Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 6 THREAD: #3 Arkansas (4-1, 0-0 SEC) @ San Diego State (3-1, 0-0, MW)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 23, 2018, 10:02:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 24, 2018, 09:20:18 pm
Any chance you could speed that point along? I'm blowing through my Yeungling supply like mad with this west coast trip ...

You need to do a better job of inventory control.

swineology

Quote from: TheyCallMeHogLuver on February 24, 2018, 09:14:09 pm
Ridiculous to build ballparks this big to begin with AND in a place where the ball won't carry.  You are taking a part of the game away.

Exactly why WC teams play small ball.

ucahogfan

Biggers crushes one, but 2 inches foul.  Would have been at least a 2B and maybe a 3B.  At Baum, it might have snuck out just at the foul pole.  Would have probably stayed fair as it went foul just at the last second.

ucahogfan

That foul ball runs the count full, and Biggers pops out to the SS.

ucahogfan

BroyledNutts

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on February 24, 2018, 09:24:05 pm
You need to do a better job of inventory control.

I wasn't expecting to need this much nerve medicine this early in the season ...

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Razorbacks#1

1               Bot 5th                   1

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Arkansas       1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 1  | 3   
SDSU             0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 3   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PeabodyHawg

ucahogfan

Chapman runs the count full, and he gets caught looking as Chapman tries to steal a walk.  The HP ump said no way and rung his rear end up.  Campbell's 5th K.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

razCzar

ucahogfan

Maekawa caught looking on a fastball that paints the outside corner.  Campbell's 6th K.

ucahogfan

Escobedo grounds a 2 out single between Gates and Shaddy into RF.

BroyledNutts

Campbell starting to find his groove a little ... and as soon as I think that ... base hit Aztecs ... geez. Back to the fridge.

Pudgepork

Cample had thrown 66 pitches before this batter.   Lost my feed after the single

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 24, 2018, 09:32:51 pm
Campbell starting to find his groove a little ... and as soon as I think that ... base hit Aztecs ... geez. Back to the fridge.
Pull two...saves on steps.

ucahogfan

Hensley runs the count full, and he chases a changeup in the dirt.  2-3 putout completes the play.  Campbell's 7th K.

Razorbacks#1

2               Top 6th                   1

SDSU             0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  3  | 0  | 4   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Cole BOOM!  Cole crushes one over the RF wall.  His 2nd HR of the year is also his 3rd RBI.  He said take that marine layer.

2-1 Hogs.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 09:37:59 pm
Hensley runs the count full, and he chases a changeup in the dirt.  2-3 putout completes the play.  Campbell's 7th K.

Knight & Campell going to be a good 1-2 punch

Imagine last year with a healthy Campbell, Knight, & Stephen.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

BroyledNutts

By Golly you can hit one out at night!

Cole got every bit of that one ... off the Tony Gwynn banner way out in Right ...

razCzar

ucahogfan

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on February 24, 2018, 09:40:24 pm
Knight & Campell going to be a good 1-2 punch

Imagine last year with a healthy Campbell, Knight, & Stephen.
McKinney was scheduled to be the 3rd starter along with Knight and Campbell had he been healthy as well.  Stephen would have been our closer along with Scroggins.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Quote from: bulldog04 on February 24, 2018, 09:41:47 pm
Aaron Fity approves of Campbell
https://twitter.com/aaronfitt/status/967605063689498624
Impressive that he has not only held his velo, but actually gotten stronger.  Shown an excellent 4 pitch mix tonight as well.

SPAL

Just got home and put my hat on before this inning started. What did I miss?

ucahogfan

The Aztecs will make the call to the pen as Freshmen RHP Daniel Ritcheson will enter the game.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 24, 2018, 09:44:32 pm

Big Double by Biggers - LONG homer by Cole - strong pitching by Campbell ... and me burning through my Yeungling stash medicating my nerves ....

Amityvillehogger

Lots of baseballs dying at the track
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

trippigs

Good things.....a HR,walk and chased their pitcher!

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 09:42:09 pm
McKinney was scheduled to be the 3rd starter along with Knight and Campbell had he been healthy as well.  Stephen would have been our closer along with Scroggins.

That's what I was thinking. If McKinney can round into form there won't be a better SEC rotation outside of Florida.

ucahogfan

The marine layer has swallowed HRs by Gates and Kjerstad tonight.

War Boar

Definitely have a good showing from the crowd tonight. We're louder than the Aztec fans by far.

ucahogfan

Fletcher steals 2nd on an 0-2 pitch.  Fletcher's 1st steal of the year and 3rd for the Hogs.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Ark13 on February 24, 2018, 09:47:32 pm
Definitely have a good showing from the crowd tonight. We're louder than the Aztec fans by far.

Well done ... keep it up, you guys sound great on TV ...

SPAL

ucahogfan

seasonhog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 24, 2018, 09:39:04 pm

1               Top 6th                   1

SDSU             0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  3  | 0  | 4   

+1 to Razorback#1.....for keeping our box score......go Hogs

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 24, 2018, 09:49:28 pm
Be glad to get back to Baum.
Which is not really known as a hitter's haven, but anything is a hitter's haven compared to this.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: Ark13 on February 24, 2018, 09:47:32 pm
Definitely have a good showing from the crowd tonight. We’re louder than the Aztec fans by far.
Did you catch that one?  If so good catch,

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 09:50:37 pm
Which is not really known as a hitter's haven, but anything is a hitter's haven compared to this.

Makes one realize and appreciate the power the MLB guys exhibit while playing on the west coast ...

ucahogfan

Kjerstad just barreled one up (I know, shocking), but it was about 10 feet foul.  Would have been extra bases.

ucahogfan