Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Morris PC After Scrimmage

Started by TebowHater, March 03, 2018, 08:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

It's still funny that that CCM's biggest supporter refuses to put ANY number on first year wins. Instead he degrades the players here. I mean in Twist's mind he's the greatest coach who ever occupied the HC position at Arkansas but yet will argue that 6 wins next year is near impossible.
I would like to also add if CCM doesn't get to 6 wins next year I won't be the person moaning and calling for his job. I'm a Hog fan and will support whoever the HC is at Arkansas..except Nutt. All this talk is meaningless as results on the field will prove if CCM is the coach we all hope he is.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

bennyl08

Quote from: LRrazorback on March 07, 2018, 08:01:20 pm
Maybe Benny is Gentle Ben

Only gentle ben I'm familiar with is the bear. I don't remember the bear being very wordy.

If we're going talking animals, I'd like to submit my choice as Blood.

If you haven't seen that movie, well worth a watch.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 07, 2018, 11:45:42 pm
I mean in Twist's mind he's the greatest coach who ever occupied the HC position at Arkansas but yet will argue that 6 wins next year is near impossible.

When did I argue that?

Never said greatest....never said 6 - I said we gave the fat, drunk guy 5 years - let's simmer down and get ready to give CCM the same opportunity. Who cares about the win total in year 1 honestly, if we wins 10 great, if he wins 6 great - I'm more worried about years 3-5.

#5yrplan

Go Hogs.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

From Tusk Till Dawn

If its ok to throw out the overall schedule and only pick 3 total seasons out of 5, I would like to remember CBB for seasons 2-4 with a record 22-17. 

twistitup

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 08, 2018, 07:22:35 am
If its ok to throw out the overall schedule and only pick 3 total seasons out of 5, I would like to remember CBB for seasons 2-4 with a record 22-17. 

Not throwing out anything....if you are at a school 5 years- the trajectory should be pointing up...years 3-5 SHOULD be better
than 1-2

It's what killed our last coach - trajectory of program.

From Tusk Till Dawn

One would hope but the point remains you want to give the new regime two throway years but dont grant the same logic to the old regime.

jkstock04

Quote from: twistitup on March 08, 2018, 05:06:15 am
When did I argue that?

Never said greatest....never said 6 - I said we gave the fat, drunk guy 5 years - let's simmer down and get ready to give CCM the same opportunity. Who cares about the win total in year 1 honestly, if we wins 10 great, if he wins 6 great - I'm more worried about years 3-5.

#5yrplan

Go Hogs.
In the scenerio that he pulls a Bielema and goes 0-fer in conference year one, my mind will be made up in year 1...same as my mind was with Bielema. Bielema musing about it to cap it off was a cherry on top, but regardless that record would be all I need to see to make my mind up.

We gotta show some signs of life this season.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 08, 2018, 07:59:01 am
In the scenerio that he pulls a Bielema and goes 0-fer in conference year one, my mind will be made up in year 1...same as my mind was with Bielema. Bielema musing about it to cap it off was a cherry on top, but regardless that record would be all I need to see to make my mind up.

We gotta show some signs of life this season.
ok. i'll agree with you. HOWEVER- the chances of us winning zero are quite small. Much more likely he'll win 2-4 SEC games.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jkstock04

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 08, 2018, 08:16:52 am
ok. i'll agree with you. HOWEVER- the chances of us winning zero are quite small. Much more likely he'll win 2-4 SEC games.
Those are my expectations as well.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

twistitup

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 08, 2018, 07:33:38 am
One would hope but the point remains you want to give the new regime two throway years but dont grant the same logic to the old regime.

CBB had 5 throw away years.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

oldhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 07, 2018, 08:02:17 pm
I'm not sure that many considered the Petrino hire as a "safe hire". Big time coach, sure. But a "safe hire" given his track record? Maybe not so much. Ford and Bielema? Sure.

What we tend to forget about Hatfield at Air Force (a service academy mind you with a lot of recruiting disadvantages) was that he took them from this, to this:

1979: 2-9
1980: 2-9
1981: 4-7
1982: 8-5
1983: 10-2

I have to hand it to Hatfield, he was building a winning program under pretty extreme limitations.

As I recall, Hatfield coached AFA teams also beat Notre Dame three consecutive years.

Ironically, Morris's record at SMU somewhat mirrors Hatfield's record at AFA.

Perhaps a portent of things to come?  Would be nice.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: twistitup on March 08, 2018, 08:33:19 am
CBB had 5 throw away years.
The players probably would feel different.  Not sure that even therapy can help denial.   Either way, I will support the new staff and will pull for them to succeed just as I did the old.   I think they win 7 but will always take more. 

snoblind

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 08, 2018, 01:59:21 am
Only gentle ben I'm familiar with is the bear. I don't remember the bear being very wordy.

If we're going talking animals, I'd like to submit my choice as Blood.

If you haven't seen that movie, well worth a watch.

Classic ending.  Never try to come between a boy and his dog...

twistitup

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 08, 2018, 09:53:10 am
The players probably would feel different.  Not sure that even therapy can help denial.   Either way, I will support the new staff and will pull for them to succeed just as I did the old.   I think they win 7 but will always take more. 

Denial? It's a fact - CBB wasted 5 years and set our program back. Last year we did not look like contenders in the SEC - in his 5th year. Yes, he threw away 5 years.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: twistitup on March 08, 2018, 12:17:48 pm
Denial? It's a fact - CBB wasted 5 years and set our program back. Last year we did not look like contenders in the SEC - in his 5th year. Yes, he threw away 5 years.
We might have a different set of ideas on what a "fact" is but your passion is admirable.   We improved each year until the wheels came off at Mizzou in year 4.  Why would you throw that away?  Which is better 4,7,8 or 2,5,7?  Im hopeful for the team and the new staff.  Im not here to constantly defend the past but it also doesnt need rewritten.

twistitup

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 08, 2018, 01:57:02 pm
We might have a different set of ideas on what a "fact" is but your passion is admirable.   We improved each year until the wheels came off at Mizzou in year 4.  Why would you throw that away?  Which is better 4,7,8 or 2,5,7?  Im hopeful for the team and the new staff.  Im not here to constantly defend the past but it also doesnt need rewritten.

You enjoy defending the past...that's fine. I look at the past differently. Where you saw improvement, I saw at team struggling to gain an identity - mostly due to staff turnover. Who was CBB? What his philosophy? Nobody knows at this point - he was all over the place. Glad the circus is over....

At the very least, we now have an coach with an identity. Not one he borrowed from a big 10 school then changed on a whim - CCM has an identity that HE has developed - it means a lot.

Got to stand for something......

LRrazorback

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 07, 2018, 10:32:03 pm
A lot of that NFL talent was young and the revisionist paint a picture of a roster full of Sunday ready talent. There was attrition that greatly affected depth. Bielema should have won 2 or 3 more games but the program was a mess in more ways than one.

No.
Travis Swanson still a starter in the NFL was an upper class men, Chris Smith upperclassmen, Trey Flowers, Zach Hocker upperclassmen, Tevin Mitchell upperclassmen, I could go on. All these guys were drafted. Should've done better.  Why would you try and defend CBB and his record?

bythelake

Twist, you tripping?  Relax, we all know that it was time for CBB to be gone, no need for constantly bringing up the past.  Let it go.  We're all hoping for great things from CMM.