Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs vs Tide predictions?

Started by Anson Marlow, September 18, 2006, 02:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Anson Marlow

/list]

Doug

Close game.  Strong Bama D vs. strong 'Backs O.  WeakBama O vs weak 'Backs D.  I give the edge to the Razorbacks because of the MM passing game to unlimited receivers.  :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

HogFaninGA

Bama 24 AR 17      Reasons: 1. AR defense is weak especially against the rush (bama like to run)
                                      2. Coaching--Bama will be better prepared like all teams are
                                                         against AR.
                                      3.  It seems like we can't beat a ranked team at RRS.

Root Hog

24-9 Bama.  

Herring's defense is woeful.  FG kicker goes 3 for 7 and Nutt calls the kicking game a bright spot.

Idahog

September 18, 2006, 02:06:18 pm #4 Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 02:07:57 pm by Idahog
Quote from: Douglas on September 18, 2006, 02:04:06 pm
Close game.  Strong Bama D vs. strong 'Backs O.  WeakBama O vs weak 'Backs D.  I give the edge to the Razorbacks because of the MM passing game to unlimited receivers.  :)

Agreed.

Edit:  Although the last time I thought it'd be a closer game we got smoked, and the times I've thought we'd smoke em we were played a lot closer than I expected...  so I guess that nullifies my opinion.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

jman

Unfortunately until we can bring it every week from both sides of the ball, I have to favor teams like alabama against us and dont forget that playing at RRS seems to be a "CURSE" not a home field advantage like it should be.  I say close hard fought game, very physical cause these teams dont like each other.  Wish I could say "HOGS WIN, HOGS WIN".  Not the case right now.

Bama   17

ARK     16

Bama-Dan-in-AR

Bama 24
Ark    17

Bama's D will shake MM and the Tide's O is starting to show signs of life and will take advantage of ARK's depleted LBing core.

badIntentions

I can talk better than Lou Holtz with spoonfull of peanut butter in my mouth.

King-Tusk

September 18, 2006, 02:09:34 pm #8 Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 02:12:34 pm by King-Tusk
Over the last two weeks, many people have predicted blow-outs against our competition.  I hope that we can continue to get better on offense, but our difficulty level in the SEC is only getting higher.  Our defense MUST step up big to keep us in these games going forward through the season. 

I think the offense will get better each week and this week we again score more per game than the previous week.

Kicking game was much improved and was competant until the wonderful decision to go for it on 4th and 18 after the penalty.  Way to tarnish a bright spot on an average performance.

Arkansas 24
Alabama  21
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

kitshicker

Hogs-20
Tide-17
Should be a close one, I have more confidence in our kicking game now...

Anson Marlow

Quote from: Bama-Dan-in-AR on September 18, 2006, 02:07:41 pm
Bama 24
Ark    17

Bama's D will shake MM and the Tide's O is starting to show signs of life and will take advantage of ARK's depleted LBing core.

I listened to the Monroe game, are you serious?
/list]

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DeltaBoy

Hogs 22
Tide  21 :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

artyhog

solix

hogs 35
bama 21

offense starts to gel and we don't drop passes
defense steps and returns one to the house

Calico_Hog

urhogdaddi

Hogs,....Nutt,......Heath,......Polish Sausage

camden5r

Hogs-21

Tide- 17

GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hogsNbeer

Crimson Tide     27
Hogs                17

Our Offense is getting better, but won't be enough to overcome the shortcomings of our awful Defense.  Bama will rack up rushing yards, and will be able to throw on us more than we will against them......  It's  :puke: to have to say it.......   If we can only muster 170 yards rushing against Vandy, then it just doesn't look good for us...

jman

Oh the love being shown for our hogs in this thread.  C'mon hog fans, I know we all want them to win but, how can they beat a team like alabama if they dont have any D and honestly dont have a proven offense either at this point.  hogs lose.

THROWITDEEP

September 18, 2006, 02:21:42 pm #20 Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 02:25:23 pm by THROWITDEEP
Arkansas 24

Alabama 13

Richard_white

Bama 17

Hogs 14

I see us starting off fast and leading until the 4th quater.

The defense will cost us this game.

Inigo Montoya

ConwayHog

GuvHog

Quote from: jman on September 18, 2006, 02:21:41 pm
Oh the love being shown for our hogs in this thread.  C'mon hog fans, I know we all want them to win but, how can they beat a team like alabama if they dont have any D and honestly dont have a proven offense either at this point.  hogs lose.

I agree with you about the Hogs defensive problems but one thing catches my eye. Bama
could only manage ONE TD against Vandy but the Hogs had THREE touchdowns. I don't
think Bama's Offense will blow any SEC team out.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

OnYourToes

September 18, 2006, 02:29:49 pm #25 Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 02:33:16 pm by OnYourToes
Hogs - 42
Elephants - 37

Our D doesn't show up
MM goes nuts (notice only 1 "t") - 5 TD passes
DMAC IS 100% 178 yards rushing / 210 all purpose.  2TD - 1 rush 1 pass
FJ 103 yards rushing / 145 all purpose.  1 TD catch
Monk - 2 TD
Williams - 1 TD

Their D doesn't show up
Darby rips us a new one - 4 TD
1 INT for TD
One missed PAT, it's contagious, one field goal.

Can you say SHOOTOUT.

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

go hogues

This is a must win game and I see Nutt really using whatever positive vibes came from the "win" this past weekend and getting the team ready to pull off a close win against Bama.  If Nutt loses this one, I do not think he will be fired the next day, but it will pretty much seal his fate imo.

