Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty Outlaw

Started by -Blu, May 12, 2015, 09:30:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Was/Is one of our targets this Spring.  His recruitment has been very quiet the past couple of weeks, and now seems to be getting a little weird.

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 9m9 minutes ago
Conflicting Ty Outlaw info. HS coaches sourced as committed to Virginia Tech. Coach Marcus King of Lee C. says not yet per @JucoRecruiting

What makes this even more odd is V-Tech is full on scholarships, they have no spots available.  On top of that they are loaded at the 2/3 position, I don't see any playing time available for him there.  They got 4, 4 stars, that are all 6'5 that play the 2/3 spot like Outlaw.

Danny J

Something fishy going on there.....

klp1

That has been "walked back ".... His juco coach says he has not committed

hoofer

Buzz Williams is a damn good coach. I love Mike but he was originally #1 on my wishlist.

-Blu

Quote from: Danny J on May 12, 2015, 09:35:26 pm
Something fishy going on there.....

I'm thinking maybe Buzz told Outlaw someone would be transferring and it would be a spot for him and he went and told his high school coach and they went and told the media before they were suppose to.

Regardless, seems like a bad spot for a JUCO guy of his caliber to go.  They are log jammed at his position and they are younger and rated higher than he is.  If I'm a JUCO I'm going to a place I can play immediately.

Danny J

Quote from: hoofer on May 12, 2015, 09:40:58 pm
Buzz Williams is a damn good coach. I love Mike but he was originally #1 on my wishlist.
He and CMA are equal in my book in both abilities and accomplishments. I wouldn't mind him being our coach but with all things being equal I prefer CMA but I understand where you are coming from.

King Kong

https://virginiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1765867

Article on the situation. Seems they will be keeping it quite until Outlaw signs

Hawg Red

Quote from: Danny J on May 12, 2015, 10:09:35 pm
He and CMA are equal in my book in both abilities and accomplishments. I wouldn't mind him being our coach but with all things being equal I prefer CMA but I understand where you are coming from.

My #1 reason for wanting Buzz Williams to replace Pelphrey was his recruiting roots in Texas. I thought Arkansas (or Oklahoma, which was also open at the time) would be a perfect job for him. He can coach and recruit, but he seemed out-of-place at Marquette. Put him at Arkansas, and I think he would have taken his career to the next level. Then again, he did reel off 2 Sweet 16s and an Elite 8 in the time since Pelphrey was fired. Would kill to have a stretch like that here. Not sure Anderson can do that in consecutive years, but to be fair, I'm not sure Buzz can do it again. Virginia Tech was an odd move, even if he did want out at Marquette.

Scott7703

I would be thrilled if we could add this kid.

King Kong

Quote from: Scott7703 on May 19, 2015, 12:36:22 pm

I agree. I like his game

King Kong

I think we are still in play for this kid

Hogberry Snortcake

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: King Kong on May 21, 2015, 02:06:45 pm
I think we are still in play for this kid
What makes you say this?

The_Iceman

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 21, 2015, 03:15:18 pm
What makes you say this?

I'm wondering the same thing. There has been no connection between us and him in a long time.

Hawg Red

TheRazorbackGuy

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 21, 2015, 03:33:15 pm
Wishful thinking.

Maybe, I heard we are in his top 3 with Va Tech and a Big 12 school.

Clearly, unless he visits it may not be anything more than wishful thinking.

-Blu

Quote from: King Kong on May 21, 2015, 07:28:16 pm
Maybe, I heard we are in his top 3 with Va Tech and a Big 12 school.

Where did you hear that at?

King Kong

Quote from: -Blu on May 21, 2015, 07:32:22 pm
Where did you hear that at?

A currently unemployed Asst. formerly of C-USA school that used a lot of Juco's and knows Coach King.

Got nothing more than that.

-Blu

Quote from: King Kong on May 22, 2015, 10:13:59 am
A currently unemployed Asst. formerly of C-USA school that used a lot of Juco's and knows Coach King.

Got nothing more than that.

I seen some guy tweet that he visited Kentucky a couple weeks ago.  I don't think anybody ever figured out if committed to V-Tech or not, I do know V-Tech would need to get rid of someone to make room for him though.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Scott7703 on May 19, 2015, 12:36:22 pm
# 2 SF in the country. Yes, please.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

King Kong

Quote from: -Blu on May 22, 2015, 11:11:47 am
I seen some guy tweet that he visited Kentucky a couple weeks ago.  I don't think anybody ever figured out if committed to V-Tech or not, I do know V-Tech would need to get rid of someone to make room for him though.

This guy didn't mention UK. But I'm sure if they want in they can get in.

jry04