Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

.500 in SEC means Hogs Are Back?

Started by oldbooniehog, February 10, 2018, 09:18:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbooniehog

A frequent topic on this board is the proclamation that the "Hogs ARE BACK!"

What that means is a return to the "Glory Days" when Arkansas basketball was ranked, good, an NCAA shoo-in, and nationally relevant.

Just curious. Since the Hogs are about to finally claw their way back to a .500 mark in the SEC late in the 2018 season, does that mean, once again, they "are back?"

BannerMountainMan

When we were 11-2 and an RPI of 4 we said the Hogs were back and they hadn't been in sync since then so don't bring up this troll topic
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

apcapri

No it means the league is as tough or tougher than it's ever been and so far they've done a decent job with their schedule.

WooPigFarm

blah blah blah blah blah...

during the game

razorpimp

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 09:18:06 pm

What that means is a return to the "Glory Days" when Arkansas basketball was ranked, good, an NCAA shoo-in, and nationally relevant.

Just curious. Since the Hogs are about to finally claw their way back to a .500 mark in the SEC late in the 2018 season, does that mean, once again, they "are back?"

To be honest Mike has brought the program back.....to being respectable.

But his time is up...even with these wins

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 10, 2018, 09:19:28 pm
When we were 11-2 and an RPI of 4 we said the Hogs were back and they hadn't been in sync since then so don't bring up this troll topic

^^^^

Trolls gon' troll.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

oldbooniehog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 10, 2018, 09:19:28 pm

My, my, my.

How quickly things do change, eh?

One day, #4 in RPI.

The next, about 7th or 8th place in the SEC.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 09:18:06 pm

Honestly. Who has said this in weeks?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HOGINTENNESSEE

Hopefully, we can go on another end of the year run.

Atleast we played defense the last 2 games

HogBreath

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 09:22:14 pm
My, my, my.

How quickly things do change, eh?

One day, #4 in RPI.

The next, about 7th or 8th place in the SEC.
Look, ole timer...just chill out and give Mike some time to get his players in here....okey dokey?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Letsroll1200

Tied in conference with Kentucky and A&M. I'll take after a 1-3 start

Breems

Needless pot-stirring. No one's saying we're back.

Delete this thread.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Breems on February 10, 2018, 09:35:20 pm

Delete this thread.
Yes. PLEASE delete thread

HiggiePiggy

Delete this thread.

I agree. We have many more games and some really tough ones coming up. We finish 11-7 or 10-8 then I would say we did pretty good this year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

oldbooniehog

Delete this thread.

Breems.

Honestly.

Here's why I asked the question.

I have heard, over and over and over, many, many times in the last 20 years or so that the Hogs "are back!

It was proclaimed after Heath got the Hogs to his first NCAA tournament.

It was said, many times, afer Pelphrey's Hogs beat Texas and Oklahoma (both in the Top 10 at the time) in only one week.

It's been said at several points since Mike took over coaching the Hogs, after a certain win, or string of wins.

The "Hogs ARE back!" was fairly trumpeted at the start of this season, but seems to have gone silent as of late.

Only it never seems to actually take, and despite all the claims, the Hogs never seem to be "back."

So, since the bar seems to keep being lowered all the time, just asking....

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 09:40:49 pm
Breems.

Honestly.

I have heard, over and over and over, many, many times in the last 20 years or so that the Hogs "are back!

It was said, many times, afer Pelphrey's Hogs beat Texas and Oklahoma (both in the Top 10 at the time) in only one week.

It's been said at several points since Mike took over coaching the Hogs, after a certain win, or string of wins.

The "Hogs ARE back!" was fairly trumpeted at the start of this season, but seems to have gone silent as of late.

Only it never seems to actually take, and despite all the claims, the Hogs never seem to be "back."

Message boards said that. No credible national source said that. Do you believe everything you read on message boards? God bless you old man.

Breems

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 09:40:49 pm
Breems.

Honestly.

The lifestyle of the ancient Romans was one in which personal comfort, pleasure and style were very important. The Romans developed traditions and a comfortable lifestyle to fit with their concept of family and community. The ancient Romans had an appreciation for hard work, practical thinking and discipline. Although they were sensible people, they had a desire for comfort and pleasure. .
             The Roman Empire included different people from all different cultures. They formed a society that worked together with very defined motivations. Despite the fact that their city was designed to be productive, they also designed it to be entertaining. They were remarkable builders. Their roads were superbly built and designed to enhance transportation for business and for leisure. .
             Rome was the core of their kingdom. All business and government was conducted there. Rome bustled with people, markets and shops, homes and apartments, beautiful temples and public buildings. Entertainment was very important to the Romans and Rome supplied that also. They celebrated state holidays; they frequented the theater, races, and sporting events.
             Rome was divided into two classes of people - patricians and plebeians. The Patricians or "protective fathers " were the privileged group of families. Many were senators who ruled Rome. They controlled politics and religion. The Patricians were also huge landowners. The Plebeians were all other Roman citizens or the common people. As in most cultures, status dictated the extent of the pleasures to be enjoyed.
             The family was the foundation of the Ancient Roman society. The word "familia referred to extended family including grandparents and even slaves. The head of the Roman household was the father of the family or the "paterfamilias". Although he had total power over every member of his family including their life or death, he was extremely caring for each member and worked to protect and strengthen his family unit.

oldbooniehog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 09:44:36 pm

Message boards said that. No credible national source said that. Do you believe everything you read on message boards? God bless you old man.

Razorback_Mack....seriously.

If I actually, truly, 100% believed, why would I ask the question?

Looking for answers, is all.

And there haven't been many answers for Hog fans in a long, long, long time, I'm afraid.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 09:46:30 pm
Razorback_Mack....seriously.

If I actually, truly, 100% believed, why would I ask the question?

Looking for answers, is all.

And there haven't been many answers for Hog fans in a long, long, long time, I'm afraid.
So you ask questions you know the answer to?

TROLL

I wouldn't look for answers on a message board, surely you're not that naive. Surely.

Breems

Dora Dora Dora the Explorerrrrrr (do do do da doooo)

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 09:50:12 pm
So you ask questions you know the answer to?

TROLL

I wouldn't look for answers on a message board, surely you're not that naive. Surely.

That and the question is regarding a statement no one has uttered in QUITE some time. No reason to bring this up except he's trying to troll. 

3kgthog

I'll say we're back when we get somewhere we've been multiple times before, the Final Four.

That said, at least tonight they finally put away a team that's Bielema-ing their way into the cellar. That's how it should be against the bottom portion of the SEC.

HoopS

Why do this?

It was a fun win. Let some of us enjoy it, will ya?

Nobody said this means we are back.

Why stir crap up?

oldbooniehog

Guys, seriously.

I am NOT trying to be a troll.

All I am is a Hog fan, who used to live, eat and breathe Hog basketball, who is sick and tired and tired and sick of Arkansas basketball being, at absolute best, mediocre.

Arkansas hasn't been to the Sweet 16 in 22 freakin' years!

I AM SICK OF IT!

Please, for the Love of J. Frank Broyles, SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING about the sorry state of what Arkansas Basketball has become!!!!!

SOMEBODY!!!!

ANYBODY??????

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 10:04:53 pm
Guys, seriously.

All I am is a Hog fan, who used to live, eat and breathe Hog basketball, who is sick and tired and tired and sick of Arkansas basketball being, at absolute best, mediocre.

I AM SICK OF IT!

Please, for the Love of J. Frank Broyles, SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING about the sorry state of what Arkansas Basketball has become!!!!!

SOMEBODY!!!!

ANYBODY??????

No one is arguing that. The question is why start a thread about a statement hasn't made in forever?

oldbooniehog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 10, 2018, 10:07:22 pm
No one is arguing that. The question is why start a thread about a statement hasn't made in forever?

Because it's a desperate expression of complete, total and absolute FRUSTRATION with the current sorry state of Arkansas basketball, that's why!

