Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After a few days to reflect, read posts and hear call in shows it seems obvious.

Started by hobhog, March 21, 2018, 12:26:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 23, 2018, 08:59:04 pm
Just one simple question. You still didn't answer. I thought it was about trophies.

And you did not read the original thread.  But I will play. I would be anderson's biggest fan if in 15 years he was in the elite eight 4 times, another sweet sixteen without one trophy.

But that is not happening now is it
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 23, 2018, 09:06:35 pm
Still waiting for you to champion diversity on the basketball team.

Diversity! I have no issue with the diversity on the baseball or basketball teams. It's about interest and access. It's that simple.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Kevin on March 23, 2018, 09:13:00 pm
And you did not read the original thread.  But I will play. I would be anderson's biggest fan if in 15 years he was in the elite eight 4 times, another sweet sixteen without one trophy.

But that is not happening now is it

I'm not going to get into this. Not going to win you but I will say the best players aren't forced to play college baseball.

Kevin

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 23, 2018, 09:18:33 pm
I'm not going to get into this. Not going to win you but I will say the best players aren't forced to play college baseball.

Welcome to the ignore list.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 23, 2018, 09:04:02 pm
Two things: Letsroll1200 is a troll.  He says stupid darn for a reaction.

And y'all need to understand, CMA ain't going nowhere.  He is the "make-up call" for Nolan.  He will retire here, no matter how mediocre he continues to be, because Nolan wasn't allowed to.

Nolan was free to retire.  He chose not to and then got himself fired.

hobhog

GuvHog

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on March 23, 2018, 10:22:43 pm
Nolan was free to retire.  He chose not to and then got himself fired.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Before his last season began, Nolan was asked to retire at the end of that season which would've allowed him to coach that last season and receive the accolades he deserved. He flatly refused to do so and was later fired by John White.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: GuvHog on March 24, 2018, 07:02:45 am
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Before his last season began, Nolan was asked to retire at the end of that season which would've allowed him to coach that last season and receive the accolades he deserved. He flatly refused to do so and was later fired by John White.

Retire for what. He was only 61 or 62 years old. Coack K is 70 and still coaching. There was no reason for that administration to micro manage Nolan.
Arkansas had a good team returning and a lottery pick coming in. A solid starting 5 and good role players coming off the bench.

Andre Iguodala
JJ Sullinger
Blake Eddins
Carl Baker
D. Gomez

J Modica - So underrated
Good size off the bench- Lane and Satchell
long players - Micael Jones, J. Berry, R. Sullivan, B. Tobias.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 24, 2018, 09:12:12 am
Retire for what. He was only 61 or 62 years old. Coack K is 70 and still coaching. There was no reason for that administration to micro manage Nolan.
Arkansas had a good team returning and a lottery pick coming in. A solid starting 5 and good role players coming off the bench.

Andre Iguodala
JJ Sullinger
Blake Eddins
Carl Baker
D. Gomez

J Modica - So underrated
Good size off the bench- Lane and Satchell
long players - Micael Jones, J. Berry, R. Sullivan, B. Tobias.

You think that was a good team?   LOL

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

JonClaudeVanHam

Personally this is about all I expected from Anderson after about year 3. I'm also happy to let him coach here until he retires in 6 or 7 years and walk away from an established program that could be extremely attractive to a plethora of great coaches.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

steveaustin69

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 24, 2018, 07:26:23 pm
Personally this is about all I expected from Anderson after about year 3. I'm also happy to let him coach here until he retires in 6 or 7 years and walk away from an established program that could be extremely attractive to a plethora of great coaches.

Are you kidding me? Jesus Christ.

toxichog

Quote from: hobhog on March 21, 2018, 12:26:32 am
MA will have next year and his young recruits to save his job. He may do it as all he needs to do is dance again in year 8. But if not it will be the first and most important hire of our young ADs career.

On to baseball and spring football......

So you came up with this conclusion from reading posts and listening to call in shows............brilliant.......

nwahogfan1

Quote from: systemroot on March 21, 2018, 10:18:42 am
Which is beyond stupid. Exactly which top notch coach is Arkansas going to get? Mike Anderson has had progression during his time here and losing one of his top players to the draft should not put Mike at fault. He has some solid recruits coming in and he can still go get another big man for the next year as well.

