Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC home opener win

Started by flippinhogmana, March 23, 2018, 07:49:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

March 23, 2018, 07:49:44 pm Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:05:46 pm by flippinhogmana
Haff throws a complete game for her fourteenth win (14-2).  3-1 hogs.

Buczek with the biggest hit, a two run triple.  Krzysko also got two of the hits although she didnt have any rbis.
Bugarin also with a hit and an RBI.  All the hog runs can in the bottom of the second.
Missouri scored in the top half of the 3rd.
Both teams had four hits.
Kayla Green threw out another run for her SEC leading 10th cut down trying to steal, and hit the ball hard twice (thats good to see)
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

March 23, 2018, 07:52:57 pm #1 Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:06:30 pm by flippinhogmana
Hogs now 1-3 in league play and MU is 1-6, hogs no longer in the basement.  with the win they moved up over Ole Miss and Mizzou.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

March 23, 2018, 08:19:47 pm #2 Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:32:35 pm by psycHOGlogist
And Ole Miss is getting clobbered tonight by Alabama - they are really struggling. EDIT - it got a good bit worse after I posted that, and Bama pulls off the 13-1 run rule win. Bama also doesn't have their ace this weekend, as Osorio is out on concussion protocol after getting drilled in the head last weekend (it was pretty scary, but she'll be okay).

A bit lucky tonight for us. Sydney Parr's hot shot up the middle, that their "infielder" (who was actually a shifted over outfielder) booted not only was a gift from the fielder, but she also could/should have been called out because her foot was obviously partly out of the batter's box when she hit the ball. That's a no-no this year, and she's had a problem with it so far this year, but the ump didn't see it. (Yay!)

Great to see Haff battle it out to get her first SEC win. Mizzou's pitching goes fairly downhill from tonight's starter, Norman, so I hope we take game 2 and the series tomorrow!! WPS!

flippinhogmana

we had some breaks for a change - for example the runner that Green was given credit for cutting down, didn't look like she was out.  But then the second base ump liked to call them out.  He called Krzysko out once when she wasn't too.

psycHOGlogist

budweiser35

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 23, 2018, 08:19:47 pm
And Ole Miss is getting clobbered tonight by Alabama - they are really struggling. EDIT - it got a good bit worse after I posted that, and Bama pulls off the 13-1 run rule win. Bama also doesn't have their ace this weekend, as Osorio is out on concussion protocol after getting drilled in the head last weekend (it was pretty scary, but she'll be okay).

A bit lucky tonight for us. Sydney Parr's hot shot up the middle, that their "infielder" (who was actually a shifted over outfielder) booted not only was a gift from the fielder, but she also could/should have been called out because her foot was obviously partly out of the batter's box when she hit the ball. That's a no-no this year, and she's had a problem with it so far this year, but the ump didn't see it. (Yay!)

Great to see Haff battle it out to get her first SEC win. Mizzou's pitching goes fairly downhill from tonight's starter, Norman, so I hope we take game 2 and the series tomorrow!! WPS!

maybe those  out of the box calls will even out then because she's been called out a couple times when she clearly wasn't out of the box...the triple a few games ago for instance....umps are clearly getting this call wrong about as often or more so then they are getting it right...being called at a high rate....right or wrong....hate that they are focusing here when could also be focusing on all the "technically" illegal pitchers...didn't get to see yesterday's game....hopefully another win today

flippinhogmana

the pitcher that MU used last night didnt appear to be their number one starter although from the stats she appears to be the best pitcher they have.  Their number one starter is getting shelled most of the time.  If they go with her today, I expect our bats to finally break out in the SEC.