Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas should join the Big 12

Started by SoonerBaHog, December 07, 2017, 09:42:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Quote from: NWASooner on December 08, 2017, 12:07:27 pm

Like I said, this should happen or at least be given serious thought because conference affiliation is the opiate of the Arkansas masses.
And weak competition is the opiate of land thieves and Texasses.

AHorseWithNoName

"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

NWASooner

Quote from: 247Hog on December 08, 2017, 01:41:22 pm
I'm not saying i want to go to the Big 12 but im tired of OU playing 3 tough games a year and getting into the playoffs. I bet you if they had to do the SEC grind every weak, they wouldn't make it to the playoffs.

You mean like Bama this year?

Bumped the wrong button so continuing here:

Texas is and always has been a problem.  But we have many of the same problems with BAMA, Aubbie, FLA, GA, LSU and durn it, A&M here in the SEC.  We would compete in the Big 12, usually ending up around 3rd or 4th over there instead of 12th thru 14th like we do over here.

I expect with decent coaching and all other things being average like injuries, other teams up and down season, etc., we will end up in the top 7 of all SEC teams on average.  Its highly unlikely we will ever win the SECC but could happen once maybe every 20 years.  As for an NC, well we just might be good enough to go and win it all with that once in 20 years SEC champion or at least play the NCG.

Our opportunity to win a conference championship would be better in any other conference other than the SEC, period.

When considering all this, it must be offset by the bitching factor.  Should we ever win it all, we couldn't blame the refs for any and all losses, we couldn't blame every school that beat us for cheating in recruiting, we couldn't blame the NCAA for going easy on very team but us, we couldn't blame the SEC for always scheduling us horrible, we couldn't blame the weather for favoring every team but us, we couldn't blame the injuries we had while no other team had so much as a scratch all season.  So as you can see there are many reasons to just set right where we are and keep getting our asses kicked.