Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sooooo, let me tell you about my morning

Started by gotyacovered, October 04, 2011, 04:34:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

i was planning a dual cross this morning to crosset, i had bidness there, and need a few more dual cross hours, two birds with one stone right?

nawp...

in short.... get my 182 pulled out, preflight (already knowing i needed gas) crank her up, CFI in tow... taxi to the pumps--out of gas (pumps not my plane). so i i start looking for my log to calculate how much gas i have exactly (indicating on the left between 1/8th-1/4 and just under a 1/4 on the right) and i failed to write down my last fill up and flight. we never could nail down exactly how much gas i had, and i wasn't prepared to fly 24 mins to get gas at the next closest FBO, even though i probably had enough, better safe than sorry.

that was the longest 4.5 hours of driving i have had to do in a looooong time.  :-[

a few good lessons learned on that one.
You are what you tolerate.

Flying Razorback

Great call though, too many people have decided to go for it and forgot about something else that might have used about 10 more minutes.  You can never fault a good 'knock it off' call. 

That's the one thing this hobby kills.  I hate driving 6 hours to Little Rock when it only takes me about 35 minutes to fly there.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

fdx flyer

Ouch!  Hate it when I do stuff like that.  Good call on not chancing it though.

I've got a JPI EDM-700 engine monitor with fuel flow in my Bo.  It's a sweet little instrument.  I keep a log of which tank I was burning from and how much is remaining when I shut down.  When I go to fill up it's always accurate within a gallon (usually less) on each tank.  It sure beats those old gauges. 

gotyacovered

i bet that engine monitor is one of the best tools you can have.

i have a 696... i wish that it had a better fuel management tool.

i got some props from my dad not going to crosset, so that made me fell better. we didnt end up getting fuel until yesterday evening and my son had  football game. gonna fly this afternoon, cant wait.
You are what you tolerate.

theFlyingHog