Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss best recruiters in college football apparently

Started by hollywood hog, November 12, 2015, 02:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling  6h6 hours ago
From @CourtneyRCronin, two Ole Miss commits and two targets made the Rivals Top 100: http://on.thec-l.com/1NFYQ1V

QuoteThree Mississippians were listed on the Rivals100 rankings released on Monday morning.

Oxford wide receiver D.K. Metcalf is the highest rated Mississippi prospect at No. 24. The Ole Miss commit was listed at the same spot the last time the top-100 rankings for the class of 2016 were updated in August.

Germantown cornerback Nigel Knott and Noxubee County defensive end Jeffery Simmons also made the list in August and showed up again in December. Knott, who is considering Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama and Oregon, among others, dropped one spot to No. 26. Simmons, who is No. 1 in The Clarion-Ledger's Targeted 22, moved from No. 56 to 62. The four-star defensive end led the Tigers to their second consecutive state championship on Saturday with 3.5 sacks for a loss of 38 yards, four quarterback hurries and four tackles.

Outside of the three Mississippi products, Ole Miss quarterback commit Shea Patterson remained in the top 5 at No. 3 after debuting in August at No. 1. Five-star defensive tackles Rashan Gary and Dexter Lawrence are listed at No. 1 and No. 2 ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Yancy Porter ‏@YancyPorter  6h6 hours ago Hattiesburg, MS
Shea Patterson has not had a home visit with anyone but OM and the only one scheduled until the dead period starts Monday is OM on Thursday.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 21h21 hours ago

A.J. Brown told @CourtneyRCronin about Ole Miss, Mississippi State coaches meeting outside his house. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2015/12/09/4-star-receiver-j-brown-weighing-sec-options/77028196/ ...

QuoteHATTIESBURG - A.J. Brown's recruitment reopened following Starkville's 27-7 win over Petal in the MHSAA Class 6A championship.

The next nine weeks until National Signing Day could be a whirlwind for one of the hottest prospects in the country, and trying to narrow down where he's headed among a list of SEC powers and other big-name Division I programs isn't easy.

"I'm kind of nervous," Brown said. "(I'm) talking to my coaches about it. I'm kind of nervous about choosing a school. I don't want to make the wrong choice."

Five of the top 10 players in Mississippi's class of 2016 (according to the 247Sports rankings) are uncommitted.

Prior to joining his teammates in Hattiesburg, Brown hosted Mississippi State and Ole Miss for in-home visits this past Sunday.

"It was kind of funny trying to get Mississippi State out of the house before Ole Miss came," he said. "They almost ran into each other. Both of them are pretty much saying the same thing about what I can do as a freshman. It's pretty much mine. I just have to work for it."

Even with the quarterback position up for grabs at Mississippi State following Dak Prescott's departure, Brown is still weighing the Bulldogs as a serious contender.

"Nick Fitzgerald is a great quarterback," he said. "I believe he can get me the ball if I decide to go there. They're saying I can come in and probably play as a true freshman, but that's up to me."

Ole Miss is able to pitch Brown's future as a potential NFL draft pick. With Laquon Treadwell all but gone for the league, Brown could follow in some big footsteps.

Alabama has an in-home visit scheduled with Brown on Sunday. Despite a pull from in-state programs, the Crimson Tide is still very much in the picture.

"Alabama is Alabama," he said...

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 28s28 seconds ago

Courtney Cronin Retweeted Myles Hartsfield

Myles Hartsfield has committed to Ole Miss. Story coming.

Myles Hartsfield
‏@_Lil_Smooth

#HottyToddy #LandShark

Was a 5.4-rated ATH in '15 class from NJ. Played for East Coast Prep this season.

010HogFan

#1 OT Greg Little. Just committed...how are they doing thi$?  :puke:

Wildhog

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 16, 2015, 12:10:38 pm
#2 rated defensive player in the nation, Greg Little. Just committed...how are they doing thi$?  :puke:

Are you talking about Greg Little?  He's the no. 1 offensive tackle in the country.

And yes... vomit.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

010HogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2015, 12:12:35 pm
Are you talking about Greg Little?  He's the no. 1 offensive tackle in the country.

And yes... vomit.

yep! my mistake. gonna edit my original post. Makes even less sense now that I see he's an O-lineman

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 20s20 seconds ago

Quick story: Ole Miss lands its biggest commitment in 2016 from 5-star OT Greg Little http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2015/12/16/5-star-ot-greg-little-commits-ole-miss/77424246/ ...