Hogs- 24 (TD's-McFadden (1), FJ (1) and Monk/Cleveland (1))(FG's-1) We will have a missed field goal too.
Tide- 20 (TD's- Darby (2)) (FG's-2)

Afterwards, we will see without a doubt that Arkansas' D cannot stop the run and we will be loathing the 14 days until we have to go to Auburn and get beat by 30+.  But hey, 3-1 going into Auburn is what most of us expected!
Can't wait till Saturday!!! GHG!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

jhog45

Hogs-27
Tide-17

For whatever reason, Alabama has been a team we traditionally match up well against. We have beat them 3 of the last 4 times on the Hill (exception being 2002). I like what i have seen of our offense but i still think Gus has some wrinkles we have not seen yet and this may be the week we see some of them. Our D has me worried, but the Bama offense is nothing to be fearful of! Trust me! They are a power running team without the power running! First road start for new QB too. Vandy held them to 13 and i believe we will do about the same. And this is not a typical Tide defense, at least not yet. I dont think there is any way they hold us to under 20 points. Crawford/Williams have big games and Hillis gets more involved this week! Hogs win!!

Bama Possum

I just joined up as a friendly Bama fan. Not going to come on your board and stick burrs up your tailpipes.

While I think the game will be close, and I am not going to predict a winner, I think there are some folks here that are misinterpreting Bama's strengths and weaknesses.

1. Bama has been passing more than rushing for the 1st three games. JPW is averaging 228 yds a game passing. Keith Brown is the number one receiver in the SEC right now, and DJ Hall is back. You've got one really good corner, Bama has two really good receivers.

2.  Turnover margin- (A key to this game) Alabama is number one in the SEC at +5. Arkansas is dead last at -7. Bama averages 2 takeaways a game. Arkansas gives away 2.

3. Alabama's offense isn't as bad as you would think.  They just goofed up in the red zone in the first two games.  2 fumbles and one TOD. Alabama has been to the red zone more than any other team in the SEC...16 times.

4. The Utah pass problem was taken care of against Vandy. It worked again against ULM because Simpson was suspended for the game.

Not saying Alabama is going to win. The offense is still gelling and getting over its flakiness. The defense is young.I am saying that stopping the run won't stop Bama like so many think.

fire_hog

Bear Bryant's ghost:   31
Houston Nutt's toast:  27
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

go hogues

Quote from: Bama Possum on September 18, 2006, 02:38:10 pm
3.  Alabama has been to the red zone more than any other team in the SEC...16 times.

You also have not played anybody.  Welcome to the board though.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Bama Possum

Quote from: go hogues on September 18, 2006, 02:48:59 pm
Quote from: Bama Possum on September 18, 2006, 02:38:10 pm
3.  Alabama has been to the red zone more than any other team in the SEC...16 times.

You also have not played anybody.  Welcome to the board though.

I will pretty much agree there, but both have played Vandy. Hawaii is ranked #55 in the nation. Utah State is #113. That is only 6 from dead last. I would say the outing against USC did not fair very well.

go hogues

Not saying that we have (except for USC) I was just stating the explanation for stat #3 that you listed. 

Nashville Fan

AR 7
Bama 6

D needs to prove something. BTW - Bama Possum - Why do people from bama drive 45 in the HOV lane in Nashville? They are worse than Okies in NWA.
Pittman or Bust!

Chappeee

To quote Howard Cosell:

"For the Crimson Tide, will come the ultimate prize, Victory, by a score of 38 to 10."

JBucc

ARK-35
BAMA-27

Why? Because neither team can stop the run and we finally get some turnovers.
Read the guidelines for signature images.

tennhogfan

Tiredofhogssucking

Bama-31
Ark 20

Houston won't let Gus open the offense we have the lead going into the 4th Qtr (20-17) and Houston wants Gus to run off-tackle the rest of the game!  Bama takes the lead with 4 minutes to go....at 24-17....and then in desparation, Mitch is given the chore of trying to bring us back and takes us to the Bama 20 before he throws his 1st pick of the game and it gets returned for a TD!  Game gets out of hand in the 4th Qtr .....

Razorbacks lose and the score doesn't tell how close the game really is!

Hogville.net servers go down because of all of the traffic on the message boards talking about the offense and Houston and the defense and the kicking game, etc.

hogfancb

Pig Power

It saddens me, but I think Bama will win  :'(

Tide       24
Hogs      20

joedirt

Arkansas 31
Alabama 10

Offense keeps improving and Defense steps up BIG TIME at home.

Hawgfan23

National Championship, 6 Final Fours, 9 Elite Eights, 14 Sweet Sixteen Appearances, 27 NCAA Bids, 93 First Team All-Conferences Selections -- 31 Conference Titles.

Tradition Speaks for Itself.

texhog

pigture perfect

High scoring

35 UA
34 UA

haven't decided which one yet.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razorbackfan4life

Arkansas 28

Alabama  10

once again my optimism rules the day

LRPig

HatfieldHog

'Bama 17 -- Arkansas 13

Bama's defense is gonna give us, and our running game, real trouble.  Bama's offense is gonna find it eaiser going against our Defense, than they did against Vandy.

Sad, but that's the way it looks from here.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Hogeye_Pierce

If our D shows up to play: Hogs-21 Bama-17

If the D plays like it has the first three games: Bama 31, Hogs 20

PLUS, as our Tider Insider has pointed out, we have a -7 turnover margin. We turn the ball over even TWICE against Bama and don't get any of our own then we are TOAST.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

TOM "tbw1"

Hogs - 24
Bama - 14

Guvhog has it backwards--Bama 24, Arkansas 22

Second week missed FG tells the tale
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?