Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

it's a mental thing j

Started by songofthesword, January 18, 2018, 05:15:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

there are certain teams we play that we are just going to lose.   florida, lnorth carolina, kentucky,   we curl up in the fetal position and die.,

ParkerSchnabel

Florida came out on fire. They hit shots with our guys in their face. And sometimes with our guys running into them. When you play on the road in a conference as athletic as the SEC its easy to drop a few. What bothered me the most is when they finally started to cool off, Macon decided to start acting like the third Allen kid and threw a boneheaded pass that allowed them to put the game back out of reach.

I can't blame Mike for this loss. But I see plenty on here are.

BannerMountainMan

That 16-2 run with 10 minutes in the 1st was the only bad part of the game if it wasn't for that we would have never been down more than 6
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

southeasthog

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 18, 2018, 06:48:36 am

You mean you "won't" blame Mike.

Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson right?

elksnort

Are you paid to drive up post counts?

Seriously?

Kevin

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 18, 2018, 06:48:36 am
Florida came out on fire. They hit shots with our guys in their face. And sometimes with our guys running into them. When you play on the road in a conference as athletic as the SEC its easy to drop a few. What bothered me the most is when they finally started to cool off, Macon decided to start acting like the third Allen kid and threw a boneheaded pass that allowed them to put the game back out of reach.

easy to be on fire when your shooting lay ups
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: southeasthog on January 18, 2018, 06:59:58 am
You mean you "won't" blame Mike.

Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson right?

So I should apologize for supporting the program AND the coach ? Thats stupid. Find a Kentucky board.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Kevin on January 18, 2018, 07:04:12 am
easy to be on fire when your shooting lay ups

Were you watching the game ? We were playing a team that shoots the three ball very well at home. When you run them off the three point line that can happen. Did you notice that we adjusted and stopped that ? Then they got on fire and started hitting contested 3's.

Kevin

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 18, 2018, 07:08:01 am
Were you watching the game ? We were playing a team that shoots the three ball very well at home. When you run them off the three point line that can happen. Did you notice that we adjusted and stopped that ? Then they got on fire and started hitting contested 3's.

how about guarding your man, and not needing help. how about not switching the pick & roll and putting our big on a guard in space.

guess that is too much to ask
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rude1

Can we add MsState to that growing list? Seems they seem to take care of us no matter where the game is played too lately. IMO just seems as the conference is getting better, we are NOT.

elksnort

A what point is the head coach responsible for the product on the court?

southeasthog

Quote from: elksnort on January 18, 2018, 07:27:29 am
A what point is the head coach responsible for the product on the court?

At Arkansas with basketball? Never. It's all on the players.

Go Hogs! Go Mike Anderson!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 18, 2018, 06:52:10 am
That 16-2 run with 10 minutes in the 1st was the only bad part of the game if it wasn't for that we would have never been down more than 6

Uh, that 16-2 run was part of the total game.  You know, like if it wasn't for that TD on the last play of the game, UGA would be National Champion.

rude1

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 18, 2018, 07:35:33 am
Uh, that 16-2 run was part of the total game.  You know, like if it wasn't for that TD on the last play of the game, UGA would be National Champion.
Yeah kind of ridiculous to attempt to use that. That's like a team losing by 30 saying, other than those two 15-0 runs we played them even!!!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: rude1 on January 18, 2018, 07:41:36 am
Yeah kind of ridiculous to attempt to use that. That's like a team losing by 30 saying, other than those two 15-0 runs we played them even!!!!
they lost by 15😂 If they wouldn't of got hot with those 4 threes in a row in a span of just a few minutes then we played with them the whole game lol
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

rude1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 18, 2018, 07:44:12 am
they lost by 15😂 If they wouldn't of got hot with those 4 threes in a row in a span of just a few minutes then we played with them the whole game lol
Exactly right, other than those moments where they out scored us, we hung right in there with them!!!!!

PermianPig

How many more of these road games can we drop if we are going to get back into the tourney this year?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: rude1 on January 18, 2018, 07:50:15 am
Exactly right, other than those moments where they out scored us, we hung right in there with them!!!!!
3:30 minute span. Mike is going to have to stop doubling teaming...

elksnort

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 18, 2018, 07:59:28 am
3:30 minute span. Mike is going to have to stop doubling teaming...
So, if you know this, why does Anderson not know or do this?

cram224

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 18, 2018, 07:05:20 am
So I should apologize for supporting the program AND the coach ? Thats stupid. Find a Kentucky board.
I've read some of your posts over the last few days. You made a statement that the average fan doesn't understand motion offense. No coach that runs a "motion offense" uses dribble, dribble to create open shots. Motion offense is 5 guys moving all at once using screens and working the ball down low to draw double teams, then kick out to an open man. Generally, the kick out is in the direction of where the double team came from. Motion offense requires crisp passing and quick rotation on the ball across the court. MA's offense has been give the ball to a guard at top of key and let him create a shot of the dribble. I remember when Kyle Madden was using the same MA motion offense to get his shot off. Dribble, Dribble, Dribble and it's still the same as it was 4 or 5 years ago.  It's like you see in pee wee basketball when your team has that one stud 6th grader who has played enough back yard basketball and has developed a few skills. That's how the average fan see's things.

hogsanity

Quote from: elksnort on January 18, 2018, 08:04:18 am

Well, I used to think it was because he is stubbornly going to play his way, but now I think Mike Anderson is INCAPABLE of coaching any other way except the one way he does.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: elksnort on January 18, 2018, 08:04:18 am
have no clue, should be a simple thing to do. That right there solves so many problems..teams won't get hot as much..