TNhawgfan

You can say whatever you want about Freeze and his coaches' coaching ability, but it's obvious they are awesome recruiters that these young men love. Are they doing something dirty? Maybe, but it's only cheating if you get caught
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Wildhog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 16, 2015, 12:16:35 pm
You can say whatever you want about Freeze and his coaches' coaching ability, but it's obvious they are awesome recruiters that these young men love. Are they doing something dirty? Maybe, but it's only cheating if you get caught

At some point all that talent is going to overcome their coaching deficiencies.  Kind of like what is happening at Clemson this year.
1909/1964/1965/1977

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2015, 12:17:56 pm
At some point all that talent is going to overcome their coaching deficiencies.  Kind of like what is happening at Clemson this year.
Biggest difference is Ole Miss isn't in the ACC
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

010HogFan

All that money can buy recruits, but it can't seem to buy a win against us.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 16, 2015, 12:21:39 pm

it bought auburn a natioinal championship. ..and ole miss is playing in the sugar bowl.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

WooPig90

He never even took an official visit there...$$$$$$$

3kgthog

I'd still take their results over ours.

Wildhog

Yeah, but back-to-back 9-win regular seasons must be nice.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 03, 2015, 04:15:47 pm
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4642113-gregory-little-2016-recruiting-class-offensive-tackle-5-star-get-to-know-texas-am-commitment

"It's simple, according to Little. It'll be a smooth transition to the next level, and he loves it. "I like the offense because it's the same offense we run in high school, the spread, and the spread is more simple, more like my playing style," Little told Sporting News. "I'm athletic, I get downfield and get to the next level. In the pro-style you run the ball quite a few times, but in the spread you don't run it as much. I think there is some preservation of your body in (the spread) offense, too."

Doesn't seem like a fit for Bama.  Looks like the type of lineman perfect for OM and short yardage running failures.

I guess we will have this Greg Little conversation a few times before signing day.  Freeze's offensive system is appealing to some kids as this is what they are used to playing especially those from Texas.  His comments were from when he was an A&M commitment which we know A&M is a very similar offensive philosophy. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

010HogFan

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 16, 2015, 12:23:49 pm

Exactly. and it's not like he lives down the street, he's from Allen, Texas...you HAVE to think something weird is going on.

ricepig

Wow, look at the money he gave up there?? Maybe he's getting Tunsil's rental?

010HogFan

If Devin White suddenly decides to go there, that's when you'll know.

Wildhog

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 16, 2015, 12:28:22 pm
If Devin White suddenly decides to go there, that's when you'll know.

That's when we'll know what?  That they're paying recruits?  It's already known.  It is fact.
1909/1964/1965/1977

010HogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2015, 12:29:26 pm
That's when we'll know what?  That they're paying recruits?  It's already known.  It is fact.

#TheNetwork

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on December 16, 2015, 12:23:21 pm
it bought auburn a natioinal championship. ..and ole miss is playing in the sugar bowl.
coulda been us. we would be there at 8-4 if Miss St doesn't screw us twice by blocking our winning FG and darn -ing the bed against ole pissy.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 16, 2015, 12:41:01 pm
coulda been us. we would be there at 8-4 if Miss St doesn't screw us twice by blocking our winning FG and darn -ing the bed against ole pissy.

We would have been in the Sugar Bowl?

Kid isn't our type of player. We don't need any pansies on the OLine. We need mean dudes.

snoop hawgy hawg

Wasn't mctelvin agim whipping this kids ass during 1 on 1 at all the camps???

sickboy

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on December 16, 2015, 12:51:07 pm

I don't know about all the camps, but Agim worked Little pretty good at one camp. Was making him look slow.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: sickboy on December 16, 2015, 12:53:21 pm
I don't know about all the camps, but Agim worked Little pretty good at one camp. Was making him look slow.
That's the thing, even with a great LT we have the DE to get by him!

I absolutely HATE OLE PISS. CHEAT MUTHACROOKERS
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on December 16, 2015, 12:51:07 pm
was 5-0 against him at the Nike combine, I believe.

Wildhog

Agim is a monster.  Biggest commit we've gotten in a while.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2015, 12:58:17 pm
Agim is a monster.  Biggest commit we've gotten in a while.
concur
my list began with #1 Agim
then White Whaley and Fulton. The fact the we have commits or are in the top 2 on them all is amazing.

KevinOMReb

Hugh is the man.  As is Kiffin and Luke. Isn't over either, as we're expected to get Deontay Anderson, Shyiem Carter, Drake Davis and Jeffrey Simmons.  His best class ever.  Add to that we're in the top 3 for Rashan Gary and Mique Juarez. 

Doesn't look good though for Devin White.  He's likely Arkansas, maybe LSU.  Great player.  Congrats.  We also really wanted Bolles, as he's one of the few JUCO lineman ready to step in and start.  He's a hard Hog lean as well.  Good catch.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

KevinOMReb

He's been on campus 3 times, once with family. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

KevinOMReb

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 16, 2015, 01:03:08 pm
53-52

Yes, my toughest loss as a Rebel, and to my homestate team.  But it worked out just fine in the long run.  Good year for both.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

ricepig

KevinOMReb

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2015, 01:06:09 pm

On a 4th and 25, too.......

That wasn't even the play that steamed me.  No facemask, no two point.  Had him tackled easy, but Allen tucked his head at just the wrong time.  Oh well.  Had that facemask not occured, and had OM beaten Florida in Atlanta, it could have knocked Bama from the top 4, and we'd be in Orlando rather than New Orleans.  So it is what it is, and I'm looking forward to kicking some OSU rear.

