Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are things changing?

Started by TulsaHogFan, August 18, 2005, 08:15:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHogFan

Ok i have spent the past few hours perusing Rivals.com and have come away pretty pleased.

I have to eat crow for a second and say i recently posted a comment about how i was not impressed in recruiting due to the fact that a large percentage of our recruits are never looked at by larger schools.  I now can say i am singing a different tune.

I first perused our OL prospects.  We have some serious competition with these guys. LSU, Miami, FL, Georgia, Tennessee.  These guys we are after almost all have larger schools after them.

Has this been the trend?  Some of the guys who follow this closer can attest to whether this happened last year?  I don't remember seeing this many prospects with large schools after them.  I remember a lot of prospects being recruited by lower and middle tier D-I schools.  Some being recruited by D-II schools.

I am very pleased to see interest levels on some of the higher ranked players in their position and hope that MM's commitment will help some of these, especially the OL players.  The trenches are where games are won and lost. 

Defense i could care less about, i know Herring is only going to go after players he wants and knows will succeed, so if they have an offer, they are caliber players.  Lol. 

Just wanted to post that here and get some feedback from people who are more involved than i am.