Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JaCorey Williams Signs With Warriors

Started by NWAHog479, June 26, 2017, 08:37:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

not good enough to play for the hogs but can possibly make it with GSW . another puzzling departure that might could have helped
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PonderinHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 26, 2017, 08:46:01 am
not good enough to play for the hogs but can possibly make it with GSW . another puzzling departure that might could have helped
Puzzling?  Too many off the court issues, man.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2017, 08:51:27 am
Puzzling?  Too many off the court issues, man.
And on the court too. To quote Austin Powers, "who throws a shoe?"
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

PonderinHog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 26, 2017, 08:53:04 am
And on the court too. To quote Austin Powers, "who throws a shoe?"
He was off the court when that happened!   ;D

hoglady

Glad for Jacorey - hope he does well.
He wasn't sent packing because of his on court play - he was sent packing because of a couple of off the court issues.
Hopefully, that experience put him on a better path. It's hard for kids to realize they need to clean up their act when they don't experience consequences for bad behavior. Anderson did the right thing for the program and for Jacorey.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PorkRinds

Say what? Back to the drawing board with that terrible argument.

PonderinHog

Jacorey had another gear for a big man, that I haven't seen at Arkansas in a long time.

Biggus Piggus

Nothing puzzling about it at all, unless you overlook all the available information. Williams needed a reality check, and he responded to it well. Good luck to him.
[CENSORED]!

Tusks

Some of you guys need to understand that being booted off the hogs very well maybe what turned JW around and is the reason he signed with GS.

Congrats to him because usually it doesn't turn out this way when a kid hits a major bump like he did.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I expect more from someone with 14k posts
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

niels_boar

So your theory is that after 3.5 years on campus and two months before practice started, a for-certain senior starter Jacorey Williams was forced off the team because CMA decided that it would be in the best interest of winning more basketball games that, in lieu of keeping Williams on the team, he go scrambling to find a late, late, late signee Lorenzo Jenkins just so that he would have enough players to scrimmage.  You might as well double down and add the criticism that CMA didn't sign a Shaquatch to replace Williams at PF in August.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

zebradynasty

Quote from: tusked on June 26, 2017, 10:54:27 am
Some of you guys need to understand that being booted off the hogs very well maybe what turned JW around and is the reason he signed with GS.

Congrats to him because usually it doesn't turn out this way when a kid hits a major bump like he did.

EXACTLY! Getting sent packing might very well been the best thing that could have happen to the kid. MA made the tough call because we needed his play on the court not his drama off the court. Hope the kid does well his skill set fits Golden State like a glove!

yraciv

He may make the Santa Cruz Warriors, but I'd still say NBA is a pipe dream. Hope he shows something in the summer league.

HF#1

Good for Jacorey. A real nice comeback story.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TrueBlue

lol if you think JaCorey will ever see the court at Golden State. (except on TV).

Hawg Red

Agreed 100%.

He doesn't have the kind of season he has with MTSU if he doesn't get that kick in the pants he got from being removed from the Arkansas program. That woke him up. I'm sure Mike is proud of him. I know I am. That's what you want to see happen to a kid after something like that. He learned from it.

Hawg Red

Also, if I'm not mistaken, JaCorey actually just signed on to play for Golden State's summer league team. Not the same thing as signing an actual NBA contract. I do not believe he has a deal in place for an actual contract.

tophawg19

Quote from: niels_boar on June 26, 2017, 11:38:18 am
So your theory is that after 3.5 years on campus and two months before practice started, a for-certain senior starter Jacorey Williams was forced off the team because CMA decided that it would be in the best interest of winning more basketball games that, in lieu of keeping Williams on the team, he go scrambling to find a late, late, late signee Lorenzo Jenkins just so that he would have enough players to scrimmage.  You might as well double down and add the criticism that CMA didn't sign a Shaquatch to replace Williams at PF in August.
how in the hell did you get that ? my post was that he never really gave us good enough play to earn a NBA look . He leaves and develops into a possible NBA prospect ? Williams had to leave , no doubt ,but here he never showed an NBA level skill set .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hawg Red

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 26, 2017, 02:49:07 pm
how in the hell did you get that ? my post was that he never really gave us good enough play to earn a NBA look . He leaves and develops into a possible NBA prospect ? Williams had to leave , no doubt ,but here he never showed an NBA level skill set .

Possibly because he has his head up his ass until Mike pulled it out and sent him packing?

zebradynasty

In the direction he was going he wouldn't have gotten a chance to tryout for the local city league team! I don't think anyone is under the illusion that he is Golden States 6 man off the bench. Because of salary cap issues GS will probably loose some reserves to make room for big salary bumps KD and Step will get. So if you can get a kid that will fit a ROLE at the league minimum...GS will do it. Unless they are looking for extra shooters JaCorey's has freakish long arms and can run like a deer and seems comfortable running the court. So he can play a role off the bench the fact that he turned himself around to earn an opportunity to play pro-ball...I think MA deserves a little credit.

NoogaHog

Glad he seemed to turn it around. But it definitely was not going to be at Arkansas. I wish him well and followed him occasionally at MTSU.

I hope he does well and gets to make some REAL $100 bills.  ;)
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

HogFoo

this.   Him being kicked off the Hogs is what made him focus more on what could change his future and that was basketball.    One could definitely say that Mike may have changed his life.  I hope one day that JW talks to Mike and tells him 'thank you'.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Dirty

Really think he is going to make it there?  Who's leaving? 

NoogaHog

Probably not, but he gets a shot. Who knows?
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

ShadowHawg

Could help him make a D league team. Not bad for a guy that wants to play basketball for a living for a while.

