Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bass Pro Buys Ranger Boats

Started by hogbud, December 12, 2014, 10:18:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogbud

Wow - Bass Pro buys Ranger Boats who also owns Triton and Stratos boats. Financial details not disclosed but plans to stay in Flippin. Lots of consolidation in industry. I own a Triton but boat prices are ridiculous and monopolies not gonna help.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Is this going to affect Flippin's/N Arkansas' economy?  Or is Flippin still going to be the place for Ranger boats?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

OTTER

Quote from: The Chief on December 13, 2014, 07:52:29 am
Is this going to affect Flippin's/N Arkansas' economy?  Or is Flippin still going to be the place for Ranger boats?
They are still going to continue manufacturing the boats in Flippin. 
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

razorbacker3

I heard there would be very few if any changes.

Boarcephus

Quote from: hogbud on December 12, 2014, 10:18:08 pm
Wow - Bass Pro buys Ranger Boats who also owns Triton and Stratos boats. Financial details not disclosed but plans to stay in Flippin. Lots of consolidation in industry. I own a Triton but boat prices are ridiculous and monopolies not gonna help.

Prices for bass boats are mind boggling.   You can drop $50k in a heartbeat for a new one.  I thought I saw somewhere you can now finance those things for 10 years or so.  Got to love to fish to pony up that kind of cash.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

IMO that is bad for the consumer.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

onebadrubi

I'm shocked the government did not block the deal.  There have been a few big acquisitions similar to this in the last 4 years or so that I thought the government may not allow, but they've all gona through.  Leaders and industry are not supposed to be allowed to acquire one another, but since the down economy it seems to be the only way big business decide to grow.