Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs win Hogs win.this s a big win over a good Mizzo team

Started by forrest city joe, January 13, 2018, 07:21:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: Kevin on January 13, 2018, 07:40:36 pm
well well look who showed up like clock work. brag about the wins, no show for losses .

not a hog fan, an Anderson lover

Other than MA this staff is no better than Arkansas tech.   MA is in question too.

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on January 13, 2018, 07:33:06 pm
Missouri is better than LSU, I'll give you that.
That LSU gamewas just bad. it was the Vandy game from last year where nothing went right.but it's one game. that's why i did not lose my mind over it.it was a bad loss at home that hogs can not let happen again.

cjack

Free throws and rebounding.  Doesn't take crazy athletic ability. It just takes hard work.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: userpick on January 13, 2018, 07:36:17 pm
Lol ooooookay. We'll see what RPI says when it matters.

I don't expect you to be around if Arkansas makes the tournament. Mizzou is a bubble team.  When there's 350 teams, though, top 50 is not average.

razorbackfan4life

We need our guards to press the issue on offense.  Stop taking one on one jump shots.  Drive to the basket and kick.  We are too easy to defend. 

98hogs

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: drester77 on January 13, 2018, 07:50:55 pm
The problem with this team is they are in a shooting slump... They are getting the same looks but instead of knocking them down they are missing... Making shots early is important to this team's entergy...

Agree about the early shots being very important to our energy.  That's why I felt like it was a good move to start Hall and be real defensive.  Even though we only scored 5 in the first 5 minutes, MU only had 5 as well.  Against Auburn and LSU our defense wasn't sting enough and we fell in such a hole.

Higgyhawg

Mizzou, without their best player, is average at best.  We barely escaped with a win.  We dodged an upset at home.  We let an 18 point lead evaporate.  This is not a good thing.

FCJ, you lose all credibility when you only show up after victories.  Show up for losses too.  You'll get a bit more respect that way.  It shows that even during adversity you're behind the hogs.

I love the hogs.  I am a Mike Anderson supporter.  This team is average right now and has very little discipline.  I believe that MA will push the right buttons.  I just hope he does it in time.

pigture perfect

Mizzou is not a good team. Probably won't even be an NIT team. To quote the old phrase, "Don't pee on my leg, then tell me it's raining."
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 13, 2018, 07:21:48 pm
Proud of the fight i saw in the Hogs today.this is a very big win. could not afford to lose 2 in a row at home.and the good guys found a way to win. congrats to our players and coaches.GO HOGS.I LOVE IT!

Time to ditch Melvin Watkins,  Never been a winner in his whole coaching career and making 6 figures!!!

razorpimp

Mizzou is a average to below average team without Porter...this is not a good win it was a good survival by the Hogs.....we need a real coach this is getting ridiculous

Dropkick

Quote from: hogsanity on January 13, 2018, 07:49:47 pm
Hogs got bailed out by the refs no way one team should shoot more ft than the opponent. Hogs win but none of the problems have been fixed, the final offensive possession proved that.
I didn't realize we shot 40 FTs to their 12? Is that what you are comparing it to?

GoHogs1091

It was a pillow fight between 2 average teams.

Based on what is going on in the SEC so far this season, I wouldn't be surprised if these end up being the bottom 4 teams in the conference;

Arkansas
Missouri
Texas A&M
Georgia

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 13, 2018, 08:56:19 pm
It was a pillow fight between 2 average teams.

Based on what is going on in the SEC so far this season, I wouldn't be surprised if these end up being the bottom 4 teams in the conference;

Arkansas
Missouri
Texas A&M
Georgia

No Vandy or South Carolina, immediately knew list was crap.

1highhog

Proud of the fight i saw in the Hogs today.this is a very big win. could not afford to lose 2 in a row at home.and the good guys found a way to win. congrats to our players and coaches.GO HOGS.I LOVE IT!

Roflmao!  Joe, you've been missing in action 3 straight games while the Hogs have lost, and they've been blown out worse than I've ever seen the last two games in a row and now you come on here acting like they have won against a great team.  This was not a BIG win, it was just a win that should be expected EVERYTIME the Hogs play at home, especially against teams that are not even ranked.  We haven't even belonged in the same gym as our last two opponents before today, and now we're going to lose the next 5 of our next 6 games I'm afraid.   

GoHogs1091

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 13, 2018, 09:03:06 pm
No Vandy or South Carolina, immediately knew list was crap.

Vanderbilt played Kentucky tough today.

Don't be surprised when Kentucky comes into Bud Walton and wins while on cruise control.

PygmalionEffect2

Awesome win!

If we can just continue to win 2 out of every 5 SEC games the rest of the way we'll go absolutely no where. . 
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 13, 2018, 09:05:41 pm
Vanderbilt played Kentucky tough today.

