Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fort Dweller

Toledo -14 3 units

Everything is telling me to take BGSU +6.  Just can't pull the trigger.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Fort Dweller on November 04, 2014, 01:03:35 pm
Toledo -14 3 units

Everything is telling me to take BGSU +6.  Just can't pull the trigger.

I'm on Toledo -13.5 for 4 units. Toledo averaging 35 points for, Kent St only 14. Toledo appears to have a very balanced attack and has some good wins. they've also scored on power 5 conference teams like Mizzou.

Also on Bowling Green ML +175 for 3 units.

Will do a small parlay with both as well, but taking the points on BG

SPAL

widespreadsooie

Lines I'm looking at, always like thoughts...

K St +6 @ TCU
OU -6 vs. BAY
GA So. -13 @ TX St.
AZ St. -2.5 vs. ND
LSU +6.5 vs. Bama
BC +3.5 vs. LOU

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Hit the Pens for a unit tonight. Haven't even looked at football lines yet this week.
Let's make some waves.

Actually that's not true. Did a quick glance yesterday around lunch. Unless something drastic happens Louisville may be my largest bet of the year.
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 04, 2014, 02:34:43 pm
I'm on Toledo -13.5 for 4 units. Toledo averaging 35 points for, Kent St only 14. Toledo appears to have a very balanced attack and has some good wins. they've also scored on power 5 conference teams like Mizzou.

Also on Bowling Green ML +175 for 3 units.

Will do a small parlay with both as well, but taking the points on BG

Toledo. what a frustrating game. Kent puts in a backup QB for the second half and the kid plays lights out. think he scored on his first 3 possessions to only lose by 10. 4 unit loss

Bowling Green- 3units @ +175 = +5.2 units

lost the small parlay, so up a unit on football for the night

thankfully, I trailed a certain gambler's hockey play :)

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 05, 2014, 08:18:27 am
Actually that's not true. Did a quick glance yesterday around lunch. Unless something drastic happens Louisville may be my largest bet of the year.

I am puzzled at that  line.. FSU hangover expected? WTH

widespreadsooie

What do you like about LOU in this spot?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 05, 2014, 09:13:27 am
I am puzzled at that  line.. FSU hangover expected? WTH

Keep in mind odd's makers automatically start the home team at a -3 or -4.  So the line would be -7 or bigger if Louisville was at home. 

ur

This is the only thing I found on it. I guess they think Louis. Def will be out of gas and can't handle BC's rushing game at them.
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/76707/acc-upset-watch-week-11-4?ex_cid=espnapi_public

widespreadsooie

I expect BC to give LOU's D some fits on the ground. BC's QB runs just as much as their backs and he's fast. It will be a unique attack to get a feel for after coming off an exhausting FSU offense to defend. I also think this line is inflated a bit in LOU's favor due to their national exposure last week giving FSU a great game they probably should have won while also having them down big early in the game. Public hammering the Cardinals early which I never like to be a part of, BC or no play for me but it is one of my favorite lines this week.

Went Buffalo tonight. 100.00 to win 160.00 hockey is here baby.

F the nbGAY!
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 05, 2014, 11:02:24 am
I expect BC to give LOU's D some fits on the ground. BC's QB runs just as much as their backs and he's fast. It will be a unique attack to get a feel for after coming off an exhausting FSU offense to defend. I also think this line is inflated a bit in LOU's favor due to their national exposure last week giving FSU a great game they probably should have won while also having them down big early in the game. Public hammering the Cardinals early which I never like to be a part of, BC or no play for
me but it is one of my favorite lines this week.

I'm contemplating 5 dimes on Da Ville! Will tie for my second largest bet of the year. Louisville wins by 20 plus
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 05, 2014, 05:02:48 pm
Went Buffalo tonight. 100.00 to win 160.00 hockey is here baby.

F the nbGAY!

HOld on, you talking about buffalo on the pucks or the football?  Because buffalo is playing tonight foobtall. Isn't buffalo sucking tit on the pucks?

onebadrubi

Nightly boredom play, all small. 

