Started by GrizzlyRider07, July 28, 2013, 10:46:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gullwing

any news on this kid?

Uncommon

DCimport

Quote from: twistitup on August 04, 2013, 07:46:21 pm
The Manziel situation should help us!

Come to a team with a QB...pretty solid recruiting pitch.
I think its between us and the sips. 

KlubhouseKonnected

It's good he didn't commit to Texas on his visit there.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hawgzinbowlz

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy 4h @jci0010 Arkansas or Texas. Like Hogs chances. Big target

Hoping this is correct. We need this young man.

" GO HOGS "

RazorBassin

Tim Harris

Looks like he is going back to visit A&M again this weekend.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Tim Harris on August 07, 2013, 02:32:30 pm

No bueno.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Break & Run

I think Shorter has commited silently to the Hogs and he's just making one last trip to a&m and Texass to make sure Arkansas is where he wants to go.  JMHO
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Break & Run on August 07, 2013, 02:44:22 pm
I think Shorter has commited silently to the Hogs and he's just making one last trip to a&m and Texass to make sure Arkansas is where he wants to go.  JMHO
I'm glad he's taking his time but it seems like he's swayable at the moment.

HOGKING

Hope he gives us one more visit since his other 2 choices get one

Break & Run

Quote from: HOGKING on August 07, 2013, 03:03:21 pm
Hope he gives us one more visit since his other 2 choices get one

A lot cheaper to drive around in Texas than make the treck up to NWA. 

Just sayin'...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Richard_white

Two more predictions to Arkansas on 247.

twistitup

Quote from: Tim Harris on August 07, 2013, 02:32:30 pm

A&M is currently a huge dumpster fire... Probably going to see the spectacle

Who knows, maybe he was promised an autographed football and he went to collect.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: twistitup on August 07, 2013, 10:13:31 pm

Who knows, maybe he was promised an autographed football and he went to collect.

A&M is far from a Dumpster fire just look at their commitment list. Kevin Sumlin is an excellent coach and recruiter. He is popular with the kids.

H0GGYSTYLE

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on August 08, 2013, 05:02:51 am
A&M is far from a Dumpster fire just look at their commitment list. Kevin Sumlin is an excellent coach and recruiter. He is popular with the kids.

Sumlin turned down some NFL positions last year that were dumpster fires.  Regardless of the recruiting class if aTm wins 10 games or more this year I forsee him taking his brand to the league following this season.

870hogfan

They will not win 10 games again.

Steef

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 08, 2013, 08:09:54 am

They will not win 10 games again.

Some of that may depend on how many Aggies Bama sends to IR.

Im guessing five. Including Manziel.

3BoarsDown

Shorter was planning to attend an A&M practice this week but has cancelled those plans.

The Recruiting Guy

Shorter's coach W.T. Johnston will be on Recruiting Thursday. Kevin may also be on. We'll see.

You can listen on 93.3 FM in LR, 96.3 FM in Ft. Smith and 104.3 in Harrison. Fayetteville should happen soon. Just waiting on the paperwork.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 08, 2013, 11:35:36 am
Shorter's coach W.T. Johnston will be on Recruiting Thursday. Kevin may also be on. We'll see.

You can listen on 93.3 FM in LR, 96.3 FM in Ft. Smith and 104.3 in Harrison. Fayetteville should happen soon. Just waiting on the paperwork.

What time does the show start?

B Ray

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 08, 2013, 11:35:36 am

if its the same WT Johnston.  He went to Lake Hamilton and I believe graduated from Hot Springs. If I recall , he went into coaching !!

The_Boot_stops_here

RD just said on 93.3 that if you had asked a week ago he would said Shorter to Hogs for sure but now he's not sure...Arkansas and Texas...I am paraphrasing btw

DCimport

Quote from: B Ray on August 08, 2013, 01:58:10 pm
if its the same WT Johnston.  He went to Lake Hamilton and I believe graduated from Hot Springs. If I recall , he went into coaching !!
College/University : Henderson State

HogInFlorida

Quote from: twistitup on August 07, 2013, 10:13:31 pm

Lol in no way is A&M a dumpster fire right now.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

DCimport

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on August 08, 2013, 02:46:48 pm
Ray Biggers told me 10-12.
Just going off of times listed on 93.3 site.  Not sure about other radio stations. Think he is on same time slot on 96.3 (6 to 7)

twistitup

Lets see how many decommit if the drama continues or the season falls apart.

Verbal commitments mean nothing

twistitup

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 08, 2013, 02:34:27 pm

The Manziel situation is in no way helping how recruits view the school. Remember the tweet about hating CS? How does that help when your starting Heisman qb says that?

Between that tweet and the neg pub from JF's antics - I say it's a medium sized dumpster fire at the moment. If the season falls apart, medium to large.

Hawg Balling

Jeebus this kid has a fantastic offer sheet for a 3 star tailback. 

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: DCimport on August 08, 2013, 03:01:47 pm
Just going off of times listed on 93.3 site.  Not sure about other radio stations. Think he is on same time slot on 96.3 (6 to 7)
I'm sorry, it was an inside joke.  your times were correct.

