regards to recruiting in the State of Texas.  Perplexingly, Smith wasn't hired for any NFL coaching position before the start of this current NFL season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovie_Smith

Bill Cowher

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cowher

Jim Caldwell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Caldwell_(American_football)

Mike Groh-  Groh was named the National Recruiter of the Year by 247sports.com this past recruiting season (Groh was an Assistant at Alabama before going back to the NFL to coach).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Groh

Gruden!!!
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: racingpossum on December 06, 2013, 08:30:49 pm
Mack Brown will be the head coach at Texas next season.

I think this will be the case as well. Now, if the PTB down there force a change, I suspect Briles would be the hire. A small faction down there wants to target Jimbo Fisher but I would think FSU will have a raise ready for him just after the ACC title game.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

texas tush hog

Quote from: The NewEra on December 06, 2013, 02:45:56 pm
I've been wondering if Lake Travis was still an empty canyon.  God that lake use to be beautiful.

Just talked to my brother in Buda, Lake Travis is 35% full as of yesterday. That may be why Saban turned the sippers down. LOL

texas tush hog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on December 06, 2013, 08:40:02 pm

I could see Lovie, but the others might be a reach.

Calling All Hogs

If Arkansas hired a coach that could consistently win 10 games or more a year and paid him $10 million a year they would come out way ahead of where we are now.

rocknrollcoastie

Saw this on Twitter.

Still haven't seen anybody else confirm this
Hard Rock Nights is on the air in 6 continents, 30 countries, over 100 stations and aired over 150 times a week or you can listen anytime anywhere on mixcloud
http://old.mixcloud.com/hardrocknights/

Hard Rock Nights finding tomorrow's classic rock today...it's what we do

RedyorNot

Quote from: moses_007 on December 06, 2013, 02:11:55 pm
She can deny looking to buy a house in Austin if she wants to, but it came straight from a realtor that she was in the market for a home in Austin.  Then, once she was caught, she said she was looking to buy a vacation home there. Now, why would anyone in their right mind want a vacation home in Austin, Texas?

I was at the Bama/Auburn game with my buddy that is an Aubbie alum. The lady sitting in front of us works for the Alabama High School Football Association. Apparently, the Sabans are building an 8k square foot home in the Austin area. When Saban was asked about it previously, he said it was being built for his daughter Kristen. Take it for what it's worth-

Inhogswetrust

Saw this on Twitter.

Beyond retirement. Dang that's a long time. I wonder where they will bury him?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 06, 2013, 09:17:01 pm

Just talked to my brother in Buda, Lake Travis is 35% full as of yesterday. That may be why Saban turned the sippers down. LOL

They drain it to refill their ego when that gets low. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

December 07, 2013, 08:18:43 am #230 Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:53:18 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: rhames on December 06, 2013, 07:46:12 pm

But it was a super secret that everyone knew this is just part of the super secret.

On a real note. Y'all want to see what a staff does when they know they aren't coming back? Watch the 2012 razorback season.

Mac gets another year in Texas.

Btw. I'm dating Kate Uptom. It's a super secret. She doesn't even know.

At least you can post a picture of her unlike a certain former ND player.................................

grayhawg

Saw this on Twitter.

I'm not the best at finding things on the web, but I can't find anything to back up this story.
Has anyone found another source?

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on December 06, 2013, 10:15:36 am
I just don't see Saban going to Texas.  His, or his wife's, voiced discontent with Alabama being spoiled, unappreciative fans, in a fishbowl environment would be exactly what he'd get in Austin if he had the same success there.  That said, he'd have to build that success at Texas.  While I don't think it would take long, it would take more work than staying at Bama.

I think Sexton gets Saban a nice pay raise out of this, but I just don't see Saban up and moving to Austin.
I think you are on to something here.  He has basically completed the task at Alabama.  He has done everything expected of him and more.  He has built "the monster" as Nolan used to say, now he has to "feed it."  That is where the "unappreciated feeling" part comes in.  Its what have you done for me lately and all that. 

