Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which NBA team would you like Brewer to go to?

Started by Adam Stokes, April 28, 2006, 12:31:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

Realisticly, he will probably go in the 10-25 range.  I think the best spot for him would be to go with the Utah Jazz.  This team is up and coming with a very young starting lineup with Andre Kirilenko, Mehmet Okur, Carlos Boozer, and Deron Williams.  The only spot they need to fill in their starting lineup is a SG, which could be quickly accustomed to a player like Brewer.  NBADraft.net has him going at #15 to the Bulls.  Utah is likely to have the 10-14 pick, so it's not out of the question that he would go to that spot. 

Obviously many people here are going to say that they want him to go to Memphis or Oklahoma City/New Orleans so he'll be close to home.  The truth is neither would give him ample playing time. 

Where do you all think he would best fit?

PorkSoda

Houston Rockets, I might be biased though, I'm from Houston
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Extra Point

If he's available for Chicago with their 16th pick, they will take him.  They love him, but he's not a #2 pick (they have #2 and 16 picks).

HoopS

Powder, I live in Houston too.  Sounds good to me.

pfrg999

Heat, Phoenix, Chicago, Houston, Celtics  But on the Big Board on ESPN  he is the 8th Best pick...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pfrg999

They (ESPN) have him either the 9th or 10th pick in every senario, By either the Warriors or Seattle...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HOGLUVIN

hogsanity

I dont like or folow the NBA but I hope he goes somewhere with a decent shot at a ring.  Then i want him to plull a Joe johnson and leave the really good team to go to one of the worst teams ever in the NBA.  What was JJ thinking?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: hogsanity on April 28, 2006, 01:22:04 pm
I dont like or folow the NBA but I hope he goes somewhere with a decent shot at a ring.  Then i want him to plull a Joe johnson and leave the really good team to go to one of the worst teams ever in the NBA.  What was JJ thinking?

30+ million reasons to go!

SupaCrawf

I'd like to see him on the Pistons, but just b/c I'm a Pistons fan.
I'm kind of a big deal.

bigyellowdog

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Michael11

Of course I want him to go to the most storied nba team of all time and play Scottie's role to the best player in the NBA= KOBE! Think about it He is the perfect Scottie Pippen for Kobe, unselfish, good defender, rebounder, and hey he is a good finisher!
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

HokieHawg

The Wizards. That way I can see him play all the time :)

Hugehogsfan

I am not a real big NBA fan anymore, but I would like him to go to Chicago if they have a chance at him.  I would love nothing more than to root for them again like I did back in the Michael Jordan days and RB would make me pay attention more to them.  I just hope that he is picked high so that this whole thing doesn't backfire.  Good luck to him and his family great people. 

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: SupaCrawf on April 28, 2006, 01:26:46 pm
I'd like to see him on the Pistons, but just b/c I'm a Pistons fan.

Me too.  Plus, I think his playing style would fit perfectly with them.  The only problem would be playing time.  It's already a pretty crowded starting lineup.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

hogfankb

Why does chicago love brewer so much. Look at these guards.

Deng,Duhon,Gordon,Hinrich and Pargo. Where does brewer fit into that?

Hank351

How about Memphis so we can all see him easily.  Memphis isn't to far away, and they're youthful and explosive, which makes them fun to watch.  I wuldn't mind it but I don't know where they're picking.

HawgLover08

three

I'd like to see him go to Dallas.  Avery Johnson, the Coach of the Year this year, is a defensive minded coach.  He'd get to play off the bench immediately, and would really have a chance to grow and develop......which he needs desperately.  He'd also benefit from going to San Antonio, where he could really have time to develop, and learn defense from Bruce Bowen, and offense from Michael Finley........but as a Mavs fan I HATE THE SPURS.

Another good fit for Brew would be a place like LAL, where Phil Jackson would develop him into one of the premiere point forwards in the league.  He'd be among the best assist men in the league every year.

However, I don't think any of those will actually happen.  Dallas has Josh Howard (a Ronnie with a better shot), San Antonio is a veteran laden team with young guys like Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili leading the way, and LA has Lamar Odom (either the worst good player or best bad player in the NBA), and Phil seems to really like him for some reason.

