Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No practice report from today 3/6 ?

Started by Tusks, March 06, 2018, 09:47:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

I did see that Curl has been moved to Safety.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

SooieGeneris

It doesn't necessarily mean it's permanent. However, this is a move that many, including myself feel like would best utilize his talents, so we need to keep watching to see if this move takes.

If it is permanent, that must mean good things as far as the depth at CB. It might mean Foucha plays CB or Nickel instead of safety in the fall. That was talked about on signing day..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

bennyl08

Quote from: SooieGeneris on March 06, 2018, 10:19:33 pm
It doesn't necessarily mean it's permanent. However, this is a move that many, including myself feel like would best utilize his talents, so we need to keep watching to see if this move takes.

If it is permanent, that must mean good things as far as the depth at CB. It might mean Foucha plays CB or Nickel instead of safety in the fall. That was talked about on signing day..

The good news is that we are signing safeties who are athletic enough to actually be playing CB as well if needed.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pork Ranger

Any word on how Montaric Brown is playing into the secondary?

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Pork Ranger on March 07, 2018, 07:21:42 am
Any word on how Montaric Brown is playing into the secondary?
I seen where he is the second team strong safety. 

rljjr

Curl is capable of playing anywhere in the back. He was extremely impressive for a freshman and I think that guy is going to be huge no matter where he plays.

HogginUp

Quote from: SooieGeneris on March 06, 2018, 10:19:33 pm

Agreed.

Temprees

Quote from: rljjr on March 07, 2018, 09:12:27 am
Curl is capable of playing anywhere in the back. He was extremely impressive for a freshman and I think that guy is going to be huge no matter where he plays.
+1 already for the new staff for determining early that Kurl is not a CB.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Temprees on March 07, 2018, 11:17:40 am

I absolute do not agree with this.  I think Kurl proved he could play CB last year as a true freshman.  I think the move was made based upon team need more than Kurl's ability to play CB. 

bennyl08

Quote from: Temprees on March 07, 2018, 11:17:40 am

The last staff determined he was a safety as well and recruited to play there. However, we had Coley, Liddel, and Ramirez at the position and Pulley went down early with an injury, so that dictated that Curl play at CB out of necessity.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse