Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Going with all favorites tomorrow:

BG-12
WKU -7
Stan -4.5
MSu -2.5

Have not pulled the trigger on Clem/NC. NC has the horses to win outright, but the QB is so turnover prone I just can't play them.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 04, 2015, 01:10:56 pm
Somebody tell me why I shouldn't hammer Wake -5 tonight?

Wake should beat us by double digits pretty easily

widespreadsooie

Love my Hogs but realize the public hasn't picked up on how far we've fallen from last last season:

Wake -5

0-0 YTD

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Pretty Lucky on the Packers, but I've had more bad crap like that happen to me than for me so I will gladly take it.

Let's make some waves.

hogsanity

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 04, 2015, 02:37:56 pm
Pretty Lucky on the Packers, but I've had more bad crap like that happen to me than for me so I will gladly take it.

I was on the right side of the Packers, Tulsa and Bama getting that garbage td last Sat, so I am due to get some bad beats this weekend.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DadVader1

I'm taking the small gift from GB and rolling it over onto Wake at -4.5. 

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hogsanity on December 04, 2015, 02:30:45 pm
Going with all favorites tomorrow:

BG-12
WKU -7
Stan -4.5
MSu -2.5

Have not pulled the trigger on Clem/NC. NC has the horses to win outright, but the QB is so turnover prone I just can't play them.

I'm leaning the same way on all these.

I'm really torn on the BG v NI game tonight. NI is starting a 3rd string walk-on FR QB, but BG plays less defense than a slut on prom night and NI has a pretty stout running game. I know I need to sit this one out, but I don't think I'll be able to.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SPAL

December 04, 2015, 05:27:43 pm #9357 Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:03:58 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
Bowling Green -13 NCAAF...W

CBB
Wake -4.5...L
Unlv +2.5...W

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: widespreadsooie on December 04, 2015, 02:37:56 pm
Love my Hogs but realize the public hasn't picked up on how far we've fallen from last last season:

Wake -5

0-0 YTD

not only that but we have been a pretty terrible road team under MA. 

Taking Wake -4.5 / 10 units to win 8 units (bought the hook)

WILL CLINTON

Couldn't help myself

BG -13 (hook)
Under 70 (hook)

small parlay with both of these.

SPAL

The hogs did the one thing that would upset all of us. ...Lose AND fail to cover

Huckleberry Pig

Iv bet on the hogs 3 times my entire life.  Have yet to win a bet on the team I'm most familiar with.  It's unbelievable

SPAL

December 05, 2015, 01:09:45 am #9362 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:08:04 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
Midweek games through Friday night.

15-17 NFL picks
40-20 NCAAF
2-5 NCAAB

SPAL

December 05, 2015, 01:47:14 am #9363 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:58:35 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
My biggest play of the year is on.....

Florida +18.....W

DadVader1

December 05, 2015, 08:56:03 am #9364 Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:19:08 am by DadVader1
The sheets have a strong Florida lean, but I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on such an anemic offense.  Good luck!  I hope you and the sheets are right and my gut is wrong.

EDIT: screw it ... with you and the sheets on FL, I feel outvoted.  I added 1 unit on FL +17

Also added one more unit each on:

W. Va -6
App -18
Mich St. -3

Quote from: hogsanity on December 04, 2015, 02:39:36 pm
I was on the right side of the Packers, Tulsa and Bama getting that garbage td last Sat, so I am due to get some bad beats this weekend.

Hear ya.
Let's make some waves.

Texasssssss Baylor over 66 / 3 units
Bama -17 / 3 units
Clemson -4.5 / 3 units
Mich ST -3 / 3 units
Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Well I've learned my lesson betting against the Hogs I guess, 0-1 in college hoops.

widespreadsooie

I was absolutely miserable watching that game by the way lol

widespreadsooie

Today's card:

Temple +5.5
Standford -4
Clemson -4.5
Iowa +3.5
App St. -18.5

38-43 YTD (fade accordingly)

campushog23

Junkyard Hog

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 05, 2015, 01:47:14 am
My biggest play of the year is on.....

Florida +18

Hope we both win sir with a 31-14 or a 34-17 game.

Bama -16 (hook)
KState ML (+180)

WILL CLINTON

SPAL

WILL CLINTON

Florida has 83 yards in the whole game, and then throws a 64 yd TD. Can't complain too much but I thought this one was in the books.

SPAL

I'll admit I was sweating it at the end, but I cashed large on the Gators....41-20 and I hit my play of the year to take a huge bank to bowl season. I hate to see the regular season come to an end.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 05, 2015, 08:23:19 pm
I'll admit I was sweating it at the end, but I cashed large on the Gators....41-20 and I hit my play of the year to take a huge bank to bowl season. I hate to see the regular season come to an end.

I had been on an 9-0 run, so I knew it had to end.

Hopefully Mich St and Clemson can pull off their games with covers, I've given up on App St.

SPAL

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on December 05, 2015, 09:24:10 pm
I had been on an 9-0 run, so I knew it had to end.

Hopefully Mich St and Clemson can pull off their games with covers, I've given up on App St.

That's awesome. Good bankroll for bowl season.

StuartDavin

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 05, 2015, 08:23:19 pm

That got intense there at the very end. The play clock was going to tick below 40 seconds before Bama had to snap the ball on 3rd down but they decided to run the ball anyway. Glad it worked out for ya.

