Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiffin...Monte. Long known as the best.

Started by mj4president, December 08, 2017, 06:13:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

RazorPiggie

Razorpigg

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 08, 2017, 06:14:34 pm
He's old old old.

Father Time is as well. I'd still take him as a coach. Old doesn't mean the same as it use to.:: only to the young are old people old Now.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Bacons Rebellion

Holy cow, he was our DC when I was in college and I'm retiring next year.

Bash

The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

rickm1976

One of my friends from HS played DB for Kiffin when he was here (with Holtz).  He told me he would have jumped off a cliff if Coach Kiffin had told him to.  He didn't think much of Lou, though.

Birminghog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 08, 2017, 06:14:34 pm
He's old old old.

"Old people ain't no fools. You don't get to be old being no fool." Mudbone

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 06:27:18 pm

"Gimme that syringe."

-Mother Love Bone
This is my non-signature signature.

oldfart

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HappyFan

He was a pioneer of the "bend don't break" defense, is that what you want?

jesterzzn

I hear Pat Dye is still retired.  Go get em!!

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

EastexHawg

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 06:27:18 pm

"That's right.  There's young wise men that are dead as a..."  Oh, well, this is a family board.

Birminghog

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 08, 2017, 08:22:58 pm
"That's right.  There's young wise men that are dead as a..."  Oh, well, this is a family board.

You got it. I couldn't figure out how to extend the quote, which is why I stopped when I did. Good job.

"Say, ice cream boy. You want to turn that noise off? Don't nobody want to hear that stuff this time of morning. This is a neighborhood, boy. This ain't no residential district!"

Dude was brilliant. A little too blue, but brilliant.

redeye

Quote from: HappyFan on December 08, 2017, 08:08:58 pm
He was a pioneer of the "bend don't break" defense, is that what you want?

I hope not.  Seems like we've been using that ever since, except maybe while Joe Lee Dunn was here.

GoldCoastHog

Hell, at this point, I would gladly take back; Keith Burns, John Thompson, Dave Womack, or even Joe Lee Dunn. That said, what about Gene Chizik, Todd Grantham, Jim Leavitt, or the guy from UTSA?

Our defense has been an embarrassment to Razorbacks from the past. I remember when our defense was not only a strength, but the phase of the game you actually prepared for.

Hogarusa

We can probably find someone better that is within 6 decades of the players
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

mr_v8horsepower

Monte is 77yrs old. Presently employed as defensive assistant at Florida Atlantic with his sons.
If we had hired Lane, he probably would had come as a bonus.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Bash

Quote from: HappyFan on December 08, 2017, 08:08:58 pm
He was a pioneer of..."bend don't break"

That is very important when you are 87.  That and LifeAlert.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

Pig in the Pokey

what is the obsession with digging up corpses as coaches? the game has passed by all of these dinosaurs. Gotta go young.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

pigmania

Quote from: Bash on December 08, 2017, 06:23:59 pm
Maybe then we could replace Pepsi with and Ovaltine.
And replace Ageless Male with geritol

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on December 08, 2017, 08:42:33 pm
Hell, at this point, I would gladly take back; Keith Burns, John Thompson, Dave Womack, or even Joe Lee Dunn. That said, what about Gene Chizik, Todd Grantham, Jim Leavitt, or the guy from UTSA?

Our defense has been an embarrassment to Razorbacks from the past. I remember when our defense was not only a strength, but the phase of the game you actually prepared for.

These kids just don't get it. Wasting your time.

Phil D

GO HOGS!!!!!!