Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 04:48:49 am

Board Width

Started by TomasPistola, July 31, 2015, 06:00:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomasPistola

Hello Bear,

Using Chrome and noticing that the site width option isn't changing anything. Instead of the more compact view I'm used to, the board stretches all the way across the screen. Good job on the upgrade. Had to have been fun. :D
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Doug

I heard people loud and clear after the last update and decided that I was no longer going to utilize controlled settings (normal, medium, large). I locked the forums in at 95%. With the new Mobile skin we've got... needed to have some flexibility here for everyone. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

31to6

Quote from: Doug on July 31, 2015, 06:40:53 pm
I heard people loud and clear after the last update and decided that I was no longer going to utilize controlled settings (normal, medium, large). I locked the forums in at 95%. With the new Mobile skin we've got... needed to have some flexibility here for everyone. :)
The display is kinda weird now.

The forums are most of the width of the window (about 3/8" of "grass" on either side on a high resolution laptop display), but the header and footer--while centered--each have about 4" of "grass" on either side.

It doesn't affect functionality, but it doesn't look good.

Doug

That's an intentional design, so that the header/footer remain consistent with the rest of the site.

Fear not, guys... the updated site design itself will be a lot more flexible. :)

It took me about 10 hours to prep and implement the forum upgrade itself. The site redesign will be another 10-12 hours.

The forum update was much more crucial to several things going on with KNWA and Hogville. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

31to6

Quote from: Doug on July 31, 2015, 07:46:44 pm
That's an intentional design, so that the header/footer remain consistent with the rest of the site.
Ok... fair enough... I barely noticed it, just thought I would report incase it was an anomaly with a specific browser or something.