Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DC Prediction - Todd Graham

Started by TN HOG, December 09, 2017, 02:10:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TN HOG

Based on someone Coach CM would know, coached against, ties to others, and available;  Todd Graham.
Graham was also a high school coach in Texas.

Lots of ties;
Assistants under Graham who have become head coaches:
Gus Malzahn: Arkansas State (2012), Auburn (2013–present)
Chad Morris: Arkansas (2018–present)
David Beaty: Kansas (2015–present)
Mike Norvell: Memphis (2016–present)
Major Applewhite: Houston (2016–present)

Todd Graham new Hog DC, my jigsaw pieces prediction. FWIW
Play like a Champion!

Phil D

Hell who knows, as good a prediction as any others I've seen thrown out there.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Hawghiggs

That might actually be a solid prediction.  He probably won't be chasing a head coaching job anytime soon.

twistitup

December 09, 2017, 06:07:30 am #3 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 06:19:14 am by twistitup
He's known for his terrible defense- let's hope not...his teams had good O - bad D

Look up his defensive rankings nationally
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hawginj

If it were him he would probably already be on campus

Dark Helmet Hog

The longer it goes it makes one wonder if the target is currently working.

ravmsem

BR

Arizona State FIRED him, Kept his entire Staff and Hired Herm Edwards to manage his staff...   Pac 12 Network said he was mainly because he is almost impossible to work for and didn't play well with the High Dollar Supporters.   

He had the 108th ranked "D" in the Country this year... http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p3

Arkansas had the 103rd if that helps..... 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Donny2665

Quote from: BR on December 09, 2017, 07:44:58 am
Arizona State FIRED him, Kept his entire Staff and Hired Herm Edwards to manage his staff...   Pac 12 Network said he was mainly because he is almost impossible to work for and didn't play well with the High Dollar Supporters.   

He had the 108th ranked "D" in the Country this year... http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p3

It seems to be a trend that DC's rarely have success as HC's for some reason.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

rickm1976

Quote from: BR on December 09, 2017, 07:44:58 am

I have said this before:  There are issues with Graham.  Morris is well aware of them, which is why I hope/believe he won't hire Graham.  If he does, it is because Graham has changed drastically over the years, but I'll be shocked if Morris brings him in.

PorkerOinker

Would definitely be disappointed if this was the hire. Would be hard to sell him as the best DC in the country.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

wpswillriseagain

Really don't want a guy who was just a head coach. Want someone excited about being a DC.