NBA
Philadelphia      +3
Boston            -2
New York        +4
Chicago           U 193
San Antonia     O 202
Memphis          +2
Utah               +5
Sacramento     O 202
Golden State   -4

Pucks:All ML's
Montreal
NY Rangers (I really wanted to go with Detroit here but tailed a guy)
Anaheim

yraciv

I'm on the Cavs tonight.  Sorry I've been quiet all, college football plays have gone south, and I've been dabbling with moderate success in the NBA.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 05, 2014, 05:04:38 pm
I'm contemplating 5 dimes on Da Ville! Will tie for my second largest bet of the year. Louisville wins by 20 plus

You might keep me from betting BC, why though? I'm only asking out of curiosity.

onebadrubi

I wish I understood hockey!  Montreal and buff are in OT but a tied game this weekend I was keeping up with went into a face off.  How do they determine the difference?  This is why I hate hockey and soccer.  Sports shouldn't have a tie!!!!

SPAL

I'm down right now, but I'm on ball st. Tonight +3. Busy at work and couldn't get it posted.

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 05, 2014, 05:45:13 pm
HOld on, you talking about buffalo on the pucks or the football?  Because buffalo is playing tonight foobtall. Isn't buffalo sucking tit on the pucks?

Pucks. Thought they were gonna pull it out.
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

I had a pretty good night all in all.  Of all my pick plays I lost what I thought to be my easiest W of them all with Anaheim.  If I woulda won that I would of had a very nice Wednesday. 

Just scanned across the games today.  Not sure I like much of any action tofay

widespreadsooie

I've made three plays so far:

GA So. -13
GA St. +7 (Troy isn't beating anyone by 7 points, this line is way off to me.)
K St. +6

Fort Dweller

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 06, 2014, 11:24:50 am
I've made three plays so far:

GA So. -13
GA St. +7 (Troy isn't beating anyone by 7 points, this line is way off to me.)
K St. +6

Ga. St.  has a pretty solid pass offense.  my numbers say Troy by 5, but I can't see them winning.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Fort Dweller

November 06, 2014, 11:43:50 am #8024 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:33:44 pm by Fort Dweller
Louisville -2.5
GASO -12.5
Ga. St. +7
Rice -9
FAU -3

FAU not FAI

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Fort Dweller on November 06, 2014, 11:40:28 am
Ga. St.  has a pretty solid pass offense.  my numbers say Troy by 5, but I can't see them winning.

Yep, I definitely say that GA St.'s offense is superior to Troy's and their defenses are equally terrible. I doubt Troy's home field "advantage" brings much heat either, I think it's a coin toss at who wins the game and can't imagine it being by a 7+ point margin either way.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 06, 2014, 11:44:58 am
Yep, I definitely say that GA St.'s offense is superior to Troy's and their defenses are equally terrible. I doubt Troy's home field "advantage" brings much heat either, I think it's a coin toss at who wins the game and can't imagine it being by a 7+ point margin either way.

Agreed

widespreadsooie

My guy isn't giving me a Duke line, probably smart.

SPAL

Hawgndaaz

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 06, 2014, 03:52:50 pm
teasing bengals to -1 and 39 OVER

I love that play! 

This game concerns me too much so I'm staying clear of it, i think.  Might hit the sauce before the game before hand though.  Cincy's D shows when it feels like it, run game is imporved but still questionable with Thug Hill, and you have AJ green back but Browns has the fastest possibly best secondary. 

If I had to bet I'd take your play plus bengals -7.  Bengals should win this game by 7 or more but I question Dalton and their D too much. 

onebadrubi

Ok, all small plays again. 

NBA:
Parlay Houston-4 and Portland -2
straight:
San Antonio/Houston O198
Dallas/Port O209
Port -2.5

NCAA:
Clemson -20
Over 42

NHL:
Boston PL -1.5 +145 (Largest bet of the night, still not very big though).
Florida/Philly U5.5
Philly -149
Pitt-140

NHL Parlay:
Boston and Kings

Going to add NFL too, not sure yet.  Probably take Hawgndazz tease and the back each one up individually.

