Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Georgia looking at hiring Pitino

Started by MountieDawg, March 11, 2018, 08:24:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MountieDawg

From Mark Fox the clean guy to the dirtiest of the dirty! 
SEC!

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

gmarv54

Cal. and Pearl could be his mentor,if he is concerned how cheating works in the sec.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hog_Fink

raz1965

Hoggish1

Quote from: hogcards on March 11, 2018, 08:45:36 am
Can't see it happening.

Why not?  Everybody else has come to the SEC why not him?

Hoggish1

Quote from: gmarv54 on March 11, 2018, 08:51:33 am
Cal. and Pearl could be his mentor,if he is concerned how cheating works in the sec.

Wrong.  They will be the first ones to pay him a visit to find out how it was done at Louisville to improve their game in the SEC.

jbcarol

Pitino is by percentage the winningest coach in the SEC since the Razorbacks joined the league.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Inhogswetrust

Maybe it's supposed to read Ricardo Pitino..........
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hawganatic

Dirty or not he's a great coach and will have Georgia competing for championships in a few years.  That is assuming he doesn't have a show cause thrown on him.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell
‏ @Michael_Carvell

ESPN analyst: Rick Pitino's name mentioned in relation to Georgia opening

QuoteIf Georgia wants to put itself on the college basketball map, reaching for former Louisville coach Rick Pitino would be one way to do it. His name is being mentioned for the Bulldogs job that became vacant on Saturday with the dismissal of Mark Fox, according to ESPN college basketball analyst Jay Williams.

While Pitino's success on the court speaks for itself, this could be seen as an extremely risky hire after he was fired from Louisville due to, among many things, the payment of recruits and hiring of prostitutes to entertain prospects. Pitino has vehemently fought against the allegations for his firing that occurred in October 2017 after a unanimous vote by the school's board of directors.

From the same network who aired programming urging current players to boycott the 2018 NCAA Tournament.

A school hiring Pitino might have to show cause for an extended period of time.

bville_hog

March 11, 2018, 11:46:20 am #13 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 11:57:27 am by bville_hog
They allowed Peral, Howland and other dirty coaches to come in and to continue cheating, why not Pitino?

raz1965

So many believe fake news, guess that's why it's so popular.

Tusks

By the time the FBI is done Cal, Howland, Pearl, Kennedy, Johnson may not even be coaching.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

phadedhawg

Rick got some coaching left in him.  Georgia would be dumb to not consider him.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

bkjbearcat

Wow...I guess Georgia is taking basketball seriously and wants to win... I guess some schools want to win. Others just want nostalgia.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bkjbearcat on March 11, 2018, 01:58:05 pm
Wow...I guess Georgia is taking basketball seriously and wants to win... I guess some schools want to win. Others just want nostalgia.

Kewl story Hanz
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 11, 2018, 08:24:57 am
From Mark Fox the clean guy to the dirtiest of the dirty!

If you realize the NCAA is going to allow the "circus" to continue, are you dumb for not joining when talking about as much revenue dollars there are now at stake? 

As we have seen time and time again, the NCAA does not have a spine for their rules.  So why not go after a coach who knows how to play the game and coach?  Auburn just did it with no repercussions. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: tusked on March 11, 2018, 12:02:39 pm
By the time the FBI is done Cal, Howland, Pearl, Kennedy, Johnson may not even be coaching.

We may wish, but I wouldn't hold my breath

gratefulhogg

If Hilary can still ride with Bill after the Monica situation, I can still ride with the Hogs after a Defeat!

SamBuckhart

If aubbie gets theirs, why not geo.  :puke: aubbie   :puke: geo
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Mjs84

Screw it!  Let's just outbid Georgia!

stan the man

He'll never coach again. Anyone who hires him would nuts

nwahogfan1

Quote from: tusked on March 11, 2018, 12:02:39 pm

I hope you are right but until I see the first guy go to jail or may a huge fine or at least lose his job I will believe nothing.

SooieGeneris

Maybe that's why Pitino's #1 shill, Dckless Vitale, was talking during the SECCG about Georgia being "a peach of a job."

Who would he root his arse off for in a game between UGA and UK if this happened? Are there any Italian restaurants in Atlanta with extra strong tables close to the infamous Gold Club?
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 11, 2018, 01:16:03 pm
Rick got some coaching left in him.  Georgia would be dumb to not consider him.

I'm sure the local penitentiary has a basketball team he can coach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pigcrazy

The SEC won't let this happen. They can't.... Just use some common sense here....

gratefulhogg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 11, 2018, 07:37:34 pm
I'm sure the local penitentiary has a basketball team he can coach.
Haha, he'd fit right in.
If Hilary can still ride with Bill after the Monica situation, I can still ride with the Hogs after a Defeat!

cram224

I would take Pitino in a heartbeat at Ark. A win is a win is a win. Some people have ways to get there, right now we don't.

jackflash

Hiring Pitino at Georgia wouldn't surprise me

tusksincolorado

Quote from: jackflash on March 12, 2018, 01:29:08 pm
Hiring Pitino at Georgia wouldn't surprise me

Run a clean program and win it the right way....

Or run a Program that cheats and win it for the money....

I guess parents don't care anymore or they wouldn't send their children to these type Programs....

and people wonder why society is the way it is nowadays....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

husker71

It would shock me.  So many others out there to select from and Georgia could be a really good job talent wise.  Atlanta and that area loaded with talent.  Pitino cannot get a major conference job IMHO.

WorfHog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2018, 01:51:25 pm
Run a clean program and win it the right way....

Or run a Program that cheats and win it for the money....

I guess parents don't care anymore or they wouldn't send their children to these type Programs....

and people wonder why society is the way it is nowadays....

They're the ones getting paid haha

systemroot

Georgia would be better off shutting down their basketball program.

hobhog

Quote from: cram224 on March 12, 2018, 12:23:52 am
I would take Pitino in a heartbeat at Ark. A win is a win is a win. Some people have ways to get there, right now we don't.

Disturbing.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell
‏ @Michael_Carvell

After visit to Athens, Thad Matta remains main target for UGA

QuoteUGA and Matta have discussed parameters of a potential deal, the person familiar with the search also said.

It doesn't appear that Georgia has interviewed anyone else, and it's not clear if any interviews are set up yet. UGA representatives contacted Tom Crean, the former Indiana and Marquette head coach, but it hasn't gone further than that yet.

Matta was also reportedly at Ole Miss on March 1.

steveaustin69

This has never had a shred of legitimacy