Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lightbulb popped and now plugins no longer.work

Started by Magic_Hogg, October 23, 2014, 03:06:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic_Hogg

I have a hog helmet lamp on the bedside table and this morning when I turned it on it gave a good pop and went out.  Okay fine.  Then I noticed my kindle was not charging - long story short the plugins don't work.  I at first thought maybe it was a neighborhood thing or someone forgot to pay the bill.  But no - everything else in thehouse works and lights and carries juice.

I find it too coincidental that the lightbulbb popped and then the plugins in the same room as the lamp go dead.  Any one ever had this problem?

Ragnar Hogbrok

You popped a circuit breaker for that room.  Go out to the garage (or wherever it is) and look at your circuit breaker box.  Reset the breaker.  If you have a fuse box, God help you.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Magic_Hogg

Yeah I looked at it everything said on.  Did not think to reset it though will give it a shot.  Thanks Chief

twistitup

Look at all of your outlets in the area...one or more may need to be reset by pushing in the button on the front - new gfci outlets will trip and nothing in that room will work until reset
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

GolfNut57

Quote from: Magic_Hogg on October 23, 2014, 03:06:52 pm
I have a hog helmet lamp on the bedside table and this morning when I turned it on it gave a good pop and went out.  Okay fine.  Then I noticed my kindle was not charging - long story short the plugins don't work.  I at first thought maybe it was a neighborhood thing or someone forgot to pay the bill.  But no - everything else in thehouse works and lights and carries juice.

I find it too coincidental that the lightbulbb popped and then the plugins in the same room as the lamp go dead.  Any one ever had this problem?

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 23, 2014, 05:02:48 pm
It's an omen.

Omen of what? That the Hogs lights are fixing to be put out by UAB? jk........lol
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

vandybuff

Should you have a house built before 1980, you may have aluminum wiring, and fried a wire / circuit.  If so, all your wiring should be repaired or you are at low but real risk of fire.  If you look carefully at the outlets, you might see one that is 'smoked' or discolored near the slots.

Newer wiring -- not all breakers 'throw to off position' ... find the one for the outlets in your affected room and throw breaker 'off' and then 'on'. 

If the wiring on this circuit is near water (faucets, etc.), there will be an outlet with an build-in breaker .... press that 'off' and then 'on'.

hope this helps.

What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

majestic

Quote from: Magic_Hogg on October 23, 2014, 03:06:52 pm

Your fleshlight over-revved while you were thinking about balding dudes with skinny grey ponytails, a RATM t-shirt and pink "I love fags" ribbons.

But, yeah, you tripped a GFI switch.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08