Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dirty, Dirty A&M

Started by twistitup, February 13, 2018, 02:22:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

War Boar

HogPharmer

Didn't you know? That's how Aggies wash their hands.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Sed76

God I hope we can beat those guys this year. The first few years when Arkansas was beating them their fans were always very cordial and polite. Now days even though we always take them to overtime a majority of their fans look at the Hogs as an easy win. Would like to thump them really good.

Hog10S

I hate to say it, but the Razorback tennis players are bad as well. They cheat and really act bad on the court.  Our #1 player is especially bad.  Maybe not spit in the hand before the shake, but they are close enough that I would not be surprised if they either have done it or after reading about the A&M player possibly doing it, thinking it's a great idea to try down the line. 

Sad. Our coach needs to reign that kind of behavior in.  It's not like the team is raking in the Top 10 NCAA rankings anymore.  Not since the 80's.  I hate to see a team act the way our can act and I know other teams do as well, but I'm not concerned as an alumni with any other teams, just the Hogs.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogPharmer on February 13, 2018, 03:04:08 pm
Didn't you know? That's how Aggies wash their hands.
Also their "bums". ;) :)

FutureMan

Tennis is an intense sport.  It's easy to lose your cool out there in a moment of rage.  That said though, spitting in your hand before the shake is disgraceful and inexcusable.  He's young, hopefully he learns from that mistake.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hog10S on February 13, 2018, 03:07:58 pm
I hate to say it, but the Razorback tennis players are bad as well. They cheat and really act bad on the court.  Our #1 player is especially bad.  Maybe not spit in the hand before the shake, but they are close enough that I would not be surprised if they either have done it or after reading about the A&M player possibly doing it, thinking it's a great idea to try down the line. 

Sad. Our coach needs to reign that kind of behavior in.  It's not like the team is raking in the Top 10 NCAA rankings anymore.  Not since the 80's.  I hate to see a team act the way our can act and I know other teams do as well, but I'm not concerned as an alumni with any other teams, just the Hogs.

Do individual sports especially say Tennis encourage and/or tolerate more dickish behavior than team sports?  I'm not saying it doesn't go on in team sports but is it more prevalent in individual sports where you are basically out for yourself. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Hog10S on February 13, 2018, 03:07:58 pm

How do you cheat in tennis?

FutureMan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 13, 2018, 04:21:08 pm
Do individual sports especially say Tennis encourage and/or tolerate more dickish behavior than team sports?  I'm not saying it doesn't go on in team sports but is it more prevalent in individual sports where you are basically out for yourself.

I think there is definitely some truth to this.  It is pure head-to-head competition.  It is me versus you to see who is better.  There is no one out there to help you and if you make a mistake, there is no one to blame but yourself.  And if you feel your opponent is wronging you or cheating you, it can get pretty heated. 
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

FutureMan

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on February 13, 2018, 04:31:27 pm
How do you cheat in tennis?

The biggest way to cheat in tennis is calling balls that were "in" as "out."  I'm not sure in NCAA tennis if every match has a chair umpire, but if no chair umpire is provided, you have to call the shots yourselves.  And if it is a big point and your opponent calls your ball out when you thought it was in, it can get really intense really fast.  I have played tennis my whole life and let me tell you, I have been in some intense situations regarding shot calls.
- E.E. Cummings

twistitup

Quote from: FutureMan on February 13, 2018, 04:14:02 pm
Tennis is an intense sport.  It's easy to lose your cool out there in a moment of rage.  That said though, spitting in your hand before the shake is disgraceful and inexcusable.  He's young, hopefully he learns from that mistake.

It was his first loss on the collegiate level - I guess he's been a stud coming up through the ranks...he needs to learn to lose better than that... I hate losing too, but damn
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....