Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone worried about playing South Carolina?

Started by checkraiser88, March 04, 2018, 11:40:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

They didn't have the best season but they have a lot of good wins and Frank Martin is no slouch of a coach.

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Pinto

jgphillips3

We can lose to anybody but I like our chances against either of them on the neutral floor.

RacinRazorback

Should be good against either team. But this team has shown they can play down to any teams level and can play totally uninspired at times. I wish we had the double bye, should've had the double bye!

GuvHog

South Carolina isn't very deep and they have to play the day before against Ole Miss so I really like the Hogs chances of beating them.

The same goes for Ole Miss.

The game against Florida is a different matter.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hawg Red

I'm not worried about two teams that we were 3-0 against. If we lose, it will be a major letdown. As fans, we should be looking past bottom feeders and towards the next round. The team needs to be focused on their immediate opponent. The fans shouldn't be fretting over South Carolina or Ole Miss. My god.

HawgTrough

South Carolina will be desperate and dangerous. I don't see us beating Florida anyway.
WPS

ChicoHog

SCarolina has weak guard play and is one of the few teams that will possibly wilt under the pressure.  UF however loves it when we press so we need to play them halfcourt and back off Chiozza a little to prevent him from driving and kicking to 3 point shooter. 

Atlhogfan1

In Pomeroy's ratings, SC is 156 in adjusted offense.  I believe there are only 2 major conference teams worse.  No team this bad offensively should have much of a shot to beat us.  Playing their second game in two days, it shouldn't be too close.  Perhaps if our guards have trouble early finding the range shooting in a hockey arena and Martin can ugly it up, we'll win a grind it out horrible to watch game.  Kinda like that 60-49 win over UGa in the 2015 SECT. ::)
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hobhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 05, 2018, 08:23:12 am
I'm not worried about two teams that we were 3-0 against. If we lose, it will be a major letdown. As fans, we should be looking past bottom feeders and towards the next round. The team needs to be focused on their immediate opponent. The fans shouldn't be fretting over South Carolina or Ole Miss. My god.

Wow. What team have YOU been watching?

BannerMountainMan

in the SEC nobody should look past anybody, did you see South Carolina beating Auburn 40-16 in the first half the other night, I guarantee there is going to be some big upsets here in a week
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

in the SEC nobody should look past anybody, did you see South Carolina beating Auburn 40-16 in the first half the other night, I guarantee there is going to be some big upsets here in a week
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HawgWild

hoglady

I worry about anyone - in college basketball just about any team can beat any other team on any given day.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

nwahogfan1

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 04, 2018, 11:40:03 pm
They didn't have the best season but they have a lot of good wins and Frank Martin is no slouch of a coach.

I worry about every game because we usually do not win unless Barford and Macon score 40+ points. We just do not have many other scoring options unless Gafford gets several dunks.  I do not see that against SC.  They play very physical inside and usually in the Tournament officials allow teams to play more physical with more pushing and shoving than in the regular season.  I like Mike trying to get others involved but I just do not see it happening this year.   We may win but I am nervous.

Whether we win any games in the NCAAT will be determined by who we play.  We are not a very balanced scoring team and not very big or physical on the inside.  I see teams getting really tough on our two scorers doing every thing possible to make others beat them.  If they have a couple tough hard nosed defensive minded Guards then we are in trouble. 

HawgTrough

Quote from: hoglady on March 05, 2018, 09:18:30 am
I worry about anyone - in college basketball just about any team can beat any other team on any given day.

That may bode well for us if we get to play UF. We'll be lucky to tip by 9:00, 10:00 in Florida's time zone. Very long trip for the Gators as well
WPS

booogaga

I am worried about any team we play at this point. Which is confusing to me because I truly believe we have the talent to beat anyone. This whole season has been very frustrating. 
GO HOGS!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

If we were wanting to go deep in this tournament we were needing the 4 seed. Two games max is all I see us playing this year.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

OldTimeHawg

No easy wins in the tourney no matter what (besides Ole Piss they are just plain awful)  South Carolina will give us a fight, as this is their season on the line!  But if we are the team we say we are, we SHOULD win. 

