Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moses Kingsley

Started by HF#1, September 15, 2012, 01:13:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: thebignasty on September 18, 2012, 05:06:21 pm
You're reading this thread the wrong way.

We're landing some 4 and 5 star talents- that's a step forward for us, and we should be excited.   Assuming that getting some 4 and 5 stars means we instantly have the deepest and greatest front-court in the history of organized athletic competition is... A little bit much, yeah? 

We ought to be good.  That's a fair statement.  The best.... Let that play out on the court, maybe?

Thank you.

UNCLE BACK

September 18, 2012, 06:50:58 pm #101 Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:53:25 pm by pridgehog
Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 18, 2012, 03:57:37 pm
Not sure what that has to do with what was said. What you said isn't a statement of longevity, and that's what was being discussed.
You said not right now and not next season. A great coach can turn it around quick, I understand that you think we will not be great this season. Nowhere did I say we have been great lately, I think we will be a very good team this year who might shock the country and make an elite 8 run or something. I am excited about the future and I think we might have a Front Court Class coming in next year that might be just as good as anyones in the Nation. Only time will tell, It seems like anytime anyone tries to get excited on Jump Ball, You Mr Donkey, try and Knock us down a peg or two. I have seen ** coaching around here for 10 years so forgive me if I am excited now that we have a real coach!!!

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 18, 2012, 04:01:23 pm
Look around college basketball then.

Start with Kentucky, work your way down....
So you know for a fact that Kentucky will have better front court players than us? I mean for all we know, Moses and Bobby might be the best PF and C combo in the country in the next few years.

HogFoo

Quote from: pridgehog on September 18, 2012, 06:55:35 pm
So you know for a fact that Kentucky will have better front court players than us? I mean for all we know, Moses and Bobby might be the best PF and C combo in the country in the next few years.
i agree.  Time will tell. But i think the Hogs are going to be a really good team this year. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

azhog10

Quote from: Breems on September 18, 2012, 11:05:47 am
Dude, what am I missing here?  How can Powell come back when he's a senior this year?!?  Have I gone looney?

Assuming Harris doesn't get the waiver this year, hopefully he can step in next year and fill Powell's old role. *note - I said fill his role, not his production*
You def have gone looney. Powell gets an extra year if he deems to use it. Don't be surprised if BJ doesn't have a blow out year to seem him heavily consider coming back. From what I've been told he loves the idea of playing with Kingsley and Portis.....

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: pridgehog on September 18, 2012, 06:55:35 pm

History tells me they probably will have a better frontcourt.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: pridgehog on September 18, 2012, 06:50:58 pm
You said not right now and not next season. A great coach can turn it around quick, I understand that you think we will not be great this season. Nowhere did I say we have been great lately, I think we will be a very good team this year who might shock the country and make an elite 8 run or something. I am excited about the future and I think we might have a Front Court Class coming in next year that might be just as good as anyones in the Nation. Only time will tell, It seems like anytime anyone tries to get excited on Jump Ball, You Mr Donkey, try and Knock us down a peg or two. I have seen ** coaching around here for 10 years so forgive me if I am excited now that we have a real coach!!!

You can be excited without being unrealistic and making bold statements that just serve to make us as fans look foolish.

I have no doubt Portis and Kingsley will be good college players. Hope they're All-Americans. But the reality of the situation is that, for all the potential and tools he has, Hunter Mickelson wasn't even a top 50 big man last season. Other programs had better freshman big men and other programs will have been sophomore bigs this season. I think it's rash, to say the least, to suggest we will have the best frontcourt in the nation. We'll be an NCAA tournament (or should be), but let's hold off on all the boldness for a second.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 18, 2012, 08:30:46 pm
You can be excited without being unrealistic and making bold statements that just serve to make us as fans look foolish.

I have no doubt Portis and Kingsley will be good college players. Hope they're All-Americans. But the reality of the situation is that, for all the potential and tools he has, Hunter Mickelson wasn't even a top 50 big man last season. Other programs had better freshman big men and other programs will have been sophomore bigs this season. I think it's rash, to say the least, to suggest we will have the best frontcourt in the nation. We'll be an NCAA tournament (or should be), but let's hold off on all the boldness for a second.
yes sir!

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 18, 2012, 08:24:25 pm
History tells me they probably will have a better frontcourt.
yes sir!