.500 in the SEC, late in the season.

Hey, Arkansas hoops is mediocre at best, once again!

HoopS

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 10:04:53 pm
Guys, seriously.

I AM SICK OF IT!

SOMEBODY!!!!

ANYBODY??????
yes, you are.

You are here tonight after a win bitching I guess for attention.

I grew up during the same time you did. I saw the same things. Many of us did. Only one of us is in here bitching tonight.

oldbooniehog

Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2018, 10:09:36 pm
yes, you are.

You are here tonight after a win bitching I guess for attention.

I grew up during the same time you did. I saw the same things. Many of us did. Only one of us is in here bitching tonight.

Hoops, are you satisfied with what Arkansas basketball has become?

Do you like it?

Do you like not going to the Sweet 16 for 22 years?

Do you not remember what it was like to see the Hogs ranked for the entire season, and wonder if the Hogs would be a 4 seed or higher?

Does the current state not bother you at all?

pigsooie1000

the fanbase is insufferable. 2 blowout wins and people just want to whine

HoopS

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 10:11:40 pm

Do you like it?

Do you not remember what it was like to see the Hogs ranked for the entire season, and wonder if the Hogs would be a 4 seed or higher?

am I satisfied? No. I want more. More like tonight.

Odd time for you to fire shots at people.

The problem I have with this tonight, oldboonie, is this was an enjoyable game. There was very little to complain about tonight.

My goodness. There's plenty of times to crow about it. Why today? Why not allow people to take this win and take a bit of enjoyment about seeing our guys have a good night?

It feels like you saw some folks smiling and decided you couldn't allow that. I don't get that.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 10:11:40 pm

Do you like it?

Hey geezer, news flash. We can't go to the sweet 16 until after the tournament actually starts. Don't negatively evaluate the team and the program after a win. Evaluate it after the season is over. Enjoy the win. You do like when the hogs win right?

AirWarren

Quote from: apcapri on February 10, 2018, 09:20:43 pm
No it means the league is as tough or tougher than it's ever been and so far they've done a decent job with their schedule.

Stop it.

We should be 25-0 and 12-0 SEC right now.

oldbooniehog

Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2018, 10:13:20 pm
am I satisfied? No. I want more. More like tonight.

Odd time for you to fire shots at people.

Hoops, what person did I fire shots at?

The Hogs won, and got back to .500 in the SEC, late in the season.

Excuse me if I'm not overjoyed by that.

Good Lord. To have ONE SEASON in which Arkansas is ranked Top 25, maybe even Top 15, all season long, to not be a "bubble team." to not be maybe a 9 seed, to be what Arkansas basketball used to be in the 1980s and early 1990s.

Just. One. More. Time.

Before I die. Please. Just One More Time.

But no. Sorry. I'm supposed to be jacked up about beating a Vanderbilt team that came into Bud Walton 3-8 in SEC play, and that win getting Arkansas back to .500 (friggin' .500!) in SEC play, 7 years into what everybody said was the "resurrection" of Hawgball.

7 years in. Two NCAA tournament appearances. Was supposed to bring back the glory days.

Maybe they make the NCAA tourney this year, maybe they don't.

Arkansas basketball used to be a shoo-in, every single year.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 10:09:29 pm
Because it's a desperate expression of complete, total and absolute FRUSTRATION with the current sorry state of Arkansas basketball, that's why!

.500 in the SEC, late in the season.

Hey, Arkansas hoops is mediocre at best, once again!

So...after a blowout win you decided to blow up about the state of Arkansas basketball? On top of that, you STILL have given no explanation as to why start a thread about a statement no one has made in months. Your answer of "cuz I'm frustrated about not going into the tourney a 4 seed" isn't an answer to the thread that YOU started.

HoopS

oldbooniehog

Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2018, 10:19:57 pm
Lol. Sleep it off.

I've been sleeping it off, every friggin year since about 1997 or so.

I'm tired of "sleeping it off."

SICK AND TIRED OF IT!!!

