Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WRESTLEMANIA RESULTS!!!! from last nite -

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 03, 2006, 12:23:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Rey Mysterio def. Kurt Angle and Randy Orton (new World Heavyweight Champion)
WWE Champion John Cena def. Triple H
Shawn Michaels def. Mr. McMahon (No Holds Barred Match)
Edge def. Mick Foley (Hardcore Match)
RVD wins Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Undertaker def. Mark Henry (Casket Match)
JBL def. Chris Benoit (new United States Champion)
World Tag Team Champions Kane & Big Show def. Chris Masters & Carlito
Mickie James def. Trish Stratus (new Women's Champion)
Boogeyman def. Booker T & Sharmell
Torrie Wilson def. Candice Michelle (Playboy Pillow Fight)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 03, 2006, 12:23:04 pm

I'll be shipped in dit.  I remember when Rey got thrown like a dart into the side of a trailer.

hogfan064

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 03, 2006, 01:41:03 pm

I'll be shipped in dit.  I remember when Rey got thrown like a dart into the side of a trailer.

Great way to promote your product.  Have a dwarf in a mask as your world champion.  Thanks Vince for this one

hydrophonic

Y'all really should be more appalled by:

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 03, 2006, 12:23:04 pmBoogeyman def. Booker T & Sharmell

I've gone on record that I don't like Mysterio walking around as the World HEAVYWEIGHT Champion but that I wouldn't have the same objection to him being the WWE Champion.

But it really bothers me that a talented performer like Booker T had to lay down for The Boogeyman.  It bothers me that The Boogeyman was on the card at WrestleMania.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

hogfan064

Quote from: hydrophonic on April 03, 2006, 02:34:24 pm
Y'all really should be more appalled by:

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 03, 2006, 12:23:04 pmBoogeyman def. Booker T & Sharmell

I've gone on record that I don't like Mysterio walking around as the World HEAVYWEIGHT Champion but that I wouldn't have the same objection to him being the WWE Champion.

But it really bothers me that a talented performer like Booker T had to lay down for The Boogeyman.  It bothers me that The Boogeyman was on the card at WrestleMania.

The Boogeyman has beat 2 former champs now in JBL and Booker T.  Boogeyman isn't funny and isn't a great wrestler.  It's a stupid gimick that was something they would've used for Undertaker squash matches in the mid 90s.  Papa Shango was better.

TorsinAHog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 03, 2006, 01:41:03 pm

Those were the good ole days of the Monday night wars.  Now we are stuck with this product?  The fact that there is a "bogeyman" goes to tell you why you need competition.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

hydrophonic

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 03, 2006, 03:04:03 pmBoogeyman isn't funny and isn't a great even a good wrestler.

Fixed that.  I almost left it at "isn't even a wrestler."

I don't like JBL and I'm not really a Booker T fan either, but I really am disappointed that those guys had to lay down for the Boogeyman.  It's the same feeling I got watching Dean Malenko take a "Bronco Buster" from X-Pac.  It's disgraceful.

SacredGroove

hydrophonic

Competition alone won't stop the lame gimmicks.  What was the name of that Kiss gimmick?

Watching WrestleMania XVI a couple weeks ago reminded me of a gimmick they need to repackage.  I'm not saying they should bring this guy back, just figure out a way for somebody else to use elements of his gimmick.

The Godfather

It wouldn't necessarily have to be a pimp gimmick, just a "runs with a lot of hot skanks" kind of a thing.  Give it to a decent performer and you've got a solid mid-card player that is instantly over with the crowds.

hogfan064

Quote from: hydrophonic on April 03, 2006, 03:30:44 pm
Competition alone won't stop the lame gimmicks.  What was the name of that Kiss gimmick?

Watching WrestleMania XVI a couple weeks ago reminded me of a gimmick they need to repackage.  I'm not saying they should bring this guy back, just figure out a way for somebody else to use elements of his gimmick.

The Godfather

It wouldn't necessarily have to be a pimp gimmick, just a "runs with a lot of hot skanks" kind of a thing.  Give it to a decent performer and you've got a solid mid-card player that is instantly over with the crowds.

That's always a cheap way of getting a pop.  Same with Val Venis.  Godfather was a fun character and fit the Attitude Era good.  I think they tried this kind of gimmick with Viscera/Mable, but it didn't work.

I don't think we need to have comical gimmicks, we just need solid performers to carry the company.