Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HAHAHA MIZZOU

Started by HF#1, March 08, 2018, 04:42:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

revolution

The_Iceman

They win if they leave Michael Porter Jr. at home.

MPJ's stock is also falling due to that performance. Dumb move by him to play.

Hogz87

March 08, 2018, 04:51:06 pm #3 Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 05:21:29 pm by Hogz87
Quote from: The_Iceman on March 08, 2018, 04:48:16 pm

His stock shouldn't fall after playing his first game since November.  That's silly.

However, I thought it was a dumb decision by Mizzou to throw him into the lineup for team chemistry reasons.  MPJ is a supremely talented/gifted player, but Mizzou has figured out how to play without him and now you're throwing in a superstar/headliner caliber player at the most important time of the season which means you have to COMPLETELY overhaul how you play to cater to MPJ's talent.

Dumb move.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: Hogz87 on March 08, 2018, 04:51:06 pm
His stock shouldn't fall after playing his first game in since November.  That's silly.

However, I thought it was a dumb decision by Mizzou to throw him into the lineup for team chemistry reasons.  MPJ is a supremely talented/gifted player, but Mizzou has figured out how to play without him and now you're throwing in a superstar/headliner caliber player at the most important time of the season which means you have to COMPLETELY overhaul how you play to cater to MPJ's talent.

Dumb move.

All of this

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Dr. Starcs

Well they said he'd get them 20.

Got halfway there. Lmao

Dr. Starcs

sickboy

Yeah, shouldn't have thrown him in like that. Stupid move. I wonder if it was coach's decision or power play for the kid to NBA face time in a tourney game.

If Gafford was hurt in the first game and worked all season to come back and could play for us tonight, I wonder how many on here would think it would be stupid for him to do so?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 08, 2018, 04:58:24 pm
We haven't won yet.  ;)
im confused where in this thread is Arkansas has already won, we are making fun of Mizzou because when is that a bad thing!! Our own fans make fun of us if we lose to Mizzou
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hogz87

Quote from: Karma on March 08, 2018, 05:07:07 pm
If Gafford was hurt in the first game and worked all season to come back and could play for us tonight, I wonder how many on here would think it would be stupid for him to do so?
I should clarify my stance.

I absolutely think you play MPJ today if you're Mizzou.  If he's ready to go and his season was ruined two minutes in and then he worked hard all season to be ready to return by season's end, then you absolutely play the kid.

However, I can say with confidence that I think it was a chemistry disaster waiting to happen and I think a lot of people could've predicted this.

micali

Thought it was magnificent!  Loved it. If they MP they will get bounced in the first round of the dance.

#1 STUNNA

crazy that we couldnt beat them scrubs last week. They were absolutely atrocious today.

code red

Ahhhj no.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Karma on March 08, 2018, 05:07:07 pm
agreed. Actually a smart move by Mizzou. They will get the benefit of the doubt the bracket by bringing him back on Sunday.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

k.c.hawg

Quit being ridiculous. That would have essentially left them with a 6 man rotation and they were in foul trouble most of the game. The coach knows his big has fouled out 9 times and finished 9 other games with 4 fouls. Puryear has a propensity for foul trouble as well. They lost that game because Barnett who goes for 14 and 6 had 3 and 4 and Robertson who is 16.5 had 7. If Tilmon had stayed out of foul trouble MPJ would have played 6th man minutes. Tilmon fouled out in 17 minutes, Puryear fouled out in 10 minutes, and little Porter was limited in minutes by fouls. Who the hell would have played if he had been left at home.

They played a guy 9 minutes that had played 28 minutes all year and you say the coach lost the game by playing MPJ??
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

sickboy

Quote from: k.c.hawg on March 08, 2018, 05:55:06 pm
Quit being ridiculous.

This is jump ball, man. Ain't no takin' the ridiculous outta jump ball.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: code red on March 08, 2018, 05:38:15 pm
agreed. Actually a smart move by Mizzou. They will get the benefit of the doubt the bracket by bringing him back on Sunday.

Huh? They are already in. You can't tell me they improved their seeding with a loss to Georgia just because he played. If anything he showed he doesn't add a lot of value at this point. 5/17 is no bueno.

mizzouman

We got beat, beat bad physically.  GA played well.

thebignasty

Quote from: k.c.hawg on March 08, 2018, 05:55:06 pm
Quit being ridiculous. That would have essentially left them with a 6 man rotation and they were in foul trouble most of the game. The coach knows his big has fouled out 9 times and finished 9 other games with 4 fouls. Puryear has a propensity for foul trouble as well. They lost that game because Barnett who goes for 14 and 6 had 3 and 4 and Robertson who is 16.5 had 7. If Tilmon had stayed out of foul trouble MPJ would have played 6th man minutes. Tilmon fouled out in 17 minutes, Puryear fouled out in 10 minutes, and little Porter was limited in minutes by fouls. Who the hell would have played if he had been left at home.

They played a guy 9 minutes that had played 28 minutes all year and you say the coach lost the game by playing MPJ??

lol crazy, could have told me they didn't foul much and I'd have believed it after we played them.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

latrops

I don't think it was a poor decision to play him.  They are thought to be securely in the NCAAT so there is not much to lose by letting him shake off the rust now.  The mistake IMO was letting him play such a prominent role in his first game back.  Twenty three minutes and 17 shots were too much given that he was struggling a bit.

Ultimately, any real chance Mizzou has of making a run to the Sweet 16 or beyond depends on MPJ being a significant contributor if not star.  Knowing that...you have to get him some minutes if he is willing and able.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 08, 2018, 05:26:05 pm
crazy that we couldnt beat them scrubs last week. They were absolutely atrocious today.
I already covered this last week.
Missouri always plays lights out against Arkansas, for whatever reason. Football, basketball, tiddly-winks, etc
Against anyone else? Who knows what they're going to do.

This just proves my point.

Top 3 teams I hate playing as an Arkansas fan, in no particular order: Missouri, Ok St, Memphis.

hawgball40

they can't win without the homecooking. sorry mizzouman but that wasn't a fair game in columbia and the entire country knew it.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 08, 2018, 06:29:59 pm
Huh? They are already in. You can't tell me they improved their seeding with a loss to Georgia just because he played. If anything he showed he doesn't add a lot of value at this point. 5/17 is no bueno.

Right?? Barford has had like 4 such games down the stretch so I guess we should sit him tonight.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 08, 2018, 05:16:33 pm
im confused where in this thread is Arkansas has already won, we are making fun of Mizzou because when is that a bad thing!! Our own fans make fun of us if we lose to Mizzou

Why are you confused? I'm saying we haven't beaten SC yet. I'm not going to make fun of Missouri losing in their first SEC tourney game until we've won one. Especially if we can't beat USC(east).

PonderinHog

Quote from: latrops on March 08, 2018, 07:04:01 pm
I don't think it was a poor decision to play him.  They are thought to be securely in the NCAAT so there is not much to lose by letting him shake off the rust now.  The mistake IMO was letting him play such a prominent role in his first game back.  Twenty three minutes and 17 shots were too much given that he was struggling a bit.

Ultimately, any real chance Mizzou has of making a run to the Sweet 16 or beyond depends on MPJ being a significant contributor if not star.  Knowing that...you have to get him some minutes if he is willing and able.
He at least got the first layer of rust knocked off.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: sickboy on March 08, 2018, 06:21:23 pm
This is jump ball, man. Ain't no takin' the ridiculous outta jump ball.

Ain't that the truth? Jump ball needs to become more like Extra Innings....Civilized & rational discussions.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 08, 2018, 08:01:10 pm
He at least got the first layer of rust knocked off.

True. No doubt the kid is good. However the constant "MPJ love" the announcers expressed today was a bit over the top.

PonderinHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 08, 2018, 08:02:28 pm
Ain't that the truth? Jump ball needs to become more like Extra Innings....Civilized & rational discussions.
Baseball and basketball.  Apples and aardvarks.   Two different levels of intensity and it carries over to the fans.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 08, 2018, 08:06:07 pm
Baseball and basketball.  Apples and aardvarks.   Two different levels of intensity and it carries over to the fans.

You are a wise man...Ponderin'

BTW...didn't you pitch in Legion ball at Stewart Park?

PonderinHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 08, 2018, 08:07:16 pm
You are a wise man...Ponderin'

BTW...didn't you pitch in Legion ball at Stewart Park?
A time or two, yes.   ;D  I didn't hit you, did I ???

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 08, 2018, 08:10:36 pm
A time or two, yes.   ;D

I remember watching..."I love the smell of deep woods off in the morning".

hawkhawg

I would have played him. 

sickboy

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 08, 2018, 08:06:07 pm

Apples and aardvarks. That's good. I'm using that. Credit to you.

ShadowHawg

Is it true Georgia fans made a poop swastika in the Missouri locker room?

hawgball40

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 08, 2018, 10:58:17 pm
Is it true Georgia fans made a poop swastika in the Missouri locker room?
+1

Dr. Starcs

Waiting for TheOtherColumbia to come out of his safe place since he was so readily available Saturday night.

greasy_corner

Quote from: mizzouman on March 08, 2018, 06:41:36 pm

Your little guy cost you the game.  Don't disrespect the men on the AR team that earned it all year with your talk of Porter Jr being the "best player on the court" bull again.

hogfanny

conzo is dum, but recruits familys. probly bi

HogFoo

if mizz wins people say the coach was smart to put him in...  mizz loses and folks say it messed up chemistry putting him in.  cuz he wasn't exactly on fire.  his shots were short.  his legs weren't back..  etc..   if I'm the coach and you have a player like him, I probably play him now. he undoubtedly is gone next year anyways.  they have a record good enough last I looked to make the ncaa.   so, why not play the kid if he says he can give some mins?   they almost won.  kid did get about 10pts.  or so, so wasn't a really bad perf. after not playing in so long.   him playing this game may help them in the real post season if they make it to the dance. who knows.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: greasy_corner on March 08, 2018, 11:10:53 pm
Your little guy cost you the game.  Don't disrespect the men on the AR team that earned it all year with your talk of Porter Jr being the "best player on the court" bull again.

99toLife

Quote from: mizzouman on March 08, 2018, 06:41:36 pm

When two of Mizzou's starters Fouled out in a TOTAL of 17 minutes of play and JP ended with 4 fouls you probably aren't going to win. Add to that you shoot 34% from the field. They still had the last shot to win the game, that alone is amazing.

AirWarren