Arkansas fans needs to stop putting the cart before the horse.

What is your bar for success for Mike or any coach at Arkansas in his 8th year?

Torqued pork

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 24, 2018, 07:26:23 pm
Low T much?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: MakingPlays on March 22, 2018, 10:42:08 pm
I'm actually a lot more in touch than you are, you don't know me.   Mike Anderson will be the coach here for the foreseeable future.  For that to change something would have to horribly go wrong.  But, by all means carry on.  You know more than me clearly.  I'm not even going to say anything else.  It's pointless to try to have a civil conversation with some of you.

I agree that Mike is probable not in trouble right now but will AD Yurachek raise the bar with Mike? Or ask for him to change some coaches? Or ask him to do anything different?  Would you if you were our AD?

hobhog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 25, 2018, 09:19:07 am
I agree that Mike is probable not in trouble right now but will AD Yurachek raise the bar with Mike? Or ask for him to change some coaches? Or ask him to do anything different?  Would you if you were our AD?

ADs should never tell a coach who should be on his staff- it never ends well. But he can certainly tell him what his expectations are and hopefully that's to be a factor in March every year.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 25, 2018, 09:19:07 am

Yurachek should just remind Anderson that he's not Nolan Richardson and never will be and he needs to quietly shift attention away from all the reminders of a past he can never hope to equal.  Do that and avoid raising expectations too much to avoid the yo-yo affect on the fan base and he can creep along without getting himself fired so long as his teams are just competitive enough to keep the folks running the SEC Network satisfied with the product they are selling for the conference as a whole.  Essentially given he can't draw a lot of good publicity to the program the next best thing is to not draw negative attention.  Essentially the best Mike Anderson can really do is to be so mediocre no one pays any attention good or bad to Arkansas Basketball.

That's not to far from what Yurachek may see as his own job description for the whole department.

hobhog

Quote from: toxichog on March 25, 2018, 08:50:31 am
So you came up with this conclusion from reading posts and listening to call in shows............brilliant.......

Been pretty consistently bitter in all medias. That can be telling and AD hears it.

hobhog

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on March 25, 2018, 11:51:15 am
Yurachek should just remind Anderson that he's not Nolan Richardson and never will be and he needs to quietly shift attention away from all the reminders of a past he can never hope to equal.  Do that and avoid raising expectations too much to avoid the yo-yo affect on the fan base and he can creep along without getting himself fired so long as his teams are just competitive enough to keep the folks running the SEC Network satisfied with the product they are selling for the conference as a whole.  Essentially given he can't draw a lot of good publicity to the program the next best thing is to not draw negative attention.  Essentially the best Mike Anderson can really do is to be so mediocre no one pays any attention good or bad to Arkansas Basketball.

That's not to far from what Yurachek may see as his own job description for the whole department.

That would be a real shame and would/should get an AD in hot water. Thank gawd that attitude hasn't been the case wth our fanbase historically.

#1 STUNNA

lol... so many people think we are the program of the 90s... we arent..lol...

okrazorback

Quote from: cityhog on March 23, 2018, 11:03:06 am
This one statement, consistently repeated, makes me want to go postal. If ever there was the 'poor little Arkansas' attitude, this one statement sums it up perfectly.

And for the record, I don't know the answer to the question, but just because you don't know the answer, doesn't mean you don't try to find out at some point.

They can get whoever they want if they come up with the money.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: okrazorback on March 25, 2018, 12:56:07 pm
They can get whoever they want if they come up with the money.

Yes they could but that would require taking a risk the new coach could fail in spectacular fashion.  Keeping a mediocre Mike Anderson is a safer choice for now.

hobhog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 25, 2018, 12:36:59 pm

Lol. That's the problem. Lol....

Atlhogfan1

No darn.  It isn't funny. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 26, 2018, 09:05:01 am
No darn.  It isn't funny. 

What really is not funny is that so many think Mike Anderson will remake this program into what it was in the 90's. He's barely made it what it was in 2000's.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE