Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bumbling Bielema

Started by hawgon, September 14, 2017, 08:11:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

factchecker

The question is this:

Does Beau Wilcox have a low post count..... we have to be careful.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawgon

Quote from: factchecker on September 14, 2017, 08:41:49 pm
The question is this:

Does Beau Wilcox have a low post count..... we have to be careful.

Thanks for the bump.  Keep it up.  Tell Jeff, hi.

ricepig

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 08:46:37 pm
Who is Beau Wilcox?

Someone who knows how to correctly asses a situation.

Sivad

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 08:11:47 pm
The hounds...they are being released.
The "Arkansas Times" couldn't release a beetle bug.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 08:47:56 pm

He works for Max Brantley, I seriously doubt it.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 08:50:01 pm
He works for Max Brantley, I seriously doubt it.

Did he not call and get your permission before he wrote that?  Didn't he know that you are the source of all Razorback knowledge?

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 08:52:11 pm
Did he not call and get your permission before he wrote that?  Didn't he know that you are the source of all Razorback knowledge?

Why, it's you and ole Red Socks, that's what you told me.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 08:54:02 pm
Why, it's you and ole Red Socks, that's what you told me.

Unlike you, I don't claim to consult daily with anyone.  But you should know who Red socks is.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 08:55:25 pm
Unlike you, I don't claim to consult daily with anyone.  But you should know who Red socks is.

Well, maybe someday you'll get out of the drive thru window and get to ask them if they want fries? Keep trying buddy, don't give up.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 08:59:07 pm
Well, maybe someday you'll get out of the drive thru window and get to ask them if they want fries? Keep trying buddy, don't give up.

So, once again what advice did you give to Mr. Long today?  Did he get your opinion on the recent statements he made?  Was he seeking your insight on the concession situation?

Ironhawg

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 09:01:12 pm
So, once again what advice did you give to Mr. Long today?  Did he get your opinion on the recent statements he made?  Was he seeking your insight on the concession situation?

I told him to look you up for the $15.4m.

ricepig

Quote from: Ward on September 14, 2017, 09:05:52 pm
Beau is a good guy

Y'all should listen to him

Where's he speaking at?

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 09:06:11 pm
I told him to look you up for the $15.4m.

Tell him, I'll pay it, but he has to go first.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 09:07:39 pm
Tell him, I'll pay it, but he has to go first.

Show up with money and I can arrange that.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 09:07:00 pm
Where's he speaking at?

Somewhere where they don't end sentences in prepositions since you are being specific.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 09:08:42 pm
Somewhere where they don't end sentences in prepositions since you are being specific.

Oh...Mr. Grammar police, so you don't know either.

ricepig

Quote from: Ward on September 14, 2017, 09:09:58 pm
He's from Stuttgart

He can't help it

Beau is from Stuttgart?

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 09:08:20 pm
Show up with money and I can arrange that.

since you are tight with the ad, tell him to go ruin another football program
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 09:10:59 pm
Oh...Mr. Grammar police, so you don't know either.

You tried to make a funny and did in a different way than you intended. 

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 09:12:26 pm
You tried to make a funny and did in a different way than you intended. 

I did, why thank you.

hogcard1964

LRHawg

tasteslikechicken

Never heard of Beau Wilcox but his article was on the money.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Ward on September 14, 2017, 09:09:58 pm
He's from Stuttgart

He can't help it

Used to be a feller from Stuttgart on the radio shows all the time. Can't remember his name but he seemed to be a bit surly at times...only thing good he ever had to say was how good the cathead buttermilk biscuits were at this little joint off Cantrell in Little Rock. I listen to him every now and then to see if he'll say the name of the restaurant there again. Seemed like an odd name for a place. Maybe started with a D or a J. Oh well.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on September 14, 2017, 09:22:59 pm
Used to be a feller from Stuttgart on the radio shows all the time. Can't remember his name but he seemed to be a bit surly at times...only thing good he ever had to say was how good the cathead buttermilk biscuits were at this little joint off Cantrell in Little Rock. I listen to him every now and then to see if he'll say the name of the restaurant there again. Seemed like an odd name for a place. Maybe started with a D or a J. Oh well.