Saban has put himself in a position where if he goes 12-1, but loses the right game at the wrong time, his season is considered a failure.  There can be no more spoiled fan base in the country as Bama's.  Their since of entitlement is utterly amazing and with good reason.  Look at what Bear did and now look at what Saban has done.

A move to TX would give him a few years of "relatively" (and I do mean relatively) pressure free coaching as he would be building TX back to where they once were. Then he would retire.   I can see the logic in this but who the heck knows if he would go there.  He may not want to start over again, although its not like he would be taking over say.....Arkansas.... LOL.  Texas may be down, but they are not chopped liver even with MBrown.

The NewEra

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 06, 2013, 09:17:01 pm

That's sad that Lake Travis is looking that way now.  When I left Dallas and came back to Arkansas I was living on Lake Lavon just outside of Dallas and the drought had that lake looking pretty bad also.  They have some serious fresh water issues in that state.

VBMark

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 06, 2013, 10:49:30 am
Why announce on Dec. 13th?  If that's true, and it is Saban, then that's pretty bold on both of their parts.  They would fling eggs at Saban's house with impunity, and he'd have more death threats than you can shake a stick at.  Someone would paint "DYE" in cheesy white spray paint on his statue, and the fans that have loved him for years would boo him at the bowl game.  People think we're bat poop crazy, but Bama fans...you gotta be kidding me.  They're bonkers from the word go.

Fixed it for you. Pat says hi.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

VBMark

Sorry what did you say? I was distracted by an avatar.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

MacHog19

Quote from: gumbohog on December 06, 2013, 05:07:48 pm
True story…and I've known how "message board" it sounds ever since I heard it a few weeks ago but…
I live in Austin and my audio visual guy's BEST FRIEND said he PERSONALLY SOLD the Saban's a house in Texas

A similar story has been shared by many people here in Austin

I love the way that sounds…"my a-v guys best friend".  I know my friends have taken it a few extra steps "my brother's friend has an a-v guy who's friend PERSONALLY sold the Saban's a house in Austin" :)
If true, it would be possible to verify by checking the county real estate records, unless the property was put in the name of a trust, limited liability company or corporation that covered the name.

trashcan maN

The Bama source who said Saban was signing an extension also said it would be announced on Gameday. It was not announced.

trashcan maN

Quote from: MacHog19 on December 07, 2013, 10:30:34 am
If true, it would be possible to verify by checking the county real estate records, unless the property was put in the name of a trust, limited liability company or corporation that covered the name.
It has been verified that the Sabans purchased a house in Austin under their llc. We just don't know why..

razorbackkid

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 07, 2013, 08:14:30 am
Beyond retirement. Dang that's a long time. I wonder where they will bury him?
You don't bury someone like Saban.  His body will be mummified and retired to an office overlooking the athletic department and/or football field.  An honor day will be declared and governments will shut down for a show of respect.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Hoggish1

Quote from: board on December 06, 2013, 06:39:00 pm
Gus to Texas. Source: My anus.............

Ur-anus?  Isn't that a planet?  LMAO +1

WILL CLINTON

Only in Arkansas could there be a thread over a college football job

THAT HASN'T OPENED YET.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on December 07, 2013, 04:16:45 pm
Only in Arkansas could there be a thread over a college football job

THAT HASN'T OPENED YET.

Almost every sports forum in the SEC has a thread about the Texas job.

Boardon Hamsay

December 07, 2013, 08:16:38 pm #243 Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:54:16 pm by rlh06
Jumbo Fisher is now up to $4M+ per with his new deal at FSU. So, that may be another Texas target down. Not that I thought JF would leave but heard he would be a UT target.

rhames

Houston Nutt to the longhorns

Done deal

Source I have them
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: rhames on December 07, 2013, 08:17:30 pm
Houston Nutt to the longhorns

Done deal

Source I have them

I'm still hoping its Bama.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

OldCoot

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 06, 2013, 06:40:52 pm
$8 million a year.

It will happen within 3-5 years.

SouthSide Johnny

ET just moved to Austin, Saben to follow..

[attachment deleted by admin]
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

COCHISE

Chip Kelly will be back in college football shortly. Maybe as soon as the UT or Bama job comes open.