Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm Giving Up On Firefox...

Started by JIMMY BOARFFETT, August 14, 2013, 09:25:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY BOARFFETT

It continues to be super slow with multiple hang-ups, sometimes won't open at all.  I just figured out it's a Firefox problem.  Can you guys recommend an alternative.  I've had it with Firefox.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on August 14, 2013, 10:07:36 am
Google Chrome.

I switched to chrome from Firefox last year for the same reason. Now Chrome is doing the same thing. Both are better than IE however.

GreenwayTigerHog

I use Safari at home probably 99% of the time & have no complaints.  Stuck with IE at work.

hawgrunner

I'm with ya, I was a huge fan of Firefox but as of the past year it's gone to dog house...
It may start out at a good speed but you get on a few pages or run it for about an hour or two and slows to a crawl!!

SteveInArk

They all have their issues, imho.  But any of the alternatives are better than IE.  I had Chrome and Firefox running a while back, mixing up which one I used during different on-line sessions.  I finally, unscientifically, decided Firefox was more stable and faster than Chrome.   I couldn't prove it though.   ;)

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

East Clintwood

I've gotten frustrated and gone away from Firefox several times but I keep coming back to it.  I think it's still better than anything else out there.  Opera was the best alternative but they gave up independent development switched to a Chrome basis.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

RebelliousHog

I never had good luck with Chrome. PLus (I know black helicopters) Google is invasive.  I've experimented with Safari for windows and SlimBoat. Slimboat has a very small footprint, but has few features (hence small footprint).

I like you all feel that Firefox has gotten bloated.   
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Milton

Never used it but heard good things about Maxthon
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

RebelliousHog

July 13, 2014, 10:56:25 am #9 Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:13:33 pm by HenduHog
I've used Max but it's been years. I'm going to check it out.

K-Meleon which is based on the same kernal as Firefox doesn't suck.   I use the pages here with lots of youtube vids as a test and they opened faster than any browser I've ever used. A major downside is YouTube will not open with it. But if you're loking for a pretty fast simple broswer you might look at it.

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

EDIT: WILL open YouTube vids. When you first go to YT it gives you that "doesn't support" memo. Click no thanks and you're good.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci