Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The must win games of the 2018 season.

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, December 07, 2017, 11:53:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the 2018 games do you consider essential wins for a successful 2018?

Eastern Illinois (Never played)
113 (83.7%)
@Colorado State (3 game winning streak)
106 (78.5%)
North Texas (9 game winning streak)
111 (82.2%)
@ Auburn (2 game losing streak)
11 (8.1%)
A&M (6 game losing streak)
60 (44.4%)
Alabama (11 game losing streak)
7 (5.2%)
Ole Miss (4 game winning streak)
101 (74.8%)
Tulsa (18 game winning streak)
109 (80.7%)
Vanderbilt (3 game winning streak)
112 (83%)
LSU (2 game losing streak)
16 (11.9%)
@MSU (1 game losing streak)
50 (37%)
@Missouri (2 game losing streak)
91 (67.4%)
Bowl Game (1 game losing streak)
37 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Locutus_of_Boar

What are the essential "must wins" in 2018?

hawaiianhogster

hawaiianhogster

If the team can win six games that will be an improvement from last year. It won't be easy.

lakecityhog

I picked CSU, Texas A&M and Missouri, if he wins those and the games that he should win we will have a fine season.

scottwillrazbackfan1

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 08, 2017, 06:10:13 am
I picked CSU, Texas A&M and Missouri, if he wins those and the games that he should win we will have a fine season.

Ozarkhog05

When you look at how this schedule sets up they really should win 8 games, 7 minimum. The 4 non cons with CSU being the only one that remotely concerns me. Then I think Ole Miss and Vandy. Mainly because Vandy is in Fayetteville and I don't think they can score enough to keep up with us. From there take 2 of 3 from TAMU, Miss St, and Mizzou. If Lock goes to the NFL that should be a definite W, and it should be regardless. I also think we get this A&M monkey off our back.

Pecos Hog

I expect 6 wins.    But I wouldn't be surprised we also beat a team or two that we we'rent supposed to.     7 or 8 wins is possible. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Easiest schedule we have had in years. We should win 8 just based on talent.

However, I understand changing schemes has an affect

Locutus_of_Boar

Based on the vote so far looks like these are the must wins for 2018:

Eastern Illinois - losing to 1-AA would be Citadel like, not terminal as it was for Crowe but a hard mark to erase so its definitely must win.

@Colorado State - This is looking more and more like the bell-weather game of 2018:  On the road, at altitude, and the first real test for the new offense.

North Texas - Probably important for CCM's north Texas recruiting efforts.

Ole Miss - Likely hyped as the farewell to WMS extending the streak against the Rebs could tie CCM's first team to Arkansas teams of the past.

Tulsa - The trap game on the schedule with the Hogs longest winning streak at risk, the last time the Hurricane upset the Hogs led directly to JFB's retirement.

Vanderbilt - Probably the first opportunity to secure a bowl game for 2018.

@ Missouri - The last chance to secure a bowl.

These are the must wins for 2018 and it seems most Hog fans see 6-6 or possibly 7-5 as a successful start to the Morris era.

The_Iceman

You have to beat Ole Miss and miss State this year. And I would hate to lose 3 straight to Mizzou.

HeathWimp

I see 4 wins given the change of scheme and the lack of speed among existing players.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Piggfoot

Looks like Hogville is becoming more reasonable except for the 7-2 yahoos who think Alabama, Auburn, and LSU are MUST win games.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

rzrbk4life

I just want to beat A&M for a change. No reason we should be on a 6 game losing streak to those fools
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Hogwild

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 08, 2017, 06:47:28 am
Easiest schedule we have had in years. We should win 8 just based on talent.

However, I understand changing schemes has an affect

I don't think that we have more talent on our roster than 8 of the 12 teams we face next season. I think CCM will do good things, but we don't currently talent to matchup with upper half of our conference.  6 wins and a bowl trip in year 1 would be successful imo.

311Hog

Hugo Bezdek

Beat Aggy! That losing streak has to stop now.

rzrbaxfan

I went with CSU and A&M.  CSU because I don't see us going to a bowl if we can't win this one.  A&M because a win there will light a fire.  Despite the losing streak, that has been a winnable game for most years.  I believe our losses have been due to a combination of coaching, bad calls, and just plain old bad luck.  A win there shows these players and the fans that he is here to win and shows improvement in year 1.