Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kudos to an Arkansas native (non-Razorback)

Started by Scubahog, November 11, 2012, 10:57:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scubahog

Kenneth Dixon (Strong, AR) set three NCAA records last night.  Dixon set the single-season records for touchdowns, rushing touchdowns (24) and total points (150) by a freshman.  Dixon plays for Louisiana Tech.

Before you flame away, here were his stats from Louisiana Tech's 2 point loss to Texas A&M and we all know who they beat last night.

Rushing--19 attempts/111 yds/5.8 avg/2 TD
Receiving--1 reception/2 yds   

davispard

trashcan maN

Weird we never went after him..would he have been academically eligible for SEC play?

pigture perfect

Quote from: kj0N on November 11, 2012, 11:57:27 am
Weird we never went after him..would he have been academically eligible for SEC play?
Pretty sure he was. Bobby wasn't interested in Running backs at the time. He was more interested in Mattress backs.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jchill

Quote from: Scubahog on November 11, 2012, 10:57:52 am
Kenneth Dixon (Strong, AR) set three NCAA records last night.  Dixon set the single-season records for touchdowns, rushing touchdowns (24) and total points (150) by a freshman.  Dixon plays for Louisiana Tech.

Before you flame away, here were his stats from Louisiana Tech's 2 point loss to Texas A&M and we all know who they beat last night.

That's great! When I was growing up, Strong was known more for basketball. It is nice seeing guys from Southern Arkansas having success.

shshark00

Quote from: Scubahog on November 11, 2012, 10:57:52 am

Congrats to him. There's been some contention about him and whether we (or any other BCS conference school) should have recruited him better. But before you try to prevent the flame by spinning him one way, let's also show he is human and is allowed to have bad games too.

vs. New Mexico State - 20 carries 69 yards

Professor Pig

Yes, Dykes -- much like Petrino -- has a keen eye for offensive talent.

ReversePart34

1,000 yds and 25 TDs..that's pretty impressive no matter the conference when you're a true freshman. He still has three games left as well. People down here were shocked that we didn't go after him hard.

Scubahog

Quote from: shshark00 on November 11, 2012, 08:08:03 pm
Congrats to him. There's been some contention about him and whether we (or any other BCS conference school) should have recruited him better. But before you try to prevent the flame by spinning him one way, let's also show he is human and is allowed to have bad games too.

Never said he wasn't human.  Most Hogville posters automatically discredit accomplishments by players at smaller, non-BCS, schools, because "they don't compete in the SEC".  I was just showing that he has competed against an SEC school, and not one of the bottom tier teams, and put up solid numbers. Arkansas, as a team, had 39 rushing attempts and a net 142 yds against A&M.

BigE_23

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 11, 2012, 12:04:24 pm
Pretty sure he was. Bobby wasn't interested in Running backs at the time. He was more interested in Mattress backs.

hogsanity

Quote from: Scubahog on November 13, 2012, 09:39:19 am
Never said he wasn't human.  Most Hogville posters automatically discredit accomplishments by players at smaller, non-BCS, schools, because "they don't compete in the SEC".  I was just showing that he has competed against an SEC school, and not one of the bottom tier teams, and put up solid numbers. Arkansas, as a team, had 39 rushing attempts and a net 142 yds against A&M.

I dont discredit the accomplishment, I question if you can translate it to playing at a SEC school. 

Some kid at some d2 school threw in one game for 9 or 10 td's this year too, but I doubt any BCS conf school is crying because they "missed" on him. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: shshark00 on November 11, 2012, 08:08:03 pm

what in the hell is wrong with 3.4 yards a carry. Doesn't 3 carries equal a 1st down?

HighClassJunkie

This guy is most definately a BEAST.

Bob missed on this one.

southarkhog06

Quote from: jchill on November 11, 2012, 07:42:40 pm
That's great! When I was growing up, Strong was known more for basketball. It is nice seeing guys from Southern Arkansas having success.
it will be nice when ark actually recruits south of lr

FarmingtonFan

Cobbler

November 13, 2012, 10:51:46 am #15 Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:53:25 am by Cobbler
Quote from: southarkhog06 on November 13, 2012, 10:21:08 am

Since 2008, we've signed kids from the following towns that are south of Little Rock:

Bearden
White Hall
Malvern
Junction City
Stamps
West Helena
Warren
Texarkana
Camden

And that doesn't include players like Davyon McKinney or AJ Turner who came from the east side of the state.

dwcherr

I wish he was here too but i think his success might have a little bit to do with the system he is playing in.

Their QB, a ** with 0 other D1 offers is 5th in the nation in passing. 71% completion rate, 27 TDs and 0 interceptions.

http://tennessee.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?sport=1&player=414810

nwarazfan

Jonathan Williams looks like he will be a good RB at Arkansas.

RockyTopVolMan

wouldn't he have a better offensive line in the SEC too?

25 TDs is impressive, no matter the school. 
Rocky top, you'll always be, home sweet home to me, good ole rocky top, rocky top Tennessee!!

Go Blue Devils

nwarazfan

Quote from: RockyTopVolMan on November 13, 2012, 01:34:56 pm
wouldn't he have a better offensive line in the SEC too?

25 TDs is impressive, no matter the school. 

Not at some programs right now.

ReversePart34

He won't be the first player the Hogs have missed out on from south Arkansas. I can think of a couple of NFL starting D-Lineman and some safeties that we missed out on from down here. 

nwarazfan

When Dixon committed to Tech, we had a commitment already from Roberts and were trying to get Williams which is obviously a good decision considering how Williams has played.  Pursing Dixon and getting a commitment could have likely meant not getting Williams. 

average fan

Quote from: southarkhog06 on November 13, 2012, 10:21:08 am
Or anywhere else in the state.