You'll kill KSU.  Not even close.
KevinOMReb
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

PonderinHog

ricepig

southarkhog06

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 16, 2015, 01:00:11 pm
Hugh is the man.  As is Kiffin and Luke. Isn't over either, as we're expected to get Deontay Anderson, Shyiem Carter, Drake Davis and Jeffrey Simmons.  His best class ever.  Add to that we're in the top 3 for Rashan Gary and Mique Juarez. 

Doesn't look good though for Devin White.  He's likely Arkansas, maybe LSU.  Great player.  Congrats.  We also really wanted Bolles, as he's one of the few JUCO lineman ready to step in and start.  He's a hard Hog lean as well.  Good catch.
well his runners and their little brown baggies certainly are.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 16, 2015, 01:11:01 pm
Incidental facemask = cherry on top.

It was the correct call for sure.  I was in the opposite EZ and had to watch it on the Jumbo.  Saw it and the flag immediately.  Told the two ladies screaming in front of me to stop celebrating as we're going to do it all over again.....
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

grayhawg

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 16, 2015, 01:10:31 pm
That wasn't even the play that steamed me.  No facemask, no two point.  Had him tackled easy, but Allen tucked his head at just the wrong time.  Oh well.  Had that facemask not occured, and had OM beaten Florida in Atlanta, it could have knocked Bama from the top 4, and we'd be in Orlando rather than New Orleans.  So it is what it is, and I'm looking forward to kicking some OSU rear.

You'll kill KSU.  Not even close.
KevinOMReb
Yeah Enos taught Allen how to stick his facemask between a defenders thumb and fingers.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: southarkhog06 on December 16, 2015, 01:12:15 pm
well his runners and their little brown baggies certainly are.

If there was cheating going on, especially with the NCAA all over town with the Tunsil loaner car thing, it would have come out.  That's all I hear from the State people too (talk about a sorry class they're putting together...).  But it's dangerous to just blame "brown bags and couriers" when your opposition is outworking most in the conference.  They have this down to a science.  Bert is a fine coach, but he needs to surround himself with great recruiters and with a staff that stays together. 

By the time the ink is dry, Arkansas will have a fine class as well.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

southarkhog06

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2015, 01:12:07 pm
Pretty sure Hugh said he didn't mean to do it.
I mean if you dont "mean" to break the rules the ref should just swallow the whistle. thats just common logic man.

greenie

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 16, 2015, 01:16:16 pm
If there was cheating going on, especially with the NCAA all over town with the Tunsil loaner car thing, it would have come out.  That's all I hear from the State people too (talk about a sorry class they're putting together...).  But it's dangerous to just blame "brown bags and couriers" when your opposition is outworking most in the conference.  They have this down to a science.  Bret is a fine coach, but he needs to surround himself with great recruiters and with a staff that stays together. 

Look, it's okay to come on our board and gloat a bit about your recruiting success, but don't come on here to take shots at our coach and staff or patronize our recruiting.  We'll do about as well as we always do in recruiting, and our coaches won't have to explain why any of our players are jumping out of hotel windows.

Go Hogs.

RME

Quote from: greenie on December 16, 2015, 01:30:29 pm
Look, it's okay to come on our board and gloat a bit about your recruiting success, but don't come on here to take shots at our coach and staff or patronize our recruiting.  We'll do about as well as we always do in recruiting, and our coaches won't have to explain why any of our players are jumping out of hotel windows.

Go Hogs.

He was being chased!!!!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 16, 2015, 01:16:16 pm
If there was cheating going on, especially with the NCAA all over town with the Tunsil loaner car thing, it would have come out.  That's all I hear from the State people too (talk about a sorry class they're putting together...).  But it's dangerous to just blame "brown bags and couriers" when your opposition is outworking most in the conference.  They have this down to a science.  Bret is a fine coach, but he needs to surround himself with great recruiters and with a staff that stays together. 

Hey dude was your brain on auto-pilot when you typed this? ;D

Wildhog

Uh, impermissible benefits were proven to have occurred with Tunsil.  Again, it is fact.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 16, 2015, 01:34:07 pm
Hey dude was your brain on auto-pilot when you typed this? ;D

No dude, the fact that Tunsil had a loaner car doesn't reflect any other shady business.  Ole Miss is all on the up and up.  Except that whole Tunsil thing, but that's just one guy... :puke:

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 16, 2015, 12:16:35 pm

This can't be real life because, from what I've read on Hogville, I thought everybody else got Pittman's leftovers.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

presidenthog

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 16, 2015, 01:37:10 pm
No dude, the fact that Tunsil had a loaner car doesn't reflect any other shady business.  Ole Miss is all on the up and up.  Except that whole Tunsil thing, but that's just one guy... :puke:
and the 2 brothers who can't quit the potpourri.