I see us beating SCAR and then beating Florida...a 6 seed should be locked up with both of those wins!
HOGS = LIFE

Atlhogfan1

UK is probably the team to beat because they care because their fans care.   It's ego for them.  Mizzou will also because of it being in StL.  The winner of MSU-LSU could be dangerous as well to win 2-3 games.

Florida goes 6 deep.  No reason to want to play 3 games in 3 days and then have to travel to play in NCAAT.

AU 8 deep.  No reason to play 3 games in 3 days.

Tenn 7 deep.  Same thing.  This tourney is pointless for them except to wear them down and risk injury.  Maybe getting into the mindset of neutral court and lose and go home could serve some purpose.

Won't be surprising if none of the 3 make it to Sunday.

SC, Bama and UGa don't have enough depth and offense to win games in consecutive days. 

If we want to make a run, I think we will.  I do not care if we don't after winning the first game. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

I am not "worried" about any team that does not have strong guard play. Now, they might lose to team like that, but teams with strong guard play have a much better shot to beat the Hogs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HawgTrough

Quote from: OldTimeHawg on March 05, 2018, 09:56:46 am
No easy wins in the tourney no matter what (besides Ole Piss they are just plain awful)  South Carolina will give us a fight, as this is their season on the line!  But if we are the team we say we are, we SHOULD win. 

I see us beating SCAR and then beating Florida...a 6 seed should be locked up with both of those wins!
pretty sure Ole Miss recently won @ Mizzou.
WPS

RacinRazorback

Quote from: booogaga on March 05, 2018, 09:35:34 am
I am worried about any team we play at this point. Which is confusing to me because I truly believe we have the talent to beat anyone. This whole season has been very frustrating.

You hit the nail on the head! This team can for some reason be Jeckyl and Hyde! Can play with anyone and can also be beat by anyone. Definitely frustrating!

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: HawgTrough on March 05, 2018, 10:09:27 am
pretty sure Ole Miss recently won @ Mizzou.

Yes they did that's true.  I just think that is a fluke loss and after their effort vs. Kentucky it's pretty apparent that they are done.
HOGS = LIFE

HamHands

One day at a time.

lynbug

Yes I'm worried, but to be honest I would be a little worried about any team, the way this year has gone in the SEC.  However, SC has beaten Auburn, Florida and Kentucky so that proves they're capable to playing above their average.  Also, Martin seems good at motivating his players in March.

TNhawgfan

No, I'm not worried at all. Doesn't mean we'll beat them, but why would I worry about it? Now, if we had to win to make the Tournament, I'd be worried
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

GuvHog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 05, 2018, 09:05:55 am

Yes, I remember that. I also remember Auburn storming past South Carolina in the second half of the same game. How convenient of you to ignore that part.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Rawker

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 05, 2018, 09:30:09 am
I worry about every game because we usually do not win unless Barford and Macon score 40+ points. We just do not have many other scoring options unless Gafford gets several dunks.  I do not see that against SC.  They play very physical inside and usually in the Tournament officials allow teams to play more physical with more pushing and shoving than in the regular season.  I like Mike trying to get others involved but I just do not see it happening this year.   We may win but I am nervous.

Whether we win any games in the NCAAT will be determined by who we play.  We are not a very balanced scoring team and not very big or physical on the inside.  I see teams getting really tough on our two scorers doing every thing possible to make others beat them.  If they have a couple tough hard nosed defensive minded Guards then we are in trouble.

