Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'19 Jason Jitoboh (6-11, 270, Woodz Elite 17U) expecting Hog offer ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, April 23, 2018, 08:42:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

* RECRUITING: Hogs expected to offer '19 big man @JasonJitoboh (6-11, 270, Hamilton Heights, Woodz Elite 17U) "within the next 24 hours", per Jitoboh's mentor @firstnamecook ... UA asst coach TJ Cleveland has been in contact w/Jitoboh & Cook today. UA was present all 4 gms in DFW.

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/988590376557731841

* New Hog recruit @JasonJitoboh -- who picked up an offer today from Wake Forest to go w/offers from Auburn, Florida, & Tennessee -- avg 15 pts, 10 rbs, & 3 blks over the wknd at Nike EYBL event in DFW. He averaged 10 pts, 8 rbs, 3 blks as a junior at Hamilton Heights ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/988591404963319812

* "He (Jason Jitoboh) is a big guy, light on his feet," @firstnamecook said. "He's a big-time rebounder & shot-blocker, and he can score when the opportunity presents itself." Cook added "Missouri, Louisville, Georgetown, & Clemson are all expected in" to recruit Jitoboh ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/988593446654038017

The_Iceman

King Kong

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 23, 2018, 08:45:21 pm
Let's be honest...We will never land him.

Maybe if we had Todd Day on staff. His former Hs coach right?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: King Kong on April 23, 2018, 08:50:10 pm

No, Todd coached at his HS alma mater, Memphis Hamilton ... Hamilton Heights is located in Chattanooga ... same school that produced Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Kentucky) and several more high-major ballers over the past couple of years. SWChristian Academy in LR played Hamilton Heights 3 times in the last 2 seasons -- once in '16-17 (I was there), and twice in '17-18 (SCA won the regular-season game played in Memphis, and HH won in the game that mattered = the NACA national championship).

hoofer

So how is this kid playing on an AAU team out of Little Rock?

And who is backing this Woodz Elite team?

Razorpigg

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: King Kong on April 23, 2018, 08:50:10 pm

Is he the one at Philander or whatever the name is?  I heard him on Bo's show, no thanks.  He alluded to paying players to get top talent and threw backhanded insults at CMA and staff, in my opinion.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: hoofer on April 23, 2018, 08:57:00 pm
So how is this kid playing on an AAU team out of Little Rock?

And who is backing this Woodz Elite team?

He resides in a bordering state (TN), and grassroots teams are allowed up to 3 such players. Woodz Elite (formerly Wings Elite) is coached by familiar Wings Elite coaches = Charles Baker (17U, SWChristian HC), Wes Swift (16U, Jonesboro HC), Ray Cooper (15U, LRMills HC) ... Woodz Elite is Malik Monk's Nike EYBL team, and he, his brother Marcus, and Bryan Adams are partners, with Nick Mason having a role.

King Kong

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on April 23, 2018, 08:54:40 pm
No, Todd coached at his HS alma mater, Memphis Hamilton ... Hamilton Heights is located in Chattanooga ... same school that produced Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Kentucky) and several more high-major ballers over the past couple of years. SWChristian Academy in LR played Hamilton Heights 3 times in the last 2 seasons -- once in '16-17 (I was there), and twice in '17-18 (SCA won the regular-season game played in Memphis, and HH won in the game that mattered = the NACA national championship).

My mistake saw the Hamilton and assumed

MakingPlays

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 23, 2018, 09:09:22 pm
Is he the one at Philander or whatever the name is?  I heard him on Bo's show, no thanks.  He alluded to paying players to get top talent and threw backhanded insults at CMA and staff, in my opinion.

Whenever I hear people say Todd Day should be on the hog coaching staff I just SMH.

MakingPlays

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 23, 2018, 08:45:21 pm
Let's be honest...We will never land him.

Why not?  They've won recruiting battles for kids that were highly recruited before.  They landed two four star out of state recruits in this upcoming class alone in Reggie Chaney and Keyshawn Emebery.  Both had a bunch of high major offers especially Embery.  You're telling me the staff can land these guys but have no chance with a kid that's currently unranked on most services that's on an Arkansas grassroots team?  Only site that I see that has him ranked is 247 and he's a 3-star on there.  I don't think if the staff landed him it will go down as the most shocking recruit they ever landed.

PonderinHog

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MakingPlays on April 23, 2018, 11:21:18 pm
Why not?  They've won recruiting battles for kids that were highly recruited before.  They landed two four star out of state recruits in this upcoming class alone in Reggie Chaney and Keyshawn Emebery.  Both had a bunch of high major offers especially Embery.  You're telling me the staff can land these guys but have no chance with a kid that's currently unranked on most services that's on an Arkansas grassroots team?  Only site that I see that has him ranked is 247 and he's a 3-star on there.  I don't think if the staff landed him it will go down as the most shocking recruit they ever landed.

those facts again... as another poster said, he really has no clue about much of anything other than bitchin..he's very proficient at that...

The_Iceman

All I'm saying is that considering his size and the other teams recruiting him, I don't see Arkansas as the best fit for him. Therefore, we will not land him.

MakingPlays

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 24, 2018, 09:04:50 am
All I'm saying is that considering his size and the other teams recruiting him, I don't see Arkansas as the best fit for him. Therefore, we will not land him.

