Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pickled Okra

Started by DeltaBoy, October 23, 2014, 09:12:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Found these in the store back in August and they are great!   Add a single pod of hot pepper to the jar and wait 2 weeks and it adds some heat to it.

http://www.talkotexas.com/products.html

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Wow no one else like crunchy Okra?????
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

HogCard

Love me some pickled okra.

DeltaBoy

Mom made me 12 quarts . I'll pick them up when we visit at Thanksgiving.

pigture perfect

PIckled Okra doesn't last long enough around my house to even get a bite. My 2 daughters will eat the fruit and then polish off the juice.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

This time next week I will be hitting the Ark state line and coming home for Thanksgiving. I am pumped about getting that homemade pickled ORKA!

DeltaBoy

OPPS Mom made me 12 Pints.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Still enjoying that Pickled Okra!

HawgWild

I'll drop one in a Bloody Mary if I've got some on hand. I prefer the hot ones.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HogCard on October 28, 2014, 09:24:07 pm
Love me some pickled okra.

As long as it isn't from tejas............ 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 09, 2015, 02:16:39 pm
As long as it isn't from tejas............ 

My homemade ones are from Monroe County Arkansas.  The Talk of Texas brand is quite good also.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 11, 2015, 12:51:58 pm
My homemade ones are from Monroe County Arkansas.  The Talk of Texas brand is quite good also.

Just kidding. I have some tejas ones in the fridge....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LSUFan

It's spelled Okrees  >:(
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Inhogswetrust

May 16, 2015, 01:28:14 pm #15 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:21:13 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: LSUFan on May 15, 2015, 06:26:25 pm
It's spelled Okrees  >:(

Only in cajunese...................

DeltaBoy

LSUFan

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LSUFan on May 18, 2015, 03:25:37 pm
OH KREES BOY!  >:(

;)

It all GOOD EATING REGARDLESS of how you spell it or say it.

LSUFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 19, 2015, 02:18:16 pm
It all GOOD EATING REGARDLESS of how you spell it or say it.
Nothin like a mess of my grandmas fried okra, fresh from her garden.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LSUFan on May 19, 2015, 02:40:02 pm

I love my Grandma's fresh fried OKRA too.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LSUFan on May 19, 2015, 02:40:02 pm

So can it really be called fresh after you fry it?

LSUFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 19, 2015, 06:47:16 pm
fresh from  >:(

PharmacistHog

Why heck yeah than can be. Just like a mess of crappie is " fresh" when they go from floppin' to fried in a ten minute time span. Theres not many things I can think of that are better than that.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PharmacistHog on May 20, 2015, 07:06:46 am
Why heck yeah than can be. Just like a mess of crappie is " fresh" when they go from floppin' to fried in a ten minute time span. Theres not many things I can think of that are better than that.

One of my favorite eats.....................but not the most favorite............................. ;)

DeltaBoy

If I understand LSUFAN to him and me Fresh means we picked it between 6-10 am and it hot and on the plate at 12 noon for lunch.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 21, 2015, 10:30:26 am
If I understand LSUFAN to him and me Fresh means we picked it between 6-10 am and it hot and on the plate at 12 noon for lunch.

I didn't know LSU fans could tell time...........................

LSUFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 01, 2015, 04:50:17 pm
I didn't know LSU fans could tell time...........................
That's mostly Leslie with the time management issues.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2015, 11:13:56 pm
That's mostly Leslie with the time management issues.

Great reply! HAHAHA! That's what happens when you eat grass instead of smoking it I guess..........

LSUFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 02, 2015, 08:07:10 am
Great reply! HAHAHA! That's what happens when you eat grass instead of smoking it I guess..........
Don't get me started, we hate that mofo down here.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

I got some more on my July visit and I been eatting them but the single pepper set up did not make them as hot as I like.

DeltaBoy

Parents came to Homecoming and brought me 12 more pints this past weekend.

DeltaBoy

I still eating a pint a month unless I get the jar into the Living room on Sat and I will eat a whole pint in a Sat afternoon of College Football.

DeltaBoy

I sent one I found on the Backswoods Magazine.

DeltaBoy

Due to my Diet restrictions I having to limit myself to one pint a Month instead of one pint per a week.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: I hate Migraines.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 04, 2016, 09:51:51 am
Due to my Diet restrictions I having to limit myself to one pint a Month instead of one pint per a week.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: I hate Migraines.
Please explain how the two relate?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 04, 2016, 04:47:54 pm

High sodium intake can cause blood pressure to go up and increase migraines.  Or so my NP wife says. That could be it.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2016, 08:32:02 pm
High sodium intake can cause blood pressure to go up and increase migraines.  Or so my NP wife says. That could be it.
That makes a lot of sense.  I knew there was a reason, because I have heard it before, just couldn't remember.  Thanks

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 04, 2016, 04:47:54 pm

Pickling salts has a high level of nitrates and ingesting too much can trigger migraines.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 05, 2016, 09:12:55 am
Pickling salts has a high level of nitrates and ingesting too much can trigger migraines.
That sucks.  I love all things pickled.  Insert your jokes here.---->  {     }

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 05, 2016, 09:30:30 am

Yep cutting way back on any thing Pickled , smoked meats and cheeses is a real PIA!

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 05, 2016, 09:12:55 am

That too.

LSUFan

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 05, 2016, 09:30:30 am
Quail eggs and pig foots

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: LSUFan on February 08, 2016, 02:12:02 pm
Quail eggs and pig foots
I have pickled eggs in my fridge right now.

DeltaBoy

Yep having to watch my SALT and now Nitrates is a PAIN!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 08, 2016, 03:32:31 pm
I have pickled eggs in my fridge right now.

God I bet your farts smell rancid.

LSUFan

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 12, 2016, 01:54:00 pm
God I bet your farts smell rancid.
The smell makes my mouth water...

DeltaBoy

I shared some and been just eating a pint per a month.  Love these things.