Who's in?

Started by MO.Hog, October 09, 2014, 09:59:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MO.Hog

jrulz83

Looks inhumane to me.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Hummmm........that guy must reload his own ammo.  If I was him, believe I would back off the powder charge a bit......bet it's over max....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

DOGALUM

I'm all in.  Spectacular!!
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Pulled(PP)pork

cbhawg03

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 09, 2014, 10:57:41 pm
Looks inhumane to me.

wild hogs are inhumane

It was a big much though, especially when seeing those two hogs go 100 feet up in the air

root_hawg

What's the sport in that

DOGALUM

Quote from: root_hawg on October 10, 2014, 09:25:40 am
What's the sport in that
thrill of the kill.   

But I doubt it's for "sport".  Hogs are probably ruining his land.  There is no "sport" in building/mending fences either, but it is a must do to properly maintain.   If he would have just shot one, the others run off. 

root_hawg

Whatever he needs to do if they are tearing up property

DOGALUM

Quote from: root_hawg on October 10, 2014, 09:38:20 am
Whatever he needs to do if they are tearing up property
thats what they do.

That said, I would gladly treat hogs to that same thing on someone else's property too.  Looks darned fun. 

Rooka

jrulz83

Quote from: cbhawg03 on October 10, 2014, 09:17:16 am
wild hogs are inhumane

It was a big much though, especially when seeing those two hogs go 100 feet up in the air

I'm just a if you kill it, eat it kind of person. I feel like the meat was, shall we say, ruined by the pressure wave of an explosion. The guy can do whatever he wants, but I don't think this kind of thing should be glorified. It's extermination, not hunting.

MO.Hog

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 10, 2014, 09:58:20 am
I'm just a if you kill it, eat it kind of person. I feel like the meat was, shall we say, ruined by the pressure wave of an explosion. The guy can do whatever he wants, but I don't think this kind of thing should be glorified. It's extermination, not hunting.

It is extermination.  If you had land that these hogs were tearing up you would feel like exterminating them too.  On a side note I too am a kill and eat it kind of person, but I would make an exception in this case.  However the meat might be cooked for you by time you get to the pigs with an explosion like that haha.

MO.Hog

Perhaps I should have posted this in DST.  Probably would have gotten more of the "holy sh1t that's funny" reaction I was looking for.

jrulz83

Quote from: MO.Hog on October 10, 2014, 10:25:41 am
It is extermination.  If you had land that these hogs were tearing up you would feel like exterminating them too.  On a side note I too am a kill and eat it kind of person, but I would make an exception in this case.  However the meat might be cooked for you by time you get to the pigs with an explosion like that haha.

I like how you know how I would feel, maybe I want a pig sanctuary if it's my land.   :)

cbhawg03

Quote from: MO.Hog on October 10, 2014, 10:28:05 am
Perhaps I should have posted this in DST.  Probably would have gotten more of the "holy sh1t that's funny" reaction I was looking for.

I though it was, I am with you on the funniness of it.

I think they should up the charge though, see how an actual pig can fly. I think it is obvious that they are doing this to get rid of multiple hogs at one time, rather than shooting one and watching the others run off. Killing one at a time will never control the population, but 5-10 at a time will do some damage

DOGALUM

Quote from: MO.Hog on October 10, 2014, 10:28:05 am
dude.....it's wonderful.   I want to do it!!   

oldman1015

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 09, 2014, 10:57:41 pm
Looks inhumane to me.
i know someone who lost $100,000 worth of soybeans last year.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: MO.Hog on October 10, 2014, 10:25:41 am

Traditional ways to cook BBQ pork:   Hickory smoked BBQ, Mesquite smoked BBQ.....

Now its......"Dynamite smoked BBQ pork."  Faster, sort of like microwave.  Couple of problems.... it tends to overcook,..... the "cooking"... scatters the meat around.....& the neighbors can "hear" you fire up the grill.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jrulz83

Quote from: oldman1015 on October 10, 2014, 01:57:37 pm
i know someone who lost $100,000 worth of soybeans last year.

I don't care, there's cleaner ways to do it than this. This kind of thing gives the animal rights wackos more ammunition.

DOGALUM

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 10, 2014, 09:54:06 pm
I don't care, there's cleaner ways to do it than this. This kind of thing gives the animal rights wackos more ammunition.
cleaner schmeaner.   

Any ideas for a more effective way?   

As for the animal rights folks.....to hell with em

DOGALUM

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 10, 2014, 09:54:06 pm
and it's easy to say "I don't care" when it's not your $100grand.   Get real man.

jrulz83

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 10, 2014, 10:29:47 pm
cleaner schmeaner.   

Any ideas for a more effective way?   

As for the animal rights folks.....to hell with em

I get it, it's 9th grade cool to blow hogs up with explosives. Since I have graduated 9th grade, I have become a bit more thoughtful and mature about things. Unfortunately I understand that some people aren't. That's why some activities are illegal to do.

I love the to hell with em attitude; it isn't in anyway based in reality. This kind of stuff starts getting popular and exploding targets, that are a (pardon the pun) blast to shoot, will suddenly be done away with because somebody in Texas posted videos on youtube or somewhere of pig parts flying through the air. It's scary that it can happen that way but it does.

I didn't say more effective, I said cleaner; here are some ways to do it that are less polarizing than blowing hogs up:

http://agrilife.org/texnatwildlife/feral-hogs/control-techniques-for-feral-hogs/

As to your second comment:

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 10, 2014, 10:30:43 pm
and it's easy to say "I don't care" when it's not your $100grand.   Get real man.

It is easy to say that, it's also easy to say that hog damage is a risk assessment that farmers have to make. Hogs damage crops, bear damage crops, hail damages crops, freezing rain damages crops, insects damage crops...etc. All of that is part of the risk you take. All businesses have a certain amount of risk involved, we can't "win" all the time. If the guy did his due diligence he would have taken precautions to prevent it from happening, or compensate him for the loss.

Thanks for the debate, I'm certain we'll never see eye to eye on this and that's okay. It's all a matter of opinion and nobody's right if everybody's wrong.

kodiakisland

I'm all for killing pigs, but this isn't the way to do it.  I bet they liked to tape firecrackers to frogs when they were younger.  One of the hogs appears to be limping.  I'm sure injured in some other form of "sport" it was unlucky enough to survive.  Oddly enough, I do enjoy watching a prairie dog explode.  It is a bit more sporting though.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 11, 2014, 12:28:37 am
he would have taken precautions to prevent it from happening
I don't know, man, that looked like he took one helluva precaution to prevent it from happening to me.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece