Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why do our fans accept mediocrity?

Started by hogwildjoshua, February 10, 2018, 11:38:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 10, 2018, 02:16:19 pm
But they HAVE one. The university still puts a lot of time and money in basketball. Yet to many are just poor little us. It's you who needs to stop it.

You said they put money in the basketball program. Arkansas just started investing in this program. It's been dead for years. MA has brought it out the ICU.

elksnort

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 10, 2018, 03:26:32 pm
You said they put money in the basketball program. Arkansas just started investing in this program. It's been dead for years. MA has brought it out the ICU.
"Arkansas just started investing in this program."

What?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rljjr on February 10, 2018, 12:19:19 pm
And i can respect your opinion. I don't know who it could be, either, but I would like to see somebody else get a shot.

I get frustrated seeing what I perceive as making the same mistakes again and again.

So you just don't like the coach . Solid reasoning.

I deleted the rest of your post because so much is based in your perceptions and not true results.

FineAsSwine

Well, you guys can bring this over into the game thread at the first Hog turnover or missed shot and then pick back up after the game when we win and tell us how it was lowly Vandy and how it wasn't on the road and so on.

When we make the tourney you can remind us how we won't advance because we suck and then if we do, it will be because the other teams sucked.

Then you will pick up your torches for next year bc we just lost six seniors (who in your minds all suck right now). And so on and so on.

hogsanity

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 10, 2018, 03:32:33 pm
So you just don't like the coach . Solid reasoning.

I deleted the rest of your post because so much is based in your perceptions and not true results.

I dont like the RESULTS. This program is better than 2 ncaat in 6 yrs. It is better than losing to LSU TWICE this season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Pigsear on February 10, 2018, 01:54:19 pm
If he hasn't got his players in 6 years, doubt seriously he ever will. Actually fans are excepting mediocrity, he's had 6 mediocre seasons and most keep making excuses for him.
Wow a reasonable Razorback fan.  Finally...you and hogsanity seem to be the only smart people on this board to see this mediocre coaching job.  Unnacceptable with the talent on this team

hogsanity

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 10, 2018, 04:32:07 pm
Wow a reasonable Razorback fan.  Finally...you and hogsanity seem to be the only smart people on this board to see this mediocre coaching job.  Unnacceptable with the talent on this team

There are others that see it too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 10, 2018, 04:32:07 pm

Talk about this great talent. Let's start with the 4 position.

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 10, 2018, 04:43:14 pm
Talk about this great talent. Let's start with the 4 position.

Ok, so the coach recruited a team that in yr 7 is not very talented.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 04:47:17 pm
Ok, so the coach recruited a team that in yr 7 is not very talented.

He talked about the talent. I want him to help me see all this talent.

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 10, 2018, 04:53:41 pm
He talked about the talent. I want him to help me see all this talent.

So is your argument that they are not very talented?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 04:56:05 pm
Not everybody gets on here to bitch and complain like you do. Some people actually pull for the Razorbacks and support the coaching staff. 

PygmalionEffect2

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 10, 2018, 11:53:19 am
Luckily I can have an opinion too and I can say your opinion sucks. Mike Anderson is one of the most respected coaches in the country and Arkansas is lucky he bailed on a good situation at Missouri to come rescue the program from the actual mediocrity it was in.

Do you not remember the Heath & Pelphrey eras? That was true mediocrity. I take it you're probably a younger fan and you just either don't remember it or you just don't know what you're watching.

Actually the Heath years seemed like mediocrity because they came right behind Nolan.  Heath got us in the dance two straight seasons and then Pel was able to take Heath's recruits and make it in for the 3rd season in a row and get us a more respectable win over a great program in Indiana.

Three straight seasons in the NCAA tourney is better than what we've had with Mike or at a minimum comparable.

The highest ranking at any point in those three seasons was 18th in the country.

Guess what the highest ranking MA has attained in seven seasons with the Razorbacks?

You guessed it, 18th.

Just stop it with this crap about how much better we are now than under Heath and Pelphrey, because that's all it is...

CRAP
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on February 10, 2018, 05:08:30 pm
Actually the Heath years seemed like mediocrity because they came right behind Nolan.  Heath got us in the dance two straight seasons and then Pel was able to take Heath's recruits and make it in for the 3rd season in a row and get us a more respectable win over a great program in Indiana.

Three straight seasons in the NCAA tourney is better than what we've had with Mike or at a minimum comparable.

The highest ranking at any point in those three seasons was 18th in the country.

Guess what the highest ranking MA has attained in seven seasons with the Razorbacks?

You guessed it, 18th.

Just stop it with this crap about how much better we are now than under Heath and Pelphrey, because that's all it is...

CRAP
Check out those wins and losses genius

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 05:06:21 pm
Not everybody gets on here to bitch and complain like you do. Some people actually pull for the Razorbacks and support the coaching staff. 

What does that have to do with one guy saying we are talented and another asking him to point out the talent?

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteCheck out those wins and losses genius

Guess you were more impressed with that win over Wofford than the win Pel got over Indiana.

Gonna go out on a limb and say you probably in the minority with that opinion.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 04:56:05 pm

I'm saying we missed on some guys. Thought cook or Thomas could be that stretch 4 but they haven't been thst for the Hogs. Who would have thought the best Beard was the freshman Beard.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on February 10, 2018, 05:12:03 pm

Guess you were more impressed with that win over Wofford than the win Pel got over Indiana.

Gonna go out on a limb and say you probably in the minority with that opinion.
I meant overall. I guess you're more impressed with Pel's Stellar 2-14 performance over mikes solid SEC record year in and out.

cram224

How do you explain the fact that we took CMA off Missouri's hands and 7 years latter Missouri has a better program than Arkansas. Tenner, Bama and Auburn have all got new coaches since we got CMA, yet they have already passed us. Here we are 7 years into a rebuild, I never thought the program was as bad as everybody thinks it was, and we are praying for a win at home against Vandy. What makes it look bad is Ark draws 16,000 or 17,000 for home games and the teams above us, with exception of Ky, the fans don't even keep up to when their team is playing. Talk radio outside of Ark, in sec country, rarely talks about college basketball. Lets face it we are a bottom half team in a football only conference.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: cram224 on February 10, 2018, 05:31:31 pm
How do you explain the fact that we took CMA off Missouri's hands and 7 years latter Missouri has a better program than Arkansas. Tenner, Bama and Auburn have all got new coaches since we got CMA, yet they have already passed us. Here we are 7 years into a rebuild, I never thought the program was as bad as everybody thinks it was, and we are praying for a win at home against Vandy. What makes it look bad is Ark draws 16,000 or 17,000 for home games and the teams above us, with exception of Ky, the fans don't even keep up to when their team is playing. Talk radio outside of Ark, in sec country, rarely talks about college basketball. Lets face it we are a bottom half team in a football only conference.

So Bama, Tenn, and Auburn has passed us based on one season. Do you really want to be Auburn?

Letsroll1200

By the way, Arkansas has won 4 straight games over Tennessee. Passing us up. Lol!! The last time Alabama was ahead of us after a game, was 2014.

txkhog

We took CMA off Missouri's hands. That's the explanation you're looking for.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: txkhog on February 10, 2018, 05:42:45 pm
We took CMA off Missouri's hands. That's the explanation you're looking for.
And MA gave Missouri the best season in the history of their program.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 02:19:40 pm
Hard to say on that. My feeling would be it was about the same, and the results are about the same too. None of them tore it up recruiting.

Results are not the same in conference with Pelphrey and Heath, but you knew that. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HiggiePiggy

Really?  Better?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/missouri/

You don't look things up do you? 

HogBreath

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 06:05:16 pm
And MA gave Missouri the best season in the history of their program.
And he's finished in the top 25 twice already in only 11 seasons at Mizzou and here.

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HogBreath on February 10, 2018, 06:13:43 pm
And he's finished in the top 25 twice already in only 11 seasons at Mizzou and here.
Use the metric you want to avoid the point I made. How intelligent....I mean how stupid. You trollers really crack me up. I laugh uncontrollably thinking about how stupid you are.

cram224

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 10, 2018, 05:36:28 pm
So Bama, Tenn, and Auburn has passed us based on one season. Do you really want to be Auburn?
Why would anybody not want a top ten team. Auburn is leading our conference, I would love to be in 1st place in something. Under MA we have never competed for a conference championship, played for second once. That's a moral victory and that's what keeps some people happy. I can't think of a SEC coach that I wouldn't take over MA this far along in his career.

HogBreath

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 06:18:58 pm
Use the metric you want to avoid the point I made. How intelligent....I mean how stupid. You trollers really crack me up. I laugh uncontrollably thinking about how stupid you are.
Since stupid makes you laugh, you should crack up every time you look in the mirror.

But go ahead and laugh while you can, funny boy, your fast 40 roller coaster will be heading back down the tracks soon enough.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: cram224 on February 10, 2018, 06:24:02 pm
Why would anybody not want a top ten team. Auburn is leading our conference, I would love to be in 1st place in something. Under MA we have never competed for a conference championship, played for second once. That's a moral victory and that's what keeps some people happy. I can't think of a SEC coach that I wouldn't take over MA this far along in his career.
Currently?
Andy Kennedy?
Mark Fox?

There's been countless other ones that have came and gone.

Man you trollers are so funny!

Paul Westerhawg

Hesus H Christ! This fool is a broken record. It's garbage.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 06:34:31 pm
Currently?
Andy Kennedy?
Mark Fox?

There's been countless other ones that have came and gone.

Man you trollers are so funny!

Lol trollers like you 😝😝??

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HogBreath on February 10, 2018, 06:31:15 pm
Since stupid makes you laugh, you should crack up every time you look in the mirror.

