Previous topic - Next topic

WOOPIGDOOIE

That trick play before the half was ran in 2012 by Clemson when CCM was the OC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqJqaqFiwds

311Hog

AirWarren

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: AP85 on February 05, 2018, 02:26:09 pm
Isn't the eagles coach an old high school coach?
Sure was, in Louisiana. I've heard that pretty much every school in Texas runs that play. They either call it "Clemson" or "Chad"

mevskithog

He was the coach at Calvary Baptist in Shreveport LA.

Pork Ranger

One of their players, Erntz??, was said on the news this morning that they stole it from the Bears

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Pork Ranger on February 05, 2018, 02:35:05 pm
One of their players, Erntz??, was said on the news this morning that they stole it from the Bears

From Dowell Loggains, who called it Clemson Special.

"There's been several different variations of that play that we've seen people run," Philadelphia offensive coordinator Frank Reich told the Chicago Sun Times. "We were in particular copying the Bears' version of it."

The Bears' version came from the playbook of Dowell Loggains, the former Arkansas quarterback who was Chicago's offensive coordinator from 2016-17 and now is coordinator for the Miami Dolphins.

Loggains called the play "Clemson Special," believed to be because of its similarity to a play the Tigers ran during a 2012 game against Georgia Tech - a two-point conversion in which quarterback Tajh Boyd motioned right and running back Andre Ellington took a direct snap before flipping the ball to receiver DeAndre Hopkins, who threw to Boyd in the end zone.

Busta_Nutt

New England also successfully ran the play a few years ago, oddly enough against the Eagles.

mckinneyhog5

The "Play" was illegal. Ref should have called an illegal formation because they didn't have 7 on the line.
Edit:Philly didn't have 7 on the line. Clemson's play was legal.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

311Hog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on February 05, 2018, 03:38:44 pm
The "Play" was illegal. Ref should have called an illegal formation because they didn't have 7 on the line.
Edit:Philly didn't have 7 on the line. Clemson's play was legal.

ref was fooled to by the QB motion.  You are right though in that he was just a hair to far back from the LoS.  Shoulda been PI on the Hail Mary but lots of things don't get called in the SB hehe.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: 311Hog on February 05, 2018, 03:42:14 pm
ref was fooled to by the QB motion.  You are right though in that he was just a hair to far back from the LoS.  Shoulda been PI on the Hail Mary but lots of things don't get called in the SB hehe.
Like the Eagles TD in the back of end zone. His foot of out when he gained control.

311Hog

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 05, 2018, 03:46:18 pm
Like the Eagles TD in the back of end zone. His foot of out when he gained control.

On that one i think he got that foot in sure there was nothing between his shoe and the white but when it "pulled up" as he rolled over it looked like to me like black astro turf like bits flew up and the white didnt move.

There was that random whistle on a Pats WR that was being held up on the sideline the Eagles ripped that ball out right before the whistle blew and the guy stepped out. I am real surprised they didn't review that but probably because the whistle blew it dead.

jgphillips3

They also didn't call PI against New England multiple times that they could have or should have.  It was nice though to see a game where the refs weren't the center of attention.

AirWarren

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 05, 2018, 02:28:06 pm
Sure was, in Louisiana. I've heard that pretty much every school in Texas runs that play. They either call it "Clemson" or "Chad"

That's hilarious. I told my wife every high school in Arkansas will be running that play next year. I fully expect to see those lumberjacks try it out.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: 311Hog on February 05, 2018, 03:42:14 pm
Also, the blatant helmet to helmet on B.Cooks. Really have no explanation why a flag wasn't thrown.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on February 05, 2018, 03:52:18 pm
Also, the blatant helmet to helmet on B.Cooks. Really have no explanation why a flag wasn't thrown.
There was an explanation. He had transitioned to bring a runner and was not defenseless at the time of the hit

EastexHawg

SoonerBaHog

Cool play but it isn't new.  We ran this play in 9th grade back in the day in Oklahoma.

311Hog

i will add you gotta have some brass ones to call that play on 4th and 1 in the super bowl.  That fails it is game over.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

There's dozens of football plays out there that basically is some coach trying to hit the defense where they ain't.  Coaches that do not have superior talent and power at near every position realize if winning is the reason for playing that surprise plays are a huge factor in ending up with more points than the competition at games end.  As you can see even NFL caliber players can be confused and out of position if you just make some effort to do so.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Pork Ranger on February 05, 2018, 02:35:05 pm

correct and the Bears stole it from CCM

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 05, 2018, 04:03:59 pm
There was an explanation. He had transitioned to bring a runner and was not defenseless at the time of the hit
Nope,I disagree. if he had a lost the ball it would've been called an incomplete pass. Refs did let them play but by doing that they went against the rules followed all year and  many plays after that.

factchecker

We ran the same play vs. Mississippi State in 2015:

Skip to 5:24

GIF version:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bash

February 05, 2018, 10:24:01 pm #25 Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:34:35 pm by Bash
Nonsense.  Everybody stole it from La Petite.  I was the first to run that route when I was 2 years old.  Dang Huggies fell off as I was crossing the goal line.  The sticky strap on the side of the diaper got stuck to my big toe and I face planted as the ball was in the air in the end zone. 

There I lay.  Grass up my nose, dirt in my mouth, and diaperless.

Let's give credit where credit is due.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on February 05, 2018, 09:14:23 pm
Nope,I disagree. if he had a lost the ball it would've been called an incomplete pass. Refs did let them play but by doing that they went against the rules followed all year and  many plays after that.
You're a [CENSORED] i n g idiot. He took about 15 steps after the catch.

bennyl08

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on February 05, 2018, 09:14:23 pm

What??? Just watched the replay of the Cooks hit and he took something like 20 steps from the time he caught the ball to the hit. They weren't stumble steps either. Zero controversy over that.

For the back of the endzone eagles td, he had the ball secured with that first step. I never saw any semblance of it being uncontrolled. However, let's assume I'm blind and he didn't have control until the second step. That third step, you can see the black pellets going up into the air as that third step drags down to the ground.

For the TE catch going into the endzone, HUGE difference between that play at the James play with the Steelers, or the Dez play vs GB several years ago. Ertz wasn't falling. He caught the pass fully upright and balanced. Ran, and then dove for the endzone. Jesse James had to twist his body and jump to catch it and was falling as part of that catch. Same for Dez.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Bash on February 05, 2018, 10:24:01 pm
Nonsense.  Everybody stole it from La Petite.  I was the first to run that route when I was 2 years old.  Dang Huggies fell off as I was crossing the goal line.  The sticky strap on the side of the diaper got stuck to my big toe and I face planted as the ball was in the air in the end zone. 

There I lay.  Grass up my nose, dirt in my mouth, and diaperless.

Let's give credit where credit is due.

and I'll bet your diaper was full of SHIZA.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"