Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

anyone going to yellville to drop turkeys?

Started by gotyacovered, October 10, 2011, 03:50:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

You are what you tolerate.

theFlyingHog

Duct tape the N number and stay high enough so they can't ID. lol....

Seriously though, from reading the article I got the impression that this event could be moved to a suitable location and managed in such a way as to allow this tradition to continue.

gotyacovered

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 10, 2011, 07:35:57 pm

Duct tape the N number and stay high enough so they can't ID. lol....

Seriously though, from reading the article I got the impression that this event could be moved to a suitable location and managed in such a way as to allow this tradition to continue.

Then PETA would get em  :puke:

theFlyingHog

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 10, 2011, 07:43:12 pm
Then PETA would get em  :puke:
People Eating Tasty Animals? Hahaha. I'll circle overhead with bags of flour to take care of the PETA crazies while you drop the turks

gotyacovered

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 10, 2011, 07:50:47 pm
People Eating Tasty Animals? Hahaha. I'll circle overhead with bags of flour to take care of the PETA crazies while you drop the turks

bet... the world would be a better place!!!

i have a picture that perfectly describes my feeling for PETA, unfortunately i cant post it... 'SCREW PETA' just didnt have the same ring to it. but it is spelled out in doves ;D

ADAM_713

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 10, 2011, 08:47:49 pm
bet... the world would be a better place!!!

i have a picture that perfectly describes my feeling for PETA, unfortunately i cant post it... 'SCREW PETA' just didnt have the same ring to it. but it is spelled out in doves ;D
I like it! I think I'll do that with ducks this year

gotyacovered

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 11, 2011, 11:52:02 am
I like it! I think I'll do that with ducks this year

i have done it with duck breasts, but we usually dont hunt with enough people for 8 letters.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 11, 2011, 02:07:44 pm
i have done it with duck breasts, but we usually dont hunt with enough people for 8 letters.
I never get checked by the warden where I hunt.... Kidding! We never see wardens around our lease but I don't kill over my limit. Now I'm hungry for some duck boobies..... Teal season was a bust

gotyacovered

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 11, 2011, 02:59:41 pm
I never get checked by the warden where I hunt.... Kidding! We never see wardens around our lease but I don't kill over my limit. Now I'm hungry for some duck boobies..... Teal season was a bust

teal season was around here also. we just started pumping, gonna be a lot less holes to hunt, but last year, i think it help us a lot. my expectations are high, cant wait to do a little aerial scouting!!!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 11, 2011, 04:47:04 pm
teal season was around here also. we just started pumping, gonna be a lot less holes to hunt, but last year, i think it help us a lot. my expectations are high, cant wait to do a little aerial scouting!!!
We never kill anything when the bottoms are flooded since the ducks have options. We're getting out of the huge blind this year to try a new spot, I'm pretty stoked

gotyacovered

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 11, 2011, 06:24:22 pm
We never kill anything when the bottoms are flooded since the ducks have options. We're getting out of the huge blind this year to try a new spot, I'm pretty stoked

good luck, maybe we can piece together a "puck feta" haha

look forward to hearing about it

YtownHog

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 10, 2011, 03:50:32 pm
i have never heard of this... glad the faa is on top of this. /sarcasm

only in arkansas....

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/FAA_Warns_Turkey_Drop_Pilots_205524-1.html

Not a pilot but found this forum and have enjoyed reading.  Wish someone would have come to turkey trot.  This is my home town and for as long a I've been alive they've been dropping turkeys from airplanes. Unfortunately the pressure was too much from PETA and the chance to lose your piloting license this year and nobody threw them.  It was actually sad.  It was a staple of this small town festival.

gotyacovered

Quote from: YtownHog on November 21, 2011, 09:35:25 pm
Not a pilot but found this forum and have enjoyed reading.  Wish someone would have come to turkey trot.  This is my home town and for as long a I've been alive they've been dropping turkeys from airplanes. Unfortunately the pressure was too much from PETA and the chance to lose your piloting license this year and nobody threw them.  It was actually sad.  It was a staple of this small town festival.

i bet, i can imagine that it was fun to watch. nothing like federal agencies and groups like PETA ruining all the fun. sigh.

Virgil

December 05, 2011, 03:16:27 pm #14 Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:19:29 pm by gotyacovered
That's just weird!!!  lol
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!