Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some positives

Started by lynbug, January 20, 2018, 05:19:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

1.  We won!
2.  Haven't checked stats but it appeared Gafford got more touches today.
3.  C. J. seems to be warming up.
4.  Hall may be a diamond in the rough.
5.  Cook actually had several good plays.
6.  Some players stayed on the bench...where they belong.
7.  And, last but not least, Macon responded well to coming off the bench.

forrest city joe

Quote from: lynbug on January 20, 2018, 05:19:42 pm
1.  We won!
+1000.Big thing is the Hogs won. that's all i care about.

SSFrazorback

Hall is starting to look comfortable and making this team better.

JRHoward

Was good to see Hall plAy strong, great to see Jones hit some shots.  Still exasperating to see plAyers cutting towards the hole while a guard pounds the bAll into the court.... Even more so exasperating watching all the long passes cross court over and over.... Attack! Please attack the basket.  Yes Gafford played tough and strong today!
Woooo Pig!

HiggiePiggy

Now the negative.   Not doing enough driving to the basket when we are up double digits and still jacking up terrible 3 point shots allowing the other team to erase a lead instead of getting into foul trouble.   When we were up 12 at halftime the talk should have been attack attack and attack sone more.  Force them to foul and take.  I don't mind wide open 3s, but when we have a good lead we need to be attacking and causing them to foul us. 

Stupid turnovers less than 2 mins in the game when we are up 2 scores.  No need to try and do a long pass when you get a steal with less than 2 mins and the lead just to turn it back over to them. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Rbill

It also appeared to me that players were looking to get Gafford the ball more. It wasn't usually our senior guards looking though. A couple of times I was watching thinking "Gafford is open throw it to him." But he's invisible to the guards when they're dribbling outside he arc. Macon shoots a 3 or Beard shoots a 3. Once Macon looked him off open, passed to Beard, Beard looks him off, then Bailey gets the ball and lobs to Gafford immediately. This truly needs to be our first instinct. When a guard dribbles down and shoots a 3 without making a single pass it's just boom or bust like our team. With an inside game we can bank on more consistent success and even get better looks at 3.

BannerMountainMan

Houston whooped Witchita St today, Chris Beard got outcoached on the road against a bad Iowa st team by 20.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

bkjbearcat

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 20, 2018, 08:31:57 pm
Houston whooped Witchita St today, Chris Beard got outcoached on the road against a bad Iowa st team by 20.

So what???? What does WSU or Tech have to do with MA sucking eggs?
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

GuvHog

Gotta give credit where it's due. Barford was totally exhausted late in the game but he wouldn't quit. He's a gutsy player.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 20, 2018, 08:34:01 pm
So what???? What does WSU or Tech have to do with MA sucking eggs?
because we said it was a horrible loss to lose to Houston and Wichita st got killed also and people been saying how good of a coach Beard is he just got killed on the road to a bad team.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

bkjbearcat

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 20, 2018, 08:37:12 pm
because we said it was a horrible loss to lose to Houston and Wichita st got killed also and people been saying how good of a coach Beard is he just got killed on the road to a bad team.

I don't care about Houston, WSU or Beard. What I care about is MA being a mediocre HC. Which he is.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

razorpimp

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 20, 2018, 08:31:57 pm

Oklahoma who we beat got beat by a bad OSU team that might come into the Bud and beat the Hogs....

UAGolfer1981

Quote from: lynbug on January 20, 2018, 05:19:42 pm
1.  We won!

More movement and touches on the offensive end.  Plus clutch free-throws at the end to secure the win.

BadHog

Hitting 9/10 of free throws got us this win.

But there are posters who will continue to berate MA. On and on we go....
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

lynbug

Quote from: BadHog on January 20, 2018, 09:36:59 pm
Hitting 9/10 of free throws got us this win.

But there are posters who will continue to berate MA. On and on we go....
You are right.  I forgot to mention free throws.  Take those away and....