Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Base

Started by EconHawg, February 25, 2018, 06:57:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EconHawg

I always thought Gates was a better 3rd baseman than he got credit for last season,  but wow he looks good playing at first. Seems like he was making play after play there this week.  I'm no expert, but I would think he's got that spot locked down as long as he keeps playing like that.

Kevin

Has played above average so far
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tennesseehogwild

I'm all for this! One big hole that is hopefully filled. I just gotta think our defense gets better as the season goes on. Still optimistic about this team!

EconHawg

Same.  Wins are always nice to get, but this early in the season it's good to see developments like this.

BroyledNutts

If we could find someone to play third in the capacity Gates plays first, and we get these early season yips out of our system, we could be a lock down salty defense at the end of the year.

Kevin

Have not seen kenly in a while. Wonder what is up
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

EconHawg

I think Casey Martin's offense is too much to keep on the bench, but if we went into the 8th/9th with a lead I bet Kenley comes in.

EconHawg

Kostyshock was a pleasant surprise today as well. He gave us a chance to battle back in it late in the game.

And HOLY COW Matt Cronin. I don't know what they call the walk up song for when pitchers are warming up, but his should be Thunderstruck.

SPAL

Quote from: EconHawg on February 25, 2018, 09:13:03 pm
Kostyshock was a pleasant surprise today as well. He gave us a chance to battle back in it late in the game.

And HOLY COW Matt Cronin. I don't know what they call the walk up song for when pitchers are warming up, but his should be Thunderstruck.

It's called a ditty

JonClaudeVanHam

With Gates at first it also gives us the option of having Casey Martin be full-time at 3rd. Big fan of that kid.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.