It's off Markham, but you already know that.

Rudy Baylor

Seebs

Arkansas Times is the newspaper or record for the entire state of Arkansas and a majority of the mid-south. 

When I was a wee lad I would sit on my pappy's lap and have him read to be the latest run-on sentences and onomatopoeias from the Arkansas Times magazine. 

Lindsey Millar is by far the best editor in the Arkansas Times' history and can out editor Max Brantley with one eye tied behind his back. His weekly Public affairs podcast is borderline erotic. 

Beau Wilcox was plucked from the mean streets of Lonoke County after crushing it at a poetry slam at Pizza D'Action in Stiff Station.  While eating a Po' Boy at the neighboring Oyster Bar after his triumphant rendition of Beowulf, but recited in limerick form, Beau was approached by Lindsey who strutted in with a cane (which converts to a pool cue) and a 1950's hipster straw fedora with a yin-yang silk ribbon around the crown.

Lindsey told Beau, 'I like the cut of your jib .. how about you blog some sports stuff for perhaps the best free publication in lower heights area?  Beau, nonplussed, recanted 'What does this pay?' Lindsey chuckled ... 'it pays you in your dreams man .. you get paid in fulfilled dreams.'

Beau ate the final butt of his hoagie, leaned back in his chair and calmly said, 'Meeting you is my dream Lindsey . .I will work for free and I will do an amazing job. incidentally .. what are sports?' Lindsey, befuddled . .'; I am not sure - but write about it, and dream. '   

They embraced and exchanged information and left together in a blue Miata.

True story .. kinda.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Tejano Jawg

"Listless" ...you know, as I was watching the game unfold before me from section 505 last Saturday, I think that was the word I was searching for.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Inhogswetrust

I only had to see two words to stop reading "Arkansas Times".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 15, 2017, 03:04:16 am
That would do it. "Arkansas Times" = Overpriced at free.

MuskogeeHogFan

https://m.arktimes.com/arkansas/bumbling-bielema/Content?oid=9456649

In case you haven't noticed, the "hounds" have been running wild since last Saturday evening. Everyone has their opinion of what the problems are, few actually know. I'm not sure how people can sustain so much anger and still function day to day.

I'm not happy with what I witnessed on Saturday and I had a few choice words for that performance just like everyone else but all the ongoing whining, moaning and gnashing of teeth in the world isn't going to change things and we have no control over the situation. If folks want to criticize the product on the field that is o.k. Taking it to a more personal level is childish.

All we can do is wait and see what this staff does with the team when they face A&M. Question is, what if they come back and beat A&M? Is everyone going to just pass that off as luck? Next Saturday will be an interesting day, one way or the other.
Go Hogs Go!

hawgon

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 15, 2017, 06:02:34 am
In case you haven't noticed, the "hounds" have been running wild since last Saturday evening. Everyone has their opinion of what the problems are, few actually know. I'm not sure how people can sustain so much anger and still function day to day.

I'm not happy with what I witnessed on Saturday and I had a few choice words for that performance just like everyone else but all the ongoing whining, moaning and gnashing of teeth in the world isn't going to change things and we have no control over the situation. If folks want to criticize the product on the field that is o.k. Taking it to a more personal level is childish.

All we can do is wait and see what this staff does with the team when they face A&M. Question is, what if they come back and beat A&M? Is everyone going to just pass that off as luck? Next Saturday will be an interesting day, one way or the other.

Are you still predicting gen wins?  Lol

Athog

https://m.arktimes.com/arkansas/bumbling-bielema/Content?oid=9456649

Hogville at it's finest!! The leader of all fantasy and negative news!

Steef

The aricle was written to be deliberately harsh. Unfortunately, it's factually accurate.

Essentially, everything good and healthy that progressed on our team during Bret's first three years, came to a screeching halt last year.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgon on September 15, 2017, 06:30:03 am
Are you still predicting gen wins?  Lol

If by your term of "gen", you mean "generational wins", I don't think I ever said that. What I predicted all along was most likely 8 wins, but said that the possibility existed that if the ball bounced just right, that we could win 9 and maybe even 10. I also said it was past time for Bielema to win 9, and that he needed to do so in order to regain the confidence of the fan base given that we have had every opportunity to win 9 or 10 each of the last 3 seasons.