I think the best situation for Brew is somewhere where he doesn't have to play right a way.  Where he can let a star carry the  torch alone for 2-3 years while Ronnie slowly develops.  He needs to develop ball handling skills, as well as range and consistency on his shot.  With all of that taken into account, I think the BEST PLACE (not necessarily where he WILL end up) for him to go is Cleveland.  Talk about the perfect tandom of Lebron and Brew.  That would be like seeing Grant Hill and Magic Johnson play together.  Think about the 6-7 230 Brewer poking away a steal and leading the break, lobbing it behind him to the 6-8 240 Lebron for the throwdown.  Or Lebron driving, and dishing some sick no-look pass to a cutting Ronnie for the rising 2-hand slam.  PHENOMENAL!!!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

WichitaStateRazorback

Detroit, Atlanta, or Dallas is what I'd like to see.  Don't think he will drop to Dallas or Detroit though.

three

Quote from: HawgLover08 on April 28, 2006, 02:25:51 pm
somewhere where he can play immediately.
Bad call!! Do you want him to fail?  He doesn't have the shot to succeed in the NBA right now.  He cannot consistently knock down the 15-18 footers.  Think about it, there were some games (Florida) where he couldn't miss from that range, and other games (Tennessee, S. Carolina) where he couldn't throw a golf ball in the ocean if he was standing on the beach.  He needs polishing, and he COULD possibly be a star.  Without that, he'll become a flop with his first team, and will need a trade or a move in free agency to get a fresh start and show what he really is capable of.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

Hogs4Ever

I would like to see him go to any of the contenders like San Antonio, Detroit, Miami.

HognotinMemphis

Memphis won't get him but it would be fun to have him here.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

SupaCrawf

Quote from: HoginMemphis on April 28, 2006, 03:32:37 pm
Memphis won't get him but it would be fun to have him here.
I wouldn't wish living in Memphis on my worst enemy.  ;)
I'm kind of a big deal.

GrizzledHogFan

I'd like to see him go to Seattle.  I'd get to go down and watch him every once-in-a-while since it's only about 1 1/2-2 hrs away.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Porquemada

DunkIt

Ronnie won't go to the Bulls, because they already have 8000 guards, and no big men.  I think Ronnie might fit in very well in Houston, Orlando, Golden St. (as a backup to the aging BD), or Philly.  He will most likely go between 9-14. 

DunkIt

Quote from: 4-Teen on April 28, 2006, 06:20:15 pm
New Orleans

They just draft Chris Paul.  They don't need a pg. That is what Brewer will be in the NBA.

El Dog Hog

Quote from: Michael11 on April 28, 2006, 01:51:34 pm
Of course I want him to go to the most storied nba team of all time and play Scottie's role to the best player in the NBA= KOBE! Think about it He is the perfect Scottie Pippen for Kobe, unselfish, good defender, rebounder, and hey he is a good finisher!

I like your way of thinking. Other than we have Lamar Odem and he is more of a pippen player. What we need is that Ron Harper, Brian Scott tall PG that Phil is in love with. He is a great defender and can hit the wide open shot. That will put Smush coming off then bench. Ronnie would be a great laker and would win many championships, esp if the get KG, which could happen!

Cure

April 28, 2006, 06:44:39 pm #32 Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 06:51:18 pm by Cure
The Philadelphia 76ers..he's the perfect player for the 1or the 2 spot alongside Iverson..He'd get automatic playing time. :)
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Zen_Hog

Igoudala>Brewer

But anyways, I would love to see him play in Orlando, but they already have a defensive minded player in Deshawn Stevenson at SG, and the Magic will probably draft a shooter like Reddick. I see him going to a team like Minnesota, but I would think Minny had a bad record last year and is probably picking top 5. He definately won't go that high, but whoever gets him, he'll be a steal.

Cure

Mo Cheeks has expressed interest in drafting a versatile guard and Ronnie fits that mold perfectly, which would give us this lineup if they drafted Brewer:
1-Brewer/Iverson
2-Iverson
3-Iguodala/Korver
4-Webber/Hunter
5-Dalembert
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Zen_Hog

April 28, 2006, 07:21:01 pm #35 Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 07:23:56 pm by Dmac4Heisman
Quote from: Cure on April 28, 2006, 07:16:43 pm
Mo Cheeks has expressed interest in drafting a versatile guard and Ronnie fits that mold perfectly, which would give us this lineup if they drafted Brewer:
1-Brewer/Iverson
2-Iverson
3-Iguodala/Korver
4-Webber/Hunter
5-Dalembert

You're forgetting that the Sixers love the two guards John Salmons and WIllie Green. Plus they have the PG they drafted last year in Louis WIlliams out of high school still. They should go with a big man with the pick since either Iverson or Webber won't be in a sixer uniform next year. And I don't know if Ollie is playing next year or not.