Dude, he has 4 high major offers, and it's not like those 4 offers are Duke, UNC, Kansas, and Kentucky and he's a McDonald's All-American.  Also, I'm not sure what he size has to do with anything as long as he can get up and down the floor well, which it looks like he can and he's been vocal about wanting to get in better shape and lose weight. Plus the staff after this year will currently have 2 big men that they've put in the league as first round picks, that's a really good recruiting pitch.

draftkings33

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on April 23, 2018, 09:09:55 pm
He resides in a bordering state (TN), and grassroots teams are allowed up to 3 such players. Woodz Elite (formerly Wings Elite) is coached by familiar Wings Elite coaches = Charles Baker (17U, SWChristian HC), Wes Swift (16U, Jonesboro HC), Ray Cooper (15U, LRMills HC) ... Woodz Elite is Malik Monk's Nike EYBL team, and he, his brother Marcus, and Bryan Adams are partners, with Nick Mason having a role.
Wes Swift coaches Wings?  I guess that's legal but sounds really strange. 

draftkings33

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MakingPlays on April 23, 2018, 11:10:37 pm
Whenever I hear people say Todd Day should be on the hog coaching staff I just SMH.
they dont know Todd like I know Todd, that's for sure lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

FineAsSwine

Looks like he could be a pretty good rim protector in college and with his height and heft, a space eater down low who can rebound.

I would like to see us get him, especially if he can get down to 250. He is 290 right now and says he wants to lose 20 lbs but I think he would need to drop 40 to play most effectively at a fast pace.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 25, 2018, 12:34:08 pm
Looks like he could be a pretty good rim protector in college and with his height and heft, a space eater down low who can rebound.

I would like to see us get him, especially if he can get down to 250. He is 290 right now and says he wants to lose 20 lbs but I think he would need to drop 40 to play most effectively at a fast pace.

Getting from end to end has been a challenge, from what I saw in NWA event a couple of weeks ago ... he's quick off his feet for a big man and moves well in the paint, but running end to end is another thing right now.

GuvHog

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on April 25, 2018, 12:43:21 pm
Getting from end to end has been a challenge, from what I saw in NWA event a couple of weeks ago ... he's quick off his feet for a big man and moves well in the paint, but running end to end is another thing right now.

My guess is if he signs with the Hogs, the trainer will probably push him to lose 20 lbs next summer when he comes to campus.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Kevin McPherson

Update on Hogs-Jason Jitoboh recruiting ... and this makes sense, because Arkansas rarely makes an offer before CMA sees the prospect ... Arkansas will likely offer Friday or later in the weekend if CMA gives his thumbs up ...

* Head Hog Mike Anderson is expected to watch '19 UA recruit Jason Jitoboh (@JasonJitoboh, 6-11 F/C, Hamilton Heights, Woodz Elite 17U) on Fri at Nike EYBL event in Indianapolis, according to Jitoboh's mentor @firstnamecook. Jitoboh has TN, Auburn, FLA, Wake Forest, SFlorida offers

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/989353101269323776

hogwood

Really like this prospect. Would be great to get Jitoboh, Franklin, Ramsey, + Hill in 2019.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogwood on April 26, 2018, 10:01:46 am
Really like this prospect. Would be great to get Jitoboh, Franklin, Ramsey, + Hill in 2019.

That would be a haul.

King Kong

mhuff

hogwood

Rome26

Quote from: hogwood on April 26, 2018, 10:01:46 am

Will we have four scholarships available for the 2019 class?

GuvHog

Quote from: Rome26 on April 27, 2018, 12:26:48 am

I believe the Hogs will have 3 scholarships available in 2019. Hill will be on a football scholarship but will be allowed to join the basketball team after the football season ends.

mhuff

If Hill gets a FB scholarship, I expect five new players next year.

Hawg Red

Hall/Jones transfer - scholarship currently unfilled (1)
Daniel Gafford - almost assuredly will go pro in '19 (2)
Khalil Garland - seems like a longshot to get cleared (3)
Transfer likely after next season (4)

Now, we could fill the open spot with a prep player or JUCO and that would take a spot out of the running, and the spot that comes up next spring by an inevitable transfer won't be a scholarship we can offer this fall, but we could possibly get Javon Franklin with that scholarship as JUCO are often still available in the spring. Obviously Hill also has to go on football scholarship here, too. But we could be looking at a situation where the staff signs Ramsey and two bigs in the early period, and then signs Franklin once someone transfers.

GuvHog

Quote from: mhuff on April 27, 2018, 07:42:15 am

I'd doubt there will be that many new players for the 2019-2020 season. The first year players aren't likely to transfer and Harris can't transfer without losing a year of eligibility.

Hawg Red

Quote from: GuvHog on April 27, 2018, 08:51:00 am
I'd doubt there will be that many new players for the 2019-2020 season. The first year players aren't likely to transfer and Harris can't transfer without losing a year of eligibility.

Dude, how can you say that after Darious Hall just transferred out after a year when he played in an entrenched rotation role and would have been the clear-cut starter at the 3 next season? All bets are off with all players, really.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 27, 2018, 09:02:11 am
Dude, how can you say that after Darious Hall just transferred out after a year when he played in an entrenched rotation role and would have been the clear-cut starter at the 3 next season? All bets are off with all players, really.

It's my understanding that Hall and Jones really didn't have a choice because of behavioral issues.

Hawg Red

Quote from: GuvHog on April 27, 2018, 01:40:01 pm
It's my understanding that Hall and Jones really didn't have a choice because of behavioral issues.

Okay, does that really change the point? Could some the first-year players in this class not exhibit behavioral issues, too?

We just cannot take for granted that any player won't transfer or leave early.

hogwood

We'll likely have 3. One available now, then Gafford turns pro, then a possible transfer. Hill is a walk-on and doesn't take a scholarship.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: mhuff on April 27, 2018, 07:42:15 am

Your probable right because we have so many players at the guard position who will not get the minutes they want so they leave. 

I totally do not understand Mike's method of recruitment.   

GuvHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 27, 2018, 02:18:35 pm
Your probable right because we have so many players at the guard position who will not get the minutes they want so they leave. 

I totally do not understand Mike's method of recruitment.   

He learned it from Nolan.