Go Hogs Go!

Redhogs

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 08:46:37 pm
Who is Beau Wilcox?
Someone who accesses the football situation pretty damn right.  Shooting the messenger does not fix anything.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 08:47:56 pm
Quote from: Redhogs on September 15, 2017, 07:37:36 am
Someone who accesses the football situation pretty damn right.  Shooting the messenger does not fix anything.

Well crap, I'm really confused.  Does he access the program, assess the program, or identify asses correctly?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Nothing he says is incorrect, but that doesn't excuse the fact that I've seen better writing and grammar on Hogville.  You could basically take parts from a dozen or so threads on here and come up with that column. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

DeltaBoy

More Blood in the Water  Jeff and his Coach are on borrowed yet expensive time.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 15, 2017, 07:36:19 am
If by your term of "gen", you mean "generational wins", I don't think I ever said that. What I predicted all along was most likely 8 wins, but said that the possibility existed that if the ball bounced just right, that we could win 9 and maybe even 10. I also said it was past time for Bielema to win 9, and that he needed to do so in order to regain the confidence of the fan base given that we have had every opportunity to win 9 or 10 each of the last 3 seasons.

I think he meant 10 wins.. saw what you responded but doesn't answer his question.. Do you feel good about our chances of 10 wins "if the ball bounced just right" or even the 8+ you predicted, after what you saw last Saturday...

Myself, I cut my preseason estimate by one after game one and cut it another after last week.... I'm really hoping we don't fall apart at this point... it was only one loss and we were the underdogs, but the way it played out, rattled my faith in CBB and this team, mostly because of AA's play, he plays like that and we are in for a long season.. It'll come back should we start winning but the lack of confidence is rooted in our recent history....

RME

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 15, 2017, 03:04:16 am

Lol @ the fact that OP posted an Arkansas Times article.

jkstock04

For every action there is an equal reaction. I know you aren't like this but the apologists have been loud and nasty this offseason towards anything questioning Bielemas team or Jeff Long. What goes around comes around.

I think we have a chance to beat A&M. Won't shock me if we do. They are struggling badly....basically a notch or two above an average sunbelt team right now. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 15, 2017, 08:48:56 am
For every action there is an equal reaction. I know you aren't like this but the apologists have been loud and nasty this offseason towards anything questioning Bielemas team or Jeff Long. What goes around comes around.

I think we have a chance to beat A&M. Won't shock me if we do. They are struggling badly....basically a notch or two above an average sunbelt team right now. 

Hogs definitely have a chance against aTm.  Hogs are coming off a bye week, playing a team that is an absolute chaotic dumpster fire.  If Hogs don't beat aTm this year it may never happen.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jkstock04

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 15, 2017, 09:02:33 am
Hogs definitely have a chance against aTm.  Hogs are coming off a bye week, playing a team that is an absolute chaotic dumpster fire.  If Hogs don't beat aTm this year it may never happen.
Agreed...this year they are ripe for the picking.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

EastexHawg

Question is, what if they come back and beat A&M? Is everyone going to just pass that off as luck? Next Saturday will be an interesting day, one way or the other.

It will be better than losing, but for anyone who has paid attention beating A&M will hardly impress them.  Since Markel went down with his injury they have become utterly impotent offensively.  Nicholls held them to 14 points through 3-1/2 quarters.  A P5 defense of even meager standing should be able to hold them to single digits, maybe 10 points...unless their defense or special teams can produce a score or two.

This isn't the Johnny Football Aggies.  They are somewhat of a "name" based on past seasons, most of which have ended with them being exposed as a fraud after racking up early wins against the weaker part of their schedule, but this year's edition doesn't live up to even those mediocre standards.  Losing to them in Dallas would be much worse than being beaten up by TCU at home.

Fan1958

Y'all do realize the Arkansas Times consists of the leftovers from when the ultra lib rag Arkansas Gazette folded. I mean, the thing is so insignificant it's free. Nobody would pay to read it.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

RazorPiggie