Don't be surprised when Kentucky comes into Bud Walton and wins while on cruise control.

They're 6-11 for a reason. 

Kentucky winning in BWA is a different issue, Vandy might've just been playing out of their minds against Kentucky. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: hdturner on January 13, 2018, 07:26:42 pm
People need realize SEC is tough basketball conference now. This isn't SEC of old. We are going have fight for every win. 8 SEC teams will be in NCAA this year.

Agreed, but I'm not sure we can get to 8 wins.  Today was a huge step in that being a maybe instead of a doubt it

hogsanity

Quote from: Dropkick on January 13, 2018, 08:53:27 pm
I didn't realize we shot 40 FTs to their 12? Is that what you are comparing it to?

Hogs made as many ft as missouri shot. In a close game that's just a rip off. I know so cause I heard it here on hogville about 1000 times.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hawg414

Quote from: hogsanity on January 13, 2018, 09:20:03 pm
Hogs made as many ft as missouri shot. In a close game that's just a rip off. I know so cause I heard it here on hogville about 1000 times.

youre making crap up.  unless we shot 333% of the free throws they shot, your point is kinda dumb.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hdturner on January 13, 2018, 07:26:42 pm
People need realize SEC is tough basketball conference now. This isn't SEC of old. We are going have fight for every win. 8 SEC teams will be in NCAA this year.

The head coaching has definitely improved in the conference.  Howland, White, Frank Martin, Barnes, and Wade are tough to go up against.

Pearl and Calipari are not great coaches, but they are good recruiters.  Cuonzo Martin and Avery Johnson also are like Pearl and Calipari.

Andy Kennedy, Mike Anderson, and Billy Kennedy are the sub-par part of the conference.

HF_Mudd

And so it is, my friend....

userpick

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 13, 2018, 08:16:20 pm
I don't expect you to be around if Arkansas makes the tournament. Mizzou is a bubble team.  When there's 350 teams, though, top 50 is not average.

Dude I'll be at the tournament if we make it. Love how the conversation went from "is this team as good as 94?" To "IF we make the tournament"

elksnort

Quote from: razorpimp on January 13, 2018, 08:47:23 pm
Mizzou is a average to below average team without Porter...this is not a good win it was a good survival by the Hogs.....we need a real coach this is getting ridiculous
It really is ridiculous. There is enough Talent on this team to play better and more consistently than they are doing.

RazorPiggie

Hogz87

Quote from: LRHawg on January 13, 2018, 07:39:40 pm
Yep. We almost blew it at the end because Macon wanted to ice the game instead of passing it inside to the obvious mismatch. He's selfish and it's hurting the team.
After Macon and Barford entered their name for the NBA draft after last season, and then announced they were returning for their senior year (which was the only logical choice), I remember there being talk about the potential problem of Macon and Barford playing more for themselves and for pro scouts than playing for the betterment of the Razorbacks.  Through the Tennessee game it looked like that was hilariously wrong.  However, since the Tennessee game, and the more and more things go south, it's hard not to think that maybe all Macon (and to a lesser extent Barford) wants to showcase himself more than anything else.  Not saying he doesn't care about winning, but I'm not sure it's his "true" main priority.

Macon is a very talented player, but he has no hope of ever playing in the NBA.  He's a 6'3' shooting guard who doesn't have near the athleticism, explosiveness, playmaking, and first step to play in the NBA.  Barford playing in the NBA is a long-shot, too, but he'd be the best bet of the two.   

The OTR

rtr

Quote from: hogsanity on January 13, 2018, 09:20:03 pm
Officials got it right for once.  You are such an old scold.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 13, 2018, 07:46:02 pm
Lol. Truer words never spoken.

At this point in the season the Hogville drama is more entertaining than the basketball. Hopefully we improve and that changes.

What's hilarious is the people that stay away are the haters as we win. They come back at the losses and complain about people who are happy about when the team wins as if being happy about wins is the domain of homers but overreacting to losses is the way fan should support their team. Bizarre.

Kevin swore off jumpball while we won and then is extremely active when we haven't. Now he thinks a guy not showing up to what is easily the most negative experience in an average day is somehow a display of cowardice but not showing your face for the wins shows character. Weird

Kevin

You are right then wrong. I did swear off jump ball.

Then we started off the year really well and I came on here and praised the team after every win. Even got into some discussions about how they were playing.

I know your biased completely missed those.

See that is being objective. Not a homer or a hater.

But to you and some other you are a hater if you don't kiss the ring of cma

One last thing I have always let it be known I wish we would not have hired him. Cma is doing exactly what I thought he would do just enough to keep the majority happy. Not titles,
No deep NCAA runs. 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hamsam

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 13, 2018, 07:51:58 pm
I do appreciate comments of support for the Hogs, but your shtick is old FCJ.  When we get blown out by a mediocre team you don't even show up.  When we slip by a mediocre team you declare that both teams are great.  You have lost all credibility.

