Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If $6 million is the number??

Started by Lake City Hog, November 24, 2012, 06:15:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake City Hog

If the rumored $6 million is accurate, give me a name that is worth that much money.

1. Nick Saban------------Definitely
2. Bill Cowher------------Definitely
3. Jon Gruden-----------Probably
4. Gary Patterson-------No
5. Chris Petersen-------No
6. Mike Gundy----------Absolutely Not!
7. Butch Davis----------No
The only other name that I could even think of adding to this list would be a darkhorse like Mark Richt and I don't think that he is worth that much money. If we pay $6mil to anyone past #3 Jeff Long should be fired during the PC!!

dizzy_lavender

Steve austin = $6 million dollar man

HF#1

I think 6 million is the package for the coach and staff.  Petersen is looking at around 4 mil imo.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hogarusa

No coach is worth $6 million a year. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

devildoghawg

Quote from: lchog on November 24, 2012, 06:15:26 pm
If the rumored $6 million is accurate, give me a name that is worth that much money.

1. Nick Saban------------Definitely
2. Bill Cowher------------Definitely
3. Jon Gruden-----------Probably
4. Gary Patterson-------No
5. Chris Petersen-------No
6. Mike Gundy----------Absolutely Not!
7. Butch Davis----------No
The only other name that I could even think of adding to this list would be a darkhorse like Mark Richt and I don't think that he is worth that much money. If we pay $6mil to anyone past #3 Jeff Long should be fired during the PC!!
All of those coaches are great, and listed in a close order too.  I'd say Petersen and Gundy are both better coaches than Patterson but IMHO, no coach is worth 6.1 mil.  Call me crazy but Bama ain't even paying NS close to that now.  I think you shoot for 5 mil and Chris Petersen.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

HF#1

Quote from: lowberh on November 24, 2012, 06:19:34 pm
No coach is worth $6 million a year. 

There are two.  Saban and Carroll.  Only two I would pay that kind of money to.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

nextlevel

Just because Long supposedly got approval for 6 million per doesn't mean he is going to hire a coach for 6 mil per...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hvsupastar

Urban Meyer is easily worth 6 million. Not that he's a possibility
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

mrsherm501

Lake City Hog

I think that Saban makes $5.5 mil right now and to put Chris Peterson in the $5 mil range is totally ridiculous. Saban has earned the right to make that much money, Petersen, Patterson and Gundy have not!!

Petrino made about $3.6 mil add in the salaries of 9 on field coaches, a strength coach and 2 or 3 off field coaches and Arkansas has been paying over $6 mil for a couple of years. And by SEC standards our assistant coaches are pretty much underpaid.

grayhawg

No coach without multiple National Championships in College Football.