SPAL

December 06, 2015, 10:19:40 am #9380 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:58:10 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Vikings +2...L

jkstock04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 06, 2015, 10:19:40 am
Vikings +2
Saw that this morning. Makes zero sense they are underdogs at home against Seattle. If I were still betting would be all over that one.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

onebadrubi

Vikings are fogs because seattle has one of if not the top
Rushing D and then you have to ask bridge water to throw against Sherman and Chancellor.

Personally, I like the over and the Vikings but not sure I touch either

jkstock04

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 06, 2015, 10:49:06 am
Vikings are fogs because seattle has one of if not the top
Rushing D and then you have to ask bridge water to throw against Sherman and Chancellor.

Personally, I like the over and the Vikings but not sure I touch either
Well, if you look closer..some of Seattles good defensive numbers are a bit inflated due to competition...or lack there of. The Bears (w/o Cutler), Lions (when offense was a mess), 49ers (twice) and Cowboys (w/o Romo). Against good teams hitting on all cylinders they are giving up a lot of points. Vikings are fresh off the upset at Atlanta, a game that really was never really even close. They gotta have a ton of confidence going into today.

Another stat that jumps out to me here looking a little deeper this morning...Vikings are 9-2 ATS this season. That's impressive.  I think their perception may be skewed because people really don't pay any attention to them...Seahawks are the more "sexy" team. Who knows its the NFL so it's more of a crap shoot than anything else, but I'm putting a 5 unit "ghost" bet on this one for fun.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

SPAL

December 06, 2015, 11:10:57 am #9384 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:57:53 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Also playing Arizona -3.5...W

onebadrubi

Cincy -7
Jags +3
Houston over 42
Houston +3
Vikings +3
Vikings over 43
Giants +3

Added atlanta to win
Cincy team total over 26 (1/2 off all above bets)
Cardinals -3-135

(As you can see I bought a few .5's)

Also willbe playing a few afternoon games

Pheonix +5 NBA

onebadrubi

WILL CLINTON

Opening lines for the CFB Playoffs:

Bama -9
OU -3.5

DadVader1

Took my first real beat down of the season, going 1-3-1 for -11 units, making it 90-61-2 and +44 units YTD.  Fortunately, you guys have taught me a lot about bankroll management over the last few years, so I didn't give it all back.  Congrats to Sir on your biggest play of the year, and a big thank you for convincing me to go against my gut for my only win of the weekend.  Looking forward to bowl season!

SPAL

Quote from: DadVader1 on December 06, 2015, 04:51:48 pm
Took my first real beat down of the season, going 1-3-1 for -11 units, making it 90-61-2 and +44 units YTD.  Fortunately, you guys have taught me a lot about bankroll management over the last few years, so I didn't give it all back.  Congrats to Sir on your biggest play of the year, and a big thank you for convincing me to go against my gut for my only win of the weekend.  Looking forward to bowl season!

Glad we got it

SPAL

widespreadsooie

Went 3-2 yesterday bringing me to 41-45 YTD. Won on Stanford, Clemson, and Iowa. Lost on Temple and App St.

WILL CLINTON

I know peopl joke about taking out a 2nd mortgage, using the kids college fund, etc. but Ohio St just opened at -6.5 v Notre Dame. This may be the biggest bet of my gambling career.

onebadrubi

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on December 06, 2015, 09:18:37 pm
I know peopl joke about taking out a 2nd mortgage, using the kids college fund, etc. but Ohio St just opened at -6.5 v Notre Dame. This may be the biggest bet of my gambling career.

You think Ohio state is interested in any bowl except a National championship?  Could be a let down opportunity as well as Notre dame and a good QB with more time to learn the offense. Also Notre Dame has a top LB'ing core and top middle LB

widespreadsooie

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 06, 2015, 09:33:12 pm
You think Ohio state is interested in any bowl except a National championship?  Could be a let down opportunity as well as Notre dame and a good QB with more time to learn the offense. Also Notre Dame has a top LB'ing core and top middle LB

I can't imagine it being a letdown. Saban may be able to use that excuse when they don't perform, but Ohio St is playing with a chip on their shoulder when OU is in the playoff with a loss to Texas, and OSU only lost to one of the CFP contenders. I text my friend who is a huge OSU fan today when the games were announced before there were lines, and I said 45-10 and he said 42-14. I believe they are going to take out not getting in out on ND like they took out the loss to Mich St on Mich the next week.

I'm really worried though, I feel confident in all my picks so far with the few lines that are out.
I'm heavy leaning on these:
Clemson +3.5
Bama -9.5
Florida St -6.5
Ok St +6.5
Stanford -6.5

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on December 06, 2015, 09:18:37 pm

I actually like the Irish plus the points.
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

I haven't run the numbers yet, so this is just a gut play, but I went ahead and did 4 units on Stanford at -6.5 (h).  I wanted to make sure that I could get it at less than a TD.

SPAL

WILL CLINTON

Went 4-2-1 last week to push my regular season record to 50-38-5 (57%). Didn't keep up with the units this year, but I think I'm down some because of the 0-whatever I went on NFL.

I'm going ahead with these because I believe they will get pushed up by the time the bowls roll around.

Ohio St -7***
Duke +2
Washington -8
Bowling Green -8***
North Carolina +3
Auburn -2.5
Michigan -4***

I'm not sure I can bet enough on BG, OSU, and Mich. I like these lines better than any in recent memory. I still like the leans I posted last night, but these 7 I like for sure.

Here's to a great bowl season everyone.