HoopS

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 10:22:34 pm
I've been sleeping it off, every friggin year since about 1997 or so.

I'm tired of "sleeping it off."

SICK AND TIRED OF IT!!!
you really are pissed we won aren't you? Wow.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 10:19:00 pm
Hoops, what person did I fire shots at?

The Hogs won, and got back to .500 in the SEC, late in the season.

Excuse me if I'm not overjoyed by that.

Good Lord. To have ONE SEASON in which Arkansas is ranked Top 25, maybe even Top 15, all season long, to not be a "bubble team." to not be maybe a 9 seed, to be what Arkansas basketball used to be in the 1980s and early 1990s.

Just. One. More. Time.

Before I die. Please. Just One More Time.

But no. Sorry. I'm supposed to be jacked up about beating a Vanderbilt team that came into Bud Walter 3-8 in SEC play, and that win getting Arkansas back to .500 (friggin' .500!) in SEC play, 7 years into what everybody said was the "resurrection" of Hawgball.

7 years in. Two NCAA tournament appearances. Was supposed to bring back the glory days.

Maybe they make the NCAA tourney this year, maybe they don't.

Arkansas basketball used to be a shoo-in, every single year.
What a whiner. How can somebody as "old" as you still whine all the time. Grow a pair and nut up. Maybe you can call make a wish and tell them you're old and you want Arkansas to go the sweet 16 again. Try some real world problems and stop crying like a little baby

oldbooniehog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 10:24:05 pm
What a whiner. How can somebody as "old" as you still whine all the time. Grow a pair and nut up. Maybe you can call make a wish and tell them you're old and you want Arkansas to go the sweet 16 again. Try some real world problems and stop crying like a little baby

Razorback Mack, I am officially nutting up.

I'm perfectly okay with my Hogs being .500 in SEC play in year 7 of Mike Anderson's tenure, and a bubble team.

I loooooove the fact that Arkansas basketball hasn't been to the Sweet 16 in a longer time period than most of the current Hog basketball players have been alive.

Yessir.

Nutting up. Official like.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 10:26:45 pm
Razorback Mack, I am officially nutting up.

I'm perfectly okay with my Hogs being .500 in SEC play in year 7 of Mike Anderson's tenure, and a bubble team.

I loooooove the fact that Arkansas basketball hasn't been to the Sweet 16 in a longer time period than most of the current Hog basketball players have been alive.

Yessir.

Nutting up. Official like.
You don't have to like it but you cry like a little girl with her panties in a wad. There's a major difference.

PonderinHog

Delete this thread.
Hell no!  Let's ridicule this stupidshit!

greenEGnHAWGS

oldbooniehog

Just pointing out.

GeenEggnHawgs says I'm a troll, but Razorback Mack says I'm too fixated on the Hogs and should care more about "real world" problems.

Got it.

Check.

Roger.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 10:35:43 pm
Just pointing out.

GeenEggnHawgs says I'm a troll, but Razorback Mack says I'm too fixated on the Hogs and should care more about "real world" problems.

Got it.

Check.

Roger.

So on a night that we win by 18, you become enfuriated and slam the people who made a statement not uttered for over a month?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 10, 2018, 10:35:43 pm
Just pointing out.

Got it.

Check.

Roger.
Not too fixated. Not at all what is said. The woe is me attitude is nauseating. You want people to feel sorry for you which isn't cool. If you want that go hold a sign. You actually talk about your death on a message board. Not cool

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: AP85 on February 10, 2018, 10:18:51 pm
Stop it.

We should be 25-0 and 12-0 SEC right now.
AND WON EVERY GAME BY 50!!!!
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 10:49:55 pm
The woe is me attitude is nauseating.

So is the " it'll be just fine if we give Mike time " attitude.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 10:52:44 pm
So is the " it'll be just fine if we give Mike time " attitude.
Who actually says that? Give me 5 solid examples of credible people that have said that this season.

HoopS

Straw man #2 of the thread. Haha. Good grief.

Nobody is saying either one of those things. Literally nobody. Except Boonie and sanity.