Hawgndaaz

On Cleveland +7 / 1 unit
Under 45 / 1 unit

Parlay same way
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Finalized my card, let's hope for better results this week:

GA So. -13
GA St. +7
K St. +6
App St. -4.5
AZ St. -2.5

Dropkick

Was gonna bet Clemson but didn't realize how early it kicked. May have gotten lucky not getting it down.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 06, 2014, 05:24:03 pm
onebad what does PL -1.5 mean in hockey?

Puck line.  Basically saying someone will win by 2 or more (-1.5). 

widespreadsooie

And here it is folks...this is what I've had a hunch on along with someone else in this thread...Winston point shaving

http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=1716

Hawgndaaz

yeah word is creeping out. I have utmost confidence that jimbo fisher will handle it accordingly.

widespreadsooie

Fort Dweller

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 07, 2014, 08:18:50 am
And here it is folks...this is what I've had a hunch on along with someone else in this thread...Winston point shaving

http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=1716

Hmmm

onebadrubi

The kid is a walking idiot with amazing talent.  If he would have just held on for a year after last year, he would have been the number one pick and has the potential to be good in the NFL.  He is facing issues that would make the NFL leave him at the alter so to say. 

We are seeing Florida state's willingness to win.  The kid is making Auburn and some of there cost of winning issues look good. 

I'm showing -20.5 for them right now.  He may come out and really want to cover that now, but it might be difficult for him to do.  If this story wouldn't have come out I would have pounded Virginia at +21. 

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 07, 2014, 10:42:49 am
The kid is a walking idiot with amazing talent.  If he would have just held on for a year after last year, he would have been the number one pick and has the potential to be good in the NFL.  He is facing issues that would make the NFL leave him at the alter so to say. 

We are seeing Florida state's willingness to win.  The kid is making Auburn and some of there cost of winning issues look good. 

I'm showing -20.5 for them right now.  He may come out and really want to cover that now, but it might be difficult for him to do.  If this story wouldn't have come out I would have pounded Virginia at +21. 

why would he care? if cam newton got away with all the allegations, why would a kid with equal or greater talent give a rats arse?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 07, 2014, 10:52:28 am
why would he care? if cam newton got away with all the allegations, why would a kid with equal or greater talent give a rats arse?

Why would he (Winston?) care about what?  Care about how he's viewed?  Because this draft wil be about as much on the field as off the field because of all the domestic violence and peterson stuff.  A player with some merit to point shavings will get picked up right after Ray Rice in my opinion.  No NFL team wants that ANY where close to the locker room. 

Georgia -10 / dime play
Iowa PK / 5 units
Louisville -2.5 / 3 dimes
W Virginia -3 / 5 units
Notre Dame +3 / 5 units
Oregon -8 / 5 units
K-ST +6.5 / dime
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

onebadrubi

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 06, 2014, 04:57:46 pm
Ok, all small plays again. 

NBA:
Parlay Houston-4 and Portland -2.....W
straight:
San Antonio/Houston O198.............L
Dallas/Port O209...........................L
Port -2.5.....................................W

NCAA:
Clemson -20.................................L
Over 42........................................W

NHL:
Boston PL -1.5 +145 .......................W
Florida/Philly U5.5 ...........................W
Philly -149......................................W
Pitt-140.........................................W

NHL Parlay:
Boston and Kings.............................L (Shootout!!! damn)

Going to add NFL too, not sure yet.  Probably take Hawgndazz tease and the back each one up individually.

Added

Cinncy -6.................................L
O45.5......................................L
Teased aboves.........................L

+money on the night, but just needed the Kings to pull that win out to be buying a better handle this weekend

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 07, 2014, 11:48:54 am
Georgia -10 / dime play
Iowa PK / 5 units
Louisville -2.5 / 3 dimes
W Virginia -3 / 5 units
Notre Dame +3 / 5 units
Oregon -8 / 5 units
K-ST +6.5 / dime

curious about your big play on Georgia. they were slaughtered last week and didn't look like they gave any fricks once they got down.