This might help it make more sense.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=542764.0

ZERO

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 08, 2013, 02:34:27 pm

Agreed. Johnny Manziel's mental health is the only thing that's a dumpster fire.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

twistitup

Quote from: ZERO on August 08, 2013, 04:17:45 pm
Agreed. Johnny Manziel's mental health is the only thing that's a dumpster fire.

He is there starting, Heisman trophy winning qb-  how does that not reflect on the program?

Did Pryor make an impact on how people view the oh state program?

jacobp

Quote from: Hawg Balling on August 08, 2013, 03:54:31 pm
Jeebus this kid has a fantastic offer sheet for a 3 star tailback. 
he's a 4* on 247 and Scout, 3* on Rivals and ESPN

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: twistitup on August 08, 2013, 04:21:16 pm
He is there starting, Heisman trophy winning qb-  how does that not reflect on the program?

Did Pryor make an impact on how people view the oh state program?

I think more concerning for A & M recruits is that they continued to play Ryan Swope even though he apparently had some serious concussion issues and enough problems that he was placed on the reserve/retired list by the Cardinals before he ever played a down in the NFL.

That's unconscionable by Sumlin and the entire Aggie staff and if I were a recruit or their parent I would have a real problem with that.

DCimport

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on August 08, 2013, 04:16:30 pm

So Shorter is going to announce 10 - 12 of August.  I scare of Texas. I just Mack Brown near Newton, TX.

Scrambled Hog

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on August 08, 2013, 04:47:19 pm
I think more concerning for A & M recruits is that they continued to play Ryan Swope even though he apparently had some serious concussion issues and enough problems that he was placed on the reserve/retired list by the Cardinals before he ever played a down in the NFL.

That's unconscionable by Sumlin and the entire Aggie staff and if I were a recruit or their parent I would have a real problem with that.

That is very interesting, and yes I would have an issue with that as well.  I wonder what the diagnosis trail looks like on that situation.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: twistitup on August 08, 2013, 03:46:09 pm
The Manziel situation is in no way helping how recruits view the school. Remember the tweet about hating CS? How does that help when your starting Heisman qb says that?

Between that tweet and the neg pub from JF's antics - I say it's a medium sized dumpster fire at the moment. If the season falls apart, medium to large.

Are you being serious? Recruits don't care what negative publicity Johnny gets. They all idolize him. Just look at Josh Frazier's twitter. They are having absolutely no trouble recruiting. They are soon to be starting a 500 million dollar stadium and facilities upgrade. They are on their way to passing UT as the best football program in Texas and they have as much money as anyone in the country.

Getting made fun of on the internet for Johnny being an idiot by fans of teams that A&M destroyed last year doesn't make them a dumpster fire. When A&M's coach lies to his boss and the world on national TV, gets fired and the team subsequently loses 8 games the following season, THEN I'll agree that they're a dumpster fire.
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

CDBHawg

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 08, 2013, 06:09:53 pm
Are you being serious? Recruits don't care what negative publicity Johnny gets. They all idolize him. Just look at Josh Frazier's twitter. They are having absolutely no trouble recruiting. They are soon to be starting a 500 million dollar stadium and facilities upgrade. They are on their way to passing UT as the best football program in Texas and they have as much money as anyone in the country.

Getting made fun of on the internet for Johnny being an idiot by fans of teams that A&M destroyed last year doesn't make them a dumpster fire. When A&M's coach lies to his boss and the world on national TV, gets fired and the team subsequently loses 8 games the following season, THEN I'll agree that they're a dumpster fire.

Yeah, get back to me when that happens.  It's gonna take more than a Heisman winner and a Cotton Bowl.

twistitup

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 08, 2013, 06:09:53 pm

All it takes is probation, a terrible season or coaching change and they are back to square one. It's called decommitting - happens all the time.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: twistitup on August 08, 2013, 06:46:05 pm
All it takes is probation, a terrible season or coaching change and they are back to square one. It's called decommitting - happens all the time.

And none of those things have happened to them

Snowball the Pig

I'm still holding out hope but listening to his interview with Richard gave me the vibe he's leaning toward the horns. I've got him and Solomon at the top of my wishlist so I hope it was just a gas pain I was feeling

HogInFlorida

FWIW he's still 71% to Arkansas on the crystal ball and 21% to A&M. One guy picked him to UT and that guy lives in Ohio.

Pickwick Hog

All I know is I would love to see Shorter sporting a Hog helmet. The Arkansas staff will prepare him for a future with or without football. At Texas or A&M he will be considered a consumable piece of meat.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: twistitup on August 08, 2013, 03:43:06 pm
Lets see how many decommit if the drama continues or the season falls apart.

Verbal commitments mean nothing

Go get some more MD 20/20, enjoy.

twistitup

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on August 08, 2013, 08:39:42 pm
Go get some more MD 20/20, enjoy.

I'm liking the New Bel. Folly Pack these days.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on August 08, 2013, 04:16:30 pm

Noooo! you had him. Dammit I was already laughing. I've seen guys get furious over that kind of stuff and it's hilarious. Otr had a guy so pissed over pal coaching in a mirror because fortson was left handed.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

JackJohnson

The last 8 247 predictions are all to Ark- included is two Texas 247 guys and two A&M guys from 2 diff sites

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Player/Kevin-Shorter-21665/PlayerInstitutionPredictions

immahog

keep calm he will be a hog
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog