Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunday cream unis (NOTE - DON'T read if you hate uniform threads)

Started by WizardofhOgZ, February 19, 2018, 05:49:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

I noticed we wore our new version of the very popular cream colored uniforms Sunday.  When I saw them I knew something was a little "off", but couldn't place it at first.  Then, I figured it out.

These unis have no red piping around the collar and buttons.  Makes the new uniform look very plain to me.  Plus, they made the numbers bigger and moved the Nike check down so it looks like it's sitting on top of the numbers.  Bad spacing, IMO.

Yes, yes . . . I'm thrilled with the way the team played, which is the big deal.  And I know they needed to make some modifications to the texture of the cream unis, as many players had complained about there being comfort issues.  But WHY change the look of them, when so many have raved about them? 

Picture of how the uniforms used to look (2017):

Picture of 2018 version, from yesterday:

SPAL

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 19, 2018, 05:55:47 pm
I actually prefer the new ones.

We'll see what others have to say, but I believe you are going to be clearly in the minority.  Of course, most don't really care so long as we play as we did over the weekend, and I understand that sentiment. 

SPAL

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 19, 2018, 06:02:25 pm
We'll see what others have to say, but I believe you are going to be clearly in the minority.  Of course, most don't really care so long as we play as we did over the weekend, and I understand that sentiment. 

I usually am

Springfield_MO_Razorback

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

bodycounTT

I like the new ones better. The sleeve length looks to be a better comfort. Also, aren't Hog fans always wanting to keep it simple? They looked sharp and simple to me. Definitely my favorites that they're rolling out this year.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ThisTeetsTaken

Also, what did everyone think of our new Friday and Saturday unis?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hawgey-Davidson

oldhawg

Will admit that I fall in the "I don't care" group.  Thought that both 2017 & 2018 uniforms looked really good.  Just want the Razorbacks to keep playing well.

Looking forward to this weeks competition in San Diego.  Should be a good early season barometer to measure the Hog's potential.

ricepig

The new uniforms are sharp, I really like the new "cream" Sunday ones.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2018, 07:22:55 pm
The new uniforms are sharp, I really like the new "cream" Sunday ones.
So . . . you're saying you like the "new cream" unis better than the "prior cream" unis?  Like them both the same?  Don't care?

FATHAWG08

I like the new cream uniform as well as the Friday & Saturday uniform
I love off season Football!!

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 19, 2018, 07:08:12 pm
Also, what did everyone think of our new Friday and Saturday unis?

When they came out Friday I was like "Uh, what is that - that shoulder cap is goofy." But they grew on me. Saturday was less noticeable - they didn't look bad. The wife liked the pin striped pants.

Sunday's throwbacks didn't bother me. I actually didn't notice the differences in design until late in the game. The piping around the collar would've been a nice add, but overall they still look sharp. I think the leg stripe is more pronounced, and the design on the left sleeve is larger than previous. Those new uniforms would probably look pretty sharp hoisting a trophy in Omaha.

JHicks3636

As long as the pants come just below the knees and you have stirrup socks, the uniforms are fine by me.

southarkhog06

I really like the new ones as well, SPAL.

I do agree with OP about the NIKE symbol, I thought it was a little too close to the number.

ricepig

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 19, 2018, 08:26:16 pm
So . . . you're saying you like the "new cream" unis better than the "prior cream" unis?  Like them both the same?  Don't care?

New>Old

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 19, 2018, 09:48:33 pm
When they came out Friday I was like "Uh, what is that - that shoulder cap is goofy." But they grew on me. Saturday was less noticeable - they didn't look bad. The wife liked the pin striped pants.

Sunday's throwbacks didn't bother me. I actually didn't notice the differences in design until late in the game. The piping around the collar would've been a nice add, but overall they still look sharp. I think the leg stripe is more pronounced, and the design on the left sleeve is larger than previous. Those new uniforms would probably look pretty sharp hoisting a trophy in Omaha.

That was my take on the Friday home whites as well. In the pre season photos I hated the red on the shoulders and sleeves. But, after seeing them in action I like them. Nike gave our boys some sharp threads this year!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 19, 2018, 09:48:33 pm

Pretty sure we've been wearing the unis we sported Saturday - jersey and pants - for the last few years; they weren't new.  Friday's uni's were brand new, and - as discussed - the Sunday unis were updates to a look we've worn the last 3-4 years.

azhog10

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: bodycounTT on February 19, 2018, 06:51:40 pm
I like the new ones better. The sleeve length looks to be a better comfort. Also, aren't Hog fans always wanting to keep it simple? They looked sharp and simple to me. Definitely my favorites that they're rolling out this year.

I think many here are missing the point of the "throwback" cream colored unis, which was to evoke the look that players used to wear back in the Ty Cobb/Babe Ruth era.  Take a look at this picture of Cobb, and notice (a) the length of the sleeves, and (b) the piping around the neck and buttons - as last year's uniforms featured, but this year's doesn't.

The new version isn't a "bad" looking uniform; it just pales in comparison to the greatness of the prior throwbacks - IMO.  Those were the best looking unis we've ever sported, and I'm just a little disappointed that they discarded that style.

I'll get over it, lol.  Just something I noticed.

kennymayne

I think the players complained about the way last year's fit, so, they didn't wear them. I liked the ones Sunday. I do wish it still had the red piping but other than that I like them. They look more comfortable for sure.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 20, 2018, 09:31:52 am
Pretty sure we've been wearing the unis we sported Saturday - jersey and pants - for the last few years; they weren't new.  Friday's uni's were brand new, and - as discussed - the Sunday unis were updates to a look we've worn the last 3-4 years.

From what I have noticed, it is the same design, but the white panel under the sleeve is a bit different this year due to Nike's new jersey template. The new home white reversed last year's red panel, which was also under the sleeve, and moved it to the shoulder and outer sleeve.

Do agree with you that the old cream looks better than the new.

SquidBilly

I think both jerseys look good.  I do see a more nostalgic look in the old jersey but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the new one either.  Maybe it is just the lighting but it does look like the numbers are a different shade of red from old to new.

bjl

I like the cream uni's, and don't mind the newer look at all.  With that said, I prefer the piping to be there like last years jersey.  I wish the swoosh was smaller and up higher also. 

outlawhogeywells

swineology

I prefer the new ones, but I don't normally get involved in the GUD

TebowHater

The older ones for me, for sure. Those looked true throw back / retro style like they should. They were grade like the 64 uniforms in football.

These look like we tried to be all cutting edge and modern. If we are going cream, in brace the history - no need for the modern spin, that's what the regular uniforms are for.

Tony Perkis

I prefer the new one. I love a good uniform debate, then again I pay way more attention to uniforms across sports than I should.

MissippHog

Quote from: SquidBiily on February 20, 2018, 02:22:39 pm
I think both jerseys look good.  I do see a more nostalgic look in the old jersey but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the new one either.
^^