Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 7 THREAD: #3 Arkansas (5-1, 0-0 SEC) @ San Diego (4-2, 0-0, WCC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 25, 2018, 10:28:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

#3 ARKANSAS vs San Diego
at San Diego, Cal. - Tony Gwynn Classic   Sunday Noon

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 7 THREAD
   #3 ARKANSAS ( 5-1, 0-0 SEC) vs San Diego (4-2 , 0-0) WCC)

This is game 3 of 3 games in the Tony Gwynn Classic in San Diego, Cal. which begins on Friday with Cal Poly at 3:00pm. The Razorbacks will face San Diego on Sunday at 12:00pm.

SUNDAY's First Pitch is set for 12:00pm central time and WILL BE TELEVISED on Cox Sports.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

Wisco Pig will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, , ucaHogfan, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, JHicks3636, HogFansReunited, Arkansas Traveler and Maddhog will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Thanks to "sevenof400" for the link.
                                                                          NATIONAL ANTHEM

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

0               12:00 p.m.                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
SDU                  |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

DaultonH

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

CollinsvilleHawg

If I read it correctly, this game will be played at Fowler Park (University of San Diego) instead of Tony Gwynn Stadium (SDSU).  If we are to believe Wikipedia, the dimensions of Fowler Park is substantially smaller than TG Stadium.  Hopefully this means some of those bombs we have been hitting will finally leave the park.  Either way....GHG!!!!

Fowler Park      Tony Gwynn Stadium
312 LF         340 LF
370 LCF      365 LCF
391 CF         412 CF
385 RCF            365 RCF
327 LF         340 RF

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: CollinsvilleHawg on February 25, 2018, 11:12:37 am
If I read it correctly, this game will be played at Fowler Park (University of San Diego) instead of Tony Gwynn Stadium (SDSU).  If we are to believe Wikipedia, the dimensions of Fowler Park is substantially smaller than TG Stadium.  Hopefully this means some of those bombs we have been hitting will finally leave the park.  Either way....GHG!!!!

Fowler Park      Tony Gwynn Stadium
312 LF         340 LF
370 LCF      365 LCF
391 CF         412 CF
385 RCF            365 RCF
327 LF         340 RF

You are correct, thank you sir

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 25, 2018, 11:16:23 am
You are correct, thank you sir
Along with it being a day game instead of a night game which brings the marine layer, our power should play better today.

CollinsvilleHawg

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 25, 2018, 11:26:21 am
Along with it being a day game instead of a night game which brings the marine layer, our power should play better today.

Which hopefully means bombs away!!! Put this game away early.

Wisco Pig

According to the team Twitter feed, Loseke starts today on the mound.

Pudgepork

Testing 1, 2, 3.    Whew, thanks.  Was worried I wouldn't make it thru the vetting.  GO HOGS

JHicks3636

Arkansas lineup

SS Biggers
RF Cole
CF Fletcher
DH Bonfield
LF Kjerstad
2B Shaddy
1B Gates
C. Opitz
3B Martin
P   Loseke

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 25, 2018, 11:37:01 am
Arkansas lineup

Biggers
Cole
Fletcher
Bonfield
Kjerstad
Shaddy
Gates
Opitz
Martin
With Koch struggling, this would have been the lineup I expected DVH to run out.  Will be interesting to see how Opitz handles his first collegiate start.

With Loseke starting, we have starters from Arkansas (2), Texas (3), New Jersey (1), California (1), Kansas (1), Colorado (1), and Oklahoma (1).

Wisco Pig

USD starting lineup

1 2b KUNST
2 rf  OTSUKA
3 c  SCHUYLER
4 cf GARDNER
5 1b McGUIRE
6 dh COLLARD
7 3b BEWLEY
8 lf HERBURGER
9 ss HOUGHTBY

p SPRENGEL

Nick Sprengel, a 6-1, 185-pound lefthander, was 9-1 last year with a 3.29 ERA in 14 starts.  Sprengel's a junior.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 25, 2018, 11:47:10 am
Nick Sprengel, a 6-1, 185-pound lefthander, was 9-1 last year with a 3.29 ERA in 14 starts.  Sprengel's a junior.
He was a high school teammate of former signee Nathan Rodriguez.  Spent the summer playing on Team USA with Koch.  Big time prospect as he can run it up to 96.  Think he has struggled with command some this spring so far, but will be one of the more talented arms we face this year.

SPAL

ucahogfan

Figure just about everyone but Murphy, Knight, Campbell, and Cronin will be available to throw today.

DaultonH

http://www.wccsports.com/ot/archive-events.html This link is working if any of you guys need a stream. Does not appear to have audio though.

Wisco Pig

To open the 1st for the Hogs:

Biggers, .273
Cole, .364
Fletcher, .217

Razorbacks#1

Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
SDU                  |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

SPAL

DaultonH

tennesseehogwild

dbaileyway7

SPAL

DaultonH

Update. Stream has audio. USD announcer said we are chanting sooie

HogFansReunited

Quote from: DaultonH on February 25, 2018, 12:01:58 pm
http://www.wccsports.com/ot/archive-events.html This link is working if any of you guys need a stream. Does not appear to have audio though.

I can't seem to find a stream for today's game.

Member #3568

SPAL

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

Hawgzinbowlz

Wisco Pig

Biggers leads off.  He gets ahead 3-0, but Sprengel runs it to a full count and then fans Biggers swinging.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 25, 2018, 12:10:01 pm
Biggers leads off.  He gets ahead 3-0, but Sprengel runs it to a full count and then fans Biggers swinging.
Chased a slider down and away.

Wisco Pig

Cole's next.   He gets ahead, 3-0, just like Biggers, but Sprengel again gets to a full count and strikes out Cole swinging.

Two outs.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 25, 2018, 12:11:54 pm
Cole's next.   He gets ahead, 3-0, just like Biggers, but Sprengel again gets to a full count and strikes out Cole swinging.

Two outs.
Cole also chased a slider down and out of the zone.

Wisco Pig

Fletcher steps in.   He gets behind, 1-2, and then strikes out swinging.

3 up, 3 down in the Hogs' 1st.

Wisco Pig

If the WCC Sports feed is a lot faster than my PBP, let me know.

Razorbacks#1

Arkansas      0  |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Wisco Pig

In the Toreros' 1st:

2b  Kunst, .276
rf  Otsuka, .464
c Schuyler, .323

SPAL

Wisco Pig

Kunst stands in.   He falls behind, 1-2, and then lines out to Fletcher.

Wisco Pig

Otsuka is next.   He gets behind, 1-2, and then grounds back to Loseke.   Two outs.

SPAL

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 1st                   0

Arkansas      0  |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Schuyler bats third.   Loseke gets ahead, 0-2, 1-2, and then Schuyler strikes out swinging.

End of 1 -- no score.