Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

yes we do

Started by holman24, April 27, 2015, 01:48:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

holman24

LAHogfan123

Hell Yeah!  Don't introduce your kids to those inside boxes of anykind unless they hold shells in them or lures.

kodiakisland

I didn't mind my kids playing games growing up in moderation.  Even though my son liked playing video games, he was always ready to go with me to do whatever outdoor activity of the day.  Hunting, fishing, boating, hiking, etc.  My daughter wasn't into games, but loves the outdoors as well.  The key is not being a deadbeat Dad like so many are and spend time with your kids.  They will do the stuff that matters if you give them the opportunity.  I have tried my hardest to never say no to my kids when they ask me to take them hunting, fishing, etc.

My daughter loves to hunt and has a friend who likes to hunt as well.  Her Dad hardly ever takes her and tells her his time hunting is his time away from family.  I can't imagine being a bigger loser than that.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: kodiakisland on May 19, 2015, 07:35:30 pm

My daughter loves to hunt and has a friend who likes to hunt as well.  Her Dad hardly ever takes her and tells her his time hunting is his time away from family.  I can't imagine being a bigger loser than that.
That's really sad.

Perfectly normal to enjoy time away from the fam, but to use it as an excuse to never take your kids and freakin tell em about it? No Bueno.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

pigture perfect

I wish I could still take my kids fishing more. They grow up so quick.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Rzbakfromwaybak

I didn't mind my kids playing games growing up in moderation.  Even though my son liked playing video games, he was always ready to go with me to do whatever outdoor activity of the day.  Hunting, fishing, boating, hiking, etc.  My daughter wasn't into games, but loves the outdoors as well.  The key is not being a deadbeat Dad like so many are and spend time with your kids.  They will do the stuff that matters if you give them the opportunity.  I have tried my hardest to never say no to my kids when they ask me to take them hunting, fishing, etc.

Agree.  Evidently, too many Dad's just don't care about spending quality time with their kids as much as they should. 

Most of the guys I grew up with that were into camping, hunting, fishing, etc.....were not the ones getting into trouble.   
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

LAHogfan123

That's a loser of a Dad for you there.  I want to spend every moment I can with my two grandkids and pass on to them the things my father passed on to me.  I tell them the stories my father and Grandfather told me of our family, as well as teach them how to make their own toys even though they have tons at home.  They end up playing for hours with the ones I make for them, because they actually had a hand in making them.  I make them caterpillars, like a lot of us old ones did when we were young using a sewing thread spool, I take them into the woods and find some cane and make whistles, flutes, popguns, you name it.  They are just now getting into hunting, oldest being 7 fixin to turn 8, so I'm getting him interested in making rabbit gums.  My older brother and I used to have a line of these that we ran every morning before the school bus came and we'd sometimes would catch 5 or 6 rabbits at a time.  Never had to waste a shot, just put them in our sack and take them home and we could skin them out quick and hand them over to Mom and she'd either put them in the freezer that day or we would being eating fresh rabbit that evening.  Nothing better.