Iwastherein1969

good luck to J. Williams....I've got a feeling when the Warriors run out of backboards because of shattered glass, a certain former Hog might get cut
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dirty on June 27, 2017, 11:29:19 am
Really think he is going to make it there?  Who's leaving?

The Golden st team you saw last year will not stay intact for much longer, no way you can have up too 4 max players on one team, not enough money to go around and not enough room for ego. 

Also, igoudola is a free agent.   Not that they brought in Williams to replace igouldola

Supermark101

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 27, 2017, 10:50:23 pm
The Golden st team you saw last year will not stay intact for much longer, no way you can have up too 4 max players on one team, not enough money to go around and not enough room for ego. 

Also, igoudola is a free agent.   Not that they brought in Williams to replace igouldola

You obviously don't pay much attention. They are the most unselfish egoless team, probably ever. It's what makes them so good. Durant has said he will take less to stay.

Williams could catch on. They will need minimum guy on he bench.

hogmolar

Quote from: Supermark101 on June 28, 2017, 09:16:51 am
You obviously don't pay much attention. They are the most unselfish egoless team, probably ever. It's what makes them so good. Durant has said he will take less to stay.

This right here.  Durant even made a statement today that he is going to wait until after GS conducts all their business before he resigns with them. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Supermark101 on June 28, 2017, 09:16:51 am

Oh I have paid attention to them all the way back to Mark Jackson coaching Klay and Steph and drafting Draymond.  They are all extremely unselfish on the court and it is the reason for their success, however success breeds what I believe is to  come.  You are already starting to see it, Klay and george have had talks about possibly teaming up in LA.  Sure, Durant says he will take less, but steph is going to have to be paid, he is making the least of the 4 I believe.  Klay is going to demand close to max or take a hike, I also think Draymond will demand a close to max.  I just don't believe all 4 of these guys sign another contract for more than possibly a 1 year option with Golden State.  For the same reason I said this last year here, I don't think they can keep up the depth on the bench unless they do it by the draft, livingston with the way his career has gone is going to probably shop himself when comes time because of his career with injuries and being under paid and I think you are going to see Iggy do the same thing where as Golden state can't afford to really retain these guys unless they take West type pay cuts.  Also remember they lost the guy that put all of this together and new how to always make numbers work out, he's now in LA.

Supermark101

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 28, 2017, 10:35:15 am
Oh I have paid attention to them all the way back to Mark Jackson coaching Klay and Steph and drafting Draymond.  They are all extremely unselfish on the court and it is the reason for their success, however success breeds what I believe is to  come.  You are already starting to see it, Klay and george have had talks about possibly teaming up in LA.  Sure, Durant says he will take less, but steph is going to have to be paid, he is making the least of the 4 I believe.  Klay is going to demand close to max or take a hike, I also think Draymond will demand a close to max.  I just don't believe all 4 of these guys sign another contract for more than possibly a 1 year option with Golden State.  For the same reason I said this last year here, I don't think they can keep up the depth on the bench unless they do it by the draft, livingston with the way his career has gone is going to probably shop himself when comes time because of his career with injuries and being under paid and I think you are going to see Iggy do the same thing where as Golden state can't afford to really retain these guys unless they take West type pay cuts.  Also remember they lost the guy that put all of this together and new how to always make numbers work out, he's now in LA.

So that Lakers are going to take Klay over Lebron?

Actually they can keep them all fairly easier, if they are willing to spend the money.

http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-curry-contract-precedent-warriors-kevin-durant-free-agency-2017-6

There is a lot of cap manipulation that can be done. Plus the cap goes up, just in time to sign Klay and Green

onebadrubi

Quote from: Supermark101 on June 28, 2017, 11:12:00 am
So that Lakers are going to take Klay over Lebron?

Actually they can keep them all fairly easier, if they are willing to spend the money.

http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-curry-contract-precedent-warriors-kevin-durant-free-agency-2017-6

There is a lot of cap manipulation that can be done. Plus the cap goes up, just in time to sign Klay and Green

Lebron came out yesterday and said he wasn't going to LA, fwiw.   

Also, yes cap manipulation is possible, which is why these guys are signing short deals with opt outs.  You won't see a Durant or lebron sign a 4-5 year deal for the next few years because of the incline in cap space. 

Arky

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 26, 2017, 11:14:55 am
I expect more from someone with 14k posts
what in the hell does post count have to do with anything

husker71

I think JaCorey could become an off the bench lockdown defender especially with a team that he can be their 5th option for a few minutes.   

Supermark101

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 28, 2017, 12:57:38 pm
Lebron came out yesterday and said he wasn't going to LA, fwiw.   

Also, yes cap manipulation is possible, which is why these guys are signing short deals with opt outs.  You won't see a Durant or lebron sign a 4-5 year deal for the next few years because of the incline in cap space.

It was reported that Lebron will not go to the clippers, it said nothing about the Lakers. I cant see him staying in Cleveland.

I could absolutely see KD signing a long term deal, if he's serious about taking less to keep the team together.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Supermark101 on June 29, 2017, 04:16:39 am
It was reported that Lebron will not go to the clippers, it said nothing about the Lakers. I cant see him staying in Cleveland.

I could absolutely see KD signing a long term deal, if he's serious about taking less to keep the team together.

Was reported last night that GS is most importantly and focused on signing KD and Steph next.   They being GS believe they can max Steph and shave KD's salary 3 mil short of max and retain at least Livingston and hopefully Iggy.   Iggy is shopping himself as he should for max pay on possibly his last multi year contract of his career. 

Fwiw I could be completely wrong, but I just don't see GS being able to resign all 4 big guys to 4-5 year deals.   And I'm the biggest fan of them sticking together!  I think GS will continue to look for someone's that. An fill Greens shoes should he depart and I think klay may have one foot out the door.