Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Collinsville, OK

Started by gotyacovered, April 09, 2013, 03:48:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

been trying to follow this accident. my cousins boss is the KState employe they talk about, Chris Gruber. sad day for all families as they search for answers.

anyone hear or see anything please post.

You are what you tolerate.

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on April 09, 2013, 03:48:24 pm
been trying to follow this accident. my cousins boss is the KState employe they talk about, Chris Gruber. sad day for all families as they search for answers.

anyone hear or see anything please post.

Wow!  For a Mooney's wings to fold up during flight,,, that is odd....  The entire wing is one piece, hell for stout I'm told. 
T&P for the families.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

RNC

We have had severe winds the past few days here in north TX in front of this most recent cold front that I would suspect made for more than "moderate" turbulence at low altitudes.

Absent any other info, bad weather for flying, that's for sure.

gotyacovered

spoke to my cousin yesterday, still no real news.

we talked it thru... gotta be medical or mechanical. and when i say mechanical there was catastrophic 'something'. to warm for icing, he was cleared to 6 so that is likely (but not for sure) where the tops were...

tulsa, about 10 miles S was:
KTUL 072253Z 16017G24KT 9SM OVC020 19/16 A2972 RMK AO2 PK WND 17029/2243 SLP060 T01890161 $

QuoteTime is minutes:seconds into the recording

mm:ss
13:46 N57672 gets takeoff clearance

16:17 N57672 gets clearance to 6,000 and direct to DELAT

21:30 Numerous attempts to contact and finally scout out wreckage from other aircraft

flightaware link adds more confusion after listening to the recording b/c there was no emergency declaration or comms with center... whatever happened, happened very quickly.
You are what you tolerate.