Been saying this for years... 👍
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Bigmac2

Being from FC myself I implore him to change his name to Caldwell Joe,  Round Pond Joe or Palestine Joe. Giving us folks a bad name. Keep the faith though, Joe.

PygmalionEffect2

I didn't want us to hire MA 

I don't consider myself very knowledgeable on the topic of coaching hires but I did hear Mike talk in a few interviews/press conferences before the hire and wasn't very impressed with his communication skills.  Most good coaches have great communication skills.

I was skeptical he got a little lucky with his Missouri success having talented players he might not have recruited had they not been friends of the family. 

Things have played out as I was concerned they might.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

nwahogfan1

I would say more of a must win at home after a horrible showing against LSU.

We must win one on the road to get back to 500 SEC record.  Must continue to improve our inside scoring.

raz1965

I did not like the last possession with Barford playing hero ball in jacking up a contested 3. Missouri had a rpi of 29 an I am happy with a 2 point win, any win is a good win an always will be. Arkansas does need to improve an I do sense problems with a couple players trying to impress NBA scouts. Mike will get this issue fixed an the hogs should do quite well. Kids have ideals as we all know that are difficult to work through.

hobhog

bkjbearcat

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on January 14, 2018, 09:01:02 am
I didn't want us to hire MA 

I don't consider myself very knowledgeable on the topic of coaching hires but I did hear Mike talk in a few interviews/press conferences before the hire and wasn't very impressed with his communication skills.  Most good coaches have great communication skills.

I was skeptical he got a little lucky with his Missouri success having talented players he might not have recruited had they not been friends of the family. 

Things have played out as I was concerned they might.

That might explain all the strikeouts on elite talent.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

raz1965

I should say that I believe this Arkansas team does not have the NBA talent with the exception of Gafford. Mike has  coached these players up to play above there heads in many games which has mislead the fans to believe we have a team full of high level talent. Most ever SEC team has equal or better talent,  Arkansas wins are due to on the floor coaching not superior talent. Recruiting is now looking up an talent alone with coaching can bring great change with patience.  Arkansas has a high level rpi schedule this year an should be ready for the NCAA tourney run. The sky ain't falling.

RebHog

Quote from: raz1965 on January 14, 2018, 09:15:56 am
I did not like the last possession with Barford playing hero ball in jacking up a contested 3. Missouri had a rpi of 29 an I am happy with a 2 point win, any win is a good win an always will be. Arkansas does need to improve an I do sense problems with a couple players trying to impress NBA scouts. Mike will get this issue fixed an the hogs should do quite well. Kids have ideals as we all know that are difficult to work through.

It was Macon not Barford that chucked up the 3 while Gafford was begging for the ball. I asked Macon WTH was he thinking through my TV but he didnt respond!  >:(

1highhog

Quote from: RebHog on January 14, 2018, 11:08:31 am
It was Macon not Barford that chucked up the 3 while Gafford was begging for the ball. I asked Macon WTH was he thinking through my TV but he didnt respond!  >:(

Same here, one of a lot of bone headed plays in the game yesterday,  but that play should have cost us the game.  Macon wanted to play hero ball and shoot a 3 instead of driving to the basket where he could have sought out a foul or dished to Gagford, a better option, for a slam or foul shot.  Shooting an air ball and leaving all that time left for Mizzou to set up a play and a walk off 3 point winning basket was stupid.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: oldman1015 on January 13, 2018, 07:47:19 pm
Thats like being the tallest midget in the room.

We prefer the term "vertically challenged" No call for hate speech.  ;)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

oldman1015

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 14, 2018, 05:52:39 pm
We prefer the term "vertically challenged" No call for hate speech.  ;)

Thinking of running for Office one day.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: oldman1015 on January 14, 2018, 06:59:51 pm
You didn't watch the game did you?

I think (or hope) that was sarcasm. Joe always complains about the refs when we lose. Always.

Yet in a game where we shot 25 FTs to their 14, he isn't really complaining about that.

3of5-2

Quote from: gguillo on January 14, 2018, 05:35:43 pm
FCJ, grammar & punctuation nightmare.
Have you been to any of the schools in Forrest City? He is not alone in that nightmare you refer to.

HogBreath

Quote from: oldman1015 on January 14, 2018, 06:59:51 pm
You didn't watch the game did you?
Lol....exactly, first there was the Miss State game which we lost, then there was this game which we won, so we're 1-1 with the refs so far right?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

riccoar

Wrong.  Mizzou is a one trick pony named Kassius Robertson.  With the talent and SCORERS (plural) that Arkansas has, this game should not have been close.  You give Florida the 3 point arc and they will bury you.  Florida coming off a road loss  +  playing at home  =  Arkansas toughest test in the SEC probably this season.