Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James Shibest - Special Teams Coordinator of the Year

Started by Hugo Bezdek, December 08, 2017, 03:31:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugo Bezdek

Former Hog and Assistant Coach James Shibest named Special Teams Coordinator of the Year by FootballScoop.com

http://footballscoop.com/news/james-shibest-2017-footballscoop-special-teams-coordinator-year/

Any interest in Shibest coming back to The Hill?

ballz2thewall

he drank beer, so hatfield hated throwing the ball to him.

The rest of the frog.

JONAS

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 08, 2017, 03:31:23 pm
Former Hog and Assistant Coach James Shibest named Special Teams Coordinator of the Year by FootballScoop.com

http://footballscoop.com/news/james-shibest-2017-footballscoop-special-teams-coordinator-year/

I wanted him gone when I saw him taunting like a little kid an opposing teams player while coaching here. Then how he and others acted when old misses played here when they came back with nutty as their coach. He was one of nutty's most vigorous supporters. Nope, hope he never comes back.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Snout team

I say bring him home.  However, CMM and his friendship with Gus may say differently.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ballz2thewall

Quote from: supersaint on December 08, 2017, 03:37:50 pm

Wut

yep.

he had the best hands since bobby crockett. could catch a hot greased anvil. we rarely threw the ball. hatfield went out of his way to not make james the primary target. the crowd knew it and would go absolutely crazy. was well known about campus.
The rest of the frog.

Tusks

No his special teams went belly up in both SECCG he coached in.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 08, 2017, 03:36:28 pm
he drank beer, so hatfield hated throwing the ball to him.

Hatfield did no such thing.  He hated throwing the ball to anybody.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 03:46:04 pm
You had to be here..................

He was probably closer to "here" than most of us realize!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 08, 2017, 03:46:08 pm
Hatfield did no such thing.  He hated throwing the ball to anybody.

true to the latter, but the beer thing was also true.
The rest of the frog.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 08, 2017, 03:31:23 pm

He wants out of VA. He most likely would've been on Norvell's staff. His salary is around $450k.

King Kong

He must have really improved as a ST coach since his time here

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: King Kong on December 08, 2017, 03:56:15 pm
He must have really improved as a ST coach since his time here

Well, he got away from Nutt...

RideTillIDieHawg

Shows what getting the right players can do.

Larry Coker and Gene Chizik both won national titles.

Rudy Baylor

proud of Shibest

one of the toughest players to ever play here