This.  Macon and Barford simply HAVE to be on in EVERY GAME or chances are weighted towards a loss.  Always scares me....I play a sport I was once ranked in the Top60 in the world, but because I wasn't Top 5 (in other words didn't have certain athletic tools to overcome deficiencies) I could lose to a completely unranked player if I was just cold.  Macon and/or Barford can get hemmed in by a packed in defense and just go cold, and we don't have enough scorers to pick up the slack.  If those two go cold in these games going forward, we lose.  Any team in the SEC or NCAAs can pack in the defense, and will just clamp down on those two and take their chances with the rest of the team, so if they're not hitting their 3s in that case.....we lose.  Also when that happens, AB will take it upon himself to save possessions single-handedly, which results in an often-lucky 5 points for him and 20+ points for the other team.

Hawg Red

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 05, 2018, 09:05:50 am

Again, the team should not look past anyone. As a fan, I'm not really concerned with two teams that match up very well with the Hogs and the team hasn't had much issue dispatching them in the 3 combined games they faced them in.

I'm looking past South Carolina and Ole Miss. If we lose to either, it will be a bad loss and I'll be concerned with our ability to win our opening round NCAA matchup. Until then, I'll defer to how this team played in the second half of conference play -- which tells me they will handle either of these teams and move on to the next round of the SECT.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hobhog on March 05, 2018, 09:04:54 am
Wow. What team have YOU been watching?

The only Razorback team there is to watch. The one that beat Ole Miss and SC by an average of 10 points on two different courts and matches up well with either team. The one that finished the regular season 6-2 and 2-1 on the road in that stretch. The one that will either play an Ole Miss team that has given up and lost its coach (lost 12 of 14 games) or an SC team that lost 6 games in a row in conference play. I get the concept that anyone can beat anyone. I get that the Hogs have looked shaky at times. I also get that we've done really well to the end the season and I don't see a reason to be fearful or concerned with these to rinky-dink teams. It's called having higher standards. Don't haters like you say that we should have that?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 05, 2018, 11:54:27 am
The only Razorback team there is to watch. The one that beat Ole Miss and SC by an average of 10 points on two different courts and matches up well with either team. The one that finished the regular season 6-2 and 2-1 on the road in that stretch. The one that will either play an Ole Miss team that has given up and lost its coach (lost 12 of 14 games) or an SC team that lost 6 games in a row in conference play. I get the concept that anyone can beat anyone. I get that the Hogs have looked shaky at times. I also get that we've done really well to the end the season and I don't see a reason to be fearful or concerned with these to rinky-dink teams. It's called having higher standards. Don't haters like you say that we should have that?
Is that your final answer ???

sickboy

Quote from: Pinto on March 05, 2018, 07:02:10 am
We're not good enough to overlook any team

Elite teams don't overlook anyone. Let's strive for that first and work our way out.

98hogs

Their point guard that looks like a rooster makes me feel that we will win.

hobhog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 05, 2018, 11:19:13 am
No, I'm not worried at all. Doesn't mean we'll beat them, but why would I worry about it? Now, if we had to win to make the Tournament, I'd be worried

Seeding, reputation, pride.....

Our fanbase used to care.

cram224

I question our bench. Jones, if he is alright, is the only scorer coming off the bench. Seems like at some point in the first half CMA will only have Beard in the game as the only starter. We struggle scoring with that line up. Thompson has developed a jump shot around the free throw line but that's about it for scoring.

GO

If we're not playing at home, I have my concerns

Letsroll1200

I'm more concerned about Ole Miss because of their guard play and we're selective when we play defense.

BoarEd

Not worried a bit. Arkansas is playing with house money right now. The SECt stacks up ridiculously tough for Arkansas. So whatever wins they get is just improving NCAAt seeding, as they aren't gonna win the title.

If we lose to South Carolina, so be it. Rest up for the NCAAt. Hopefully Jones is okay to go by then. And is ready.

Randohoggie

As the saying goes, worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Why bother?

BroyledNutts

TNhawgfan

Quote from: hobhog on March 05, 2018, 03:11:06 pm
Seeding, reputation, pride.....

I don't see us beating Florida, so whether we go home Thursday or Friday won't affect our seeding much at all
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol