Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting a trip tonight

Started by fdx flyer, October 06, 2011, 08:49:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fdx flyer

I'm heading out on 6 day trip tonight.  Dubai, New Delhi, and Paris.  I'm gonna have to try to watch the Hogs in India on the slingbox.  Hopefully the hotel has a fairly fast internet conection.  I'm gonna be pissed if they don't.

Of course, I'm home for the bye weekend and then gone again for Ole Miss.  My lack of seniority is sucking during football season. 

I'm enjoying the forum!  Hopefully I can check in some on the road.    Y'all have a great weekend.  Go Hogs!!

Brownstreak

I feel your pain regarding juniority.  I can't remember when I was last home for Thanksgiving.

gotyacovered

Be safe, cool places to see! Hope we embarrass AU for ya.
You are what you tolerate.

ADAM_713

Don't make out with any chicks in Dubai.  I hear they throw you in jail for that.  Safe Travels.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

Flying Razorback

Good luck and safe travels.  If that's a junior trip then I can only imagine how great the senior pilots have. 

Tailwinds and clear skies.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

dc10x1103

i am one of the real lucky ones in aviation.  i flew for over 40 years, over 25,000 hrs and except for 400 hrs everything was either single pilot or in the left seat.  during my fedex career, i bid #1 in the 727 and #4 in the dc10. an example of how great this was, was in the vacation bid.  i had 36 days of vacation.  i broke this up into 4  9 day periods.  then bidding international, i put the 9days at the end of one international trip and the start of another one.  i wiped a months flying out with 9 days of vacation.  do this 4 times and you have 4 months annually of vacation.

gotyacovered

Quote from: dc10x1103 on October 07, 2011, 10:56:47 am
i am one of the real lucky ones in aviation.  i flew for over 40 years, over 25,000 hrs and except for 400 hrs everything was either single pilot or in the left seat.  during my fedex career, i bid #1 in the 727 and #4 in the dc10. an example of how great this was, was in the vacation bid.  i had 36 days of vacation.  i broke this up into 4  9 day periods.  then bidding international, i put the 9days at the end of one international trip and the start of another one.  i wiped a months flying out with 9 days of vacation.  do this 4 times and you have 4 months annually of vacation.

that is awesome, way to work the system.

fdx flyer

DC-10  -  yeah I'd say you were pretty lucky!  I'll never be able to get that kind of seniority.  I can't believe you were in the left seat the whole time.  I've been here 7 years, and can just now hold the left seat of the 727.  I'm gonna stay in the right seat of the 777 though.  Just got here, and so far, it's good livin'.

And yes, our vacation policy rocks.

Here's a couple of pics from the trip (notice I was representing with my Hog gear):

gotyacovered

October 15, 2011, 06:58:18 pm #8 Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:32:46 pm by gotyacovered
thats cool man