1-Iverson?/Salmons/Ollie?/Williams
2-Iguodala/Green/Ollie?/Williams
3-Korver/Salmons
4-Webber?/FA?/Draft?
5-Dalembert/Hunter

El Dog Hog

Dont wish something like the 76ers on Ronnie. Any team that has Chris Webber I want to be as far away from as possible.

TIMEOUT!

hogfancb

WestMemphisHogFan

4th and 1

the Clippers, Sonics, or Knicks....I think I would like to see him on the west coast...I think he would fit in perfect in Seattle...as long as he stays west of the mississippi i'm fine...i dont like eastern ball.

HogRadioTMC

John Paxson and Pete Myers of the Bulls both LOVE Ronnie.  They both told me themselves.  At the KY game, Paxson said the Bulls would take him if he was on the board with their 2nd first round pick. 

With a ton of cap room and many "assets" to trade (picks and/or players), the Bulls have lots of options.  Certainly, they would trade a first rounder and a guy like Gordon or Deng to get a star player like Garnett, Jermaine O'Neal, etc.

The only untouchables on the Bulls seem to be Heinrich and Nocioni.  Yes, they need a guy like Ronnie because of his height and length.  All of the guards are small like Gordon and Duhon.

Quote from: DunkIt on April 28, 2006, 06:19:56 pm
Ronnie won't go to the Bulls, because they already have 8000 guards, and no big men.  I think Ronnie might fit in very well in Houston, Orlando, Golden St. (as a backup to the aging BD), or Philly.  He will most likely go between 9-14. 

three

Quote from: HogRadioTMC on April 29, 2006, 12:01:06 pm
John Paxson and Pete Myers of the Bulls both LOVE Ronnie.  They both told me themselves.  At the KY game, Paxson said the Bulls would take him if he was on the board with their 2nd first round pick. 

With a ton of cap room and many "assets" to trade (picks and/or players), the Bulls have lots of options.  Certainly, they would trade a first rounder and a guy like Gordon or Deng to get a star player like Garnett, Jermaine O'Neal, etc.

The only untouchables on the Bulls seem to be Heinrich and Nocioni.  Yes, they need a guy like Ronnie because of his height and length.  All of the guards are small like Gordon and Duhon.

Quote from: DunkIt on April 28, 2006, 06:19:56 pm
You do realize these guys lie through their teeth, right?  I'm not saying they were absolutely without a doubt lieing to you, but I am saying you can't weigh everything based on what these teams say.  Did you know Rudy Tomjanovich told ME that he would take Teddy Gipson in the second round if he was available.  An athletic, defensive guard you could convert into a solid NBA PG.  And, before that, Corliss Williamson was told by the Dallas Mavericks management that he would be taken by them if he was still available.  What happened?  They chose Cherokee Parks.....yes, the same Cherokee Parks Corliss flat out embarassed in the NC game in 94.

NBA, NFL, MLB teams tell people and kids what they think they want to hear, to ensure they'll have some options when they're pick rolls around.  Lots of people love Ronnie NOW, but what happens when the 54 college underclassmen, the 16 International underclassmen (22 years of age and younger), and the college seniors and International veterans already available start working out for these teams?

There are 70 underclassmen ALONE, not even counting the seniors and older International players already available.  There's roughly over 150 players that are of NBA caliber that teams have a chance to look at.  There are 60 picks.  I think Ronnie can have a great deal of success, and he's definitely in the top 60, but where he is in that top 60 is still up for debate, and where he actually ends up wont be decided until the end of June.  It's too difficult to predict, but if you asked me, I think Ronnie goes between 15 and 35.  He very well could slip, due solely to his shot, all the way down to early 2nd round (but I don't think that will really happen).

Hank351

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=82194376

Here is an interesting link I ran into the other day.  Had no clue something like this was going down for Ronnie.  Anyone's thoughts, comments, or has anyone even heard of this thing.  Its news to me, but kind of sounds interesting.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Hank351 on June 13, 2006, 07:59:47 pm
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=82194376

Here is an interesting link I ran into the other day.  Had no clue something like this was going down for Ronnie.  Anyone's thoughts, comments, or has anyone even heard of this thing.  Its news to me, but kind of sounds interesting.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,61054.0.html
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.