But go ahead and laugh while you can, funny boy, your fast 40 roller coaster will be heading back down the tracks soon enough.
Yeah I'm a stupid guy because I support the team and coaching staff from my home state. A state where I was born and have lived in my entire life. A state where I was educated and graduated from the U of A system. That's so, so stupid.  ???i

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 10, 2018, 06:39:07 pm
Lol trollers like you 😝😝??
I support our team and coaches if that means I'm a troll sign me up.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: cram224 on February 10, 2018, 06:16:45 pm
Check latest standing.

They are having a similar season as us. They are 17-8 with a 7-5 conference record and we are 16-8 with a 5-6 probably 6-6 after tonight and you are saying they are a better program than us. That is false.

Missouri has had so far 1 season. This one in their last 4 with a winning season in conference.  This season isn't over so they can still end with a losing sec season.  Last year they were 2-16 year before 3-15 and the one before that 3-15. They are not a better program than Arkansas.

hogsanity

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 10, 2018, 06:08:09 pm
Results are not the same in conference with Pelphrey and Heath, but you knew that. 

You can continue to act like anyone cares about a teams conf record all you want, but the only thing that matters in college basketball is the NCAAT - are you in it and what did you did wen you got there. All those SEC wins have gotten the Hogs 2 trips to the NCAAT, maybe a 3rd this yr, in 7 seasons and 2 NCAAT games won.

hogsanity

Quote from: Paul Westerhawg on February 10, 2018, 06:37:16 pm
Hesus H Christ! This fool is a broken record. It's garbage.

And you are a alternate acct for someone, which is worse than garbage.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: cram224 on February 10, 2018, 06:24:02 pm

No I wouldn't want one successful season but the trouble that is coming after this season. Bruce want talk to the administration about the investigation. No for me!

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 06:56:04 pm
You can continue to act like anyone cares about a teams conf record all you want, but the only thing that matters in college basketball is the NCAAT - are you in it and what did you did wen you got there. All those SEC wins have gotten the Hogs 2 trips to the NCAAT, maybe a 3rd this yr, in 7 seasons and 2 NCAAT games won.
Actually people that like the time care very much about how many games we win and lose in conference. As a fan of the team, it's brought me MANY more happy moments. That's a stupid comment by you.

PonderinHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 06:56:04 pm
Which is twice the number of Heath's (0) and Pelphrey's (1) wins over a longer period of time.

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 10, 2018, 06:58:55 pm
No I wouldn't want one successful season but the trouble that is coming after this season. Bruce want talk to the administration about the investigation. No for me!

Oh yea I forgot the only way a team is better than the Hogs is if they cheat. Let me ask you this, Mich St, Purdue, Ohio St, and the rest of the top 25, are they all cheating?

hogsanity

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 10, 2018, 07:00:28 pm
Which is twice the number of Heath's (0) and Pelphrey's (1) wins over a longer period of time.

Umm, Heath was here 5 yrs and Pel 4.

Letsroll1200

The government said they paid players. Not the NCAA Hogsanity.

PonderinHog

Razorback_Mack

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 10, 2018, 07:04:05 pm

"Assistant coach Chuck Person, one of the great players in school history, has been fired. He's been charged by the feds with accepting $90,000 in bribes over a 10-month period in exchange for steering Auburn players to an Atlanta clothier and a financial adviser. Person faces a trial date in February 2019.

One Auburn player, star center Austin Wiley, has been ruled ineligible for the season by the NCAA. A second player, Danjel Purifoy, also has not played this season but is still attempting to regain eligibility.

Two staffers are on administrative leave. Video coordinator Frankie Johnson and special assistant Jordan VerHulst have been in limbo for nearly three months now.

And Pearl himself has declined to sit down for a formal interview with the law firm Auburn hired to conduct its internal investigation of the basketball program."

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 07:00:06 pm
Actually people that like the time care very much about how many games we win and lose in conference. As a fan of the team, it's brought me MANY more happy moments. That's a stupid comment by you.

No one cares how many conf games a team wins because that # is meaningless. Did anyone care how many sec games SC won last yr? All anyone knew was they made the final 4. Did it matter how many games AR won last yr? The only people that MAY care are the NCAAT selection committee, and that is only likely to see if all you did was fatten up on losers or go on he road and beat someone good.

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 10, 2018, 07:04:05 pm

And the two players in question are not playing. Auburn is one team, though, is every team better than the Hogs cheating? Let me guess, Mike is the only clean coach in America.

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 07:05:17 pm
So you're agreeing?

No, each had his own tenure.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 07:06:30 pm
No one cares how many conf games a team wins because that # is meaningless. Did anyone care how many sec games SC won last yr? All anyone knew was they made the final 4. Did it matter how many games AR won last yr? The only people that MAY care are the NCAAT selection committee, and that is only likely to see if all you did was fatten up on losers or go on he road and beat someone good.
Fans do care. People that buy season tickets and go to games care whether they win those games or not. You're saying fans don